What's great about DayZ?

EcoBoost

I tried playing it today and I didn't find that many things about it that were very interesting, however it seems to be very popular among the community, especially on Steam. Have you guys played it? What about it do you like?

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Great optimiza- ow8

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

IMO, unless you have some friends to play with and are able to learn all the ins and outs, its not much fun. 

With friends, it's a blast. 

Also, Arma2 + Mod, or Standalone? The Mod has kinda lost steam recently as alot more was focused on standalone. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

If you have friends, it's the best thing to happen since butter was put in containers.

It's alright to play for a few hours without people, but you have to grab some people and just do things.

Most of the time people will group up and either:

Raid camps or cities.

Kill on sight anyone they see and look for fights.

Spread joy around and then kill people.

Spread joy around and maybe not kill people.

Or just do whatever happens when it happens.

Personally, I play it just to see what's going to happen next.

Last time I played me and a friend found a garbage pit way up north, near a small military base.

While waiting for a friend to come we decided to see if what things we could tie/handcuff with.

Got stuck in some rope, so I started walking towards the garbage pit.

I went up to the edge, me and my friend yelled at each other for about 10 minutes.

I said I’d jump if he tried to take the ropes off and he said he'd shoot me if I jumped.

I jumped and he shot, I actually didn't die somehow.

Above is an example of why I play with friends.

Case: NZXT 210

CPU: i5-4690k - GPU: Zotac GTX 960

RAM: G.Skill Ripsaw 1333 16GB (2x8gb) - Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC Mate

PSU: EVGA 500b - HDDs: Western Digital 250GB, Western Digital 500GB, Western Digital 1TB.

It's just one of those games that are only fun when you're playing it with friends; trying to meet up with each other and survive (or kill each other). Otherwise, it's just Walking Simulator 2013.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

It's a multiplayer make your own story kind've game with tons of features. It's really fun if you can get into it and just kinda make your own story with other people

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Not as good as it used to be.

IMO stand alone is shit. The mod was amazing, and still is decent. The problem now is that so many people are trying to recreate the DayZ feel. When DayZ mod first came out like 3 years ago, it was a ground breaking idea, and it wasn't exploited to the extent it is now.

The golden days are long gone. It used to be that everyone had little to no idea what they were doing, and the game provoked some of the most real feelings I have ever had from a video game. You would literally get the shakes, and literally sweat. You were simply dropped into what felt like a real life atmosphere. It was always the trust no-one mentality, but people still would talk to eachother and briefly help out eachother on the coast. There was actual interaction. Everyone acted as if they were actually in a zombie apocalypse.

Now it's simply fallen into these vast crazy mods with insane weapons, armoured vehicles, and it's all about PvP. People have set loot runs and blow each other brains out instantly, because they've done it a thousand times over. There's hackers, glitchers, and private hives. 

No longer will you stumble upon a camp carefully layed in the forest, now everything is glitched into walls, or buried somewhere impossible to reach.

In reality the game just lost it's edge. It's now a game people have played a thousand times, and just that fun sharp edge is gone.

I remember the days when loot was hard to find.

To break it down, I joined a clan called TMW (Trusted Medics of the Wasteland). People would contact  us on the forums when they needed help, and we would try to assist them. When I first joined DayZ was still quite new, and there were three positions.

1) Logistics - I was apart of this, and we searched around and found the gear, and stored it in camps around the map.

2) Security - These guys would be the ones with the best gear we could currently supply, and they would provide security as we met up with the contact

3) Medics - These guys more or less ran in with shit gear, and did what needed to be done (give food, heal, etc).

Over time it slowly turned into everyone running around equipped with thermal snipers with ranges of 1k plus, and the best gear possible.

More or less for me, the game just doesn't feel real anymore.

When I used to log into a pitch black server, with zero instruction and see a flare burning in the distance, and see zombies running around town, your heart would start beating and you would plan how to avoid, rob, or contact the player. Now it's just turned into people cranking their brightness and gamma so they don't need flares, finding the weapon they need on their designated loot run for that town, and killing everyone they can find.

For me, the game just lost it's edge.

Also the shitty dev team, and the prick creator Dean "rocket" Hall (I've met him, trust me, he's a royal douche) slowly dug the game into the shitty hole it's still rotting in.

It's a shame something that was so amazing fell apart.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

DayZ me rollin, they hatin

1400028056984.jpg

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Play it with friends otherwise it is just waste of time and it becomes survival death match which sounds cool but in fact you will be the one who will usually die and lose everything making you start again and walk and walk and walk....

1400028056984.jpg

Jay Z me rollin

o-jay-z-great-gatsby-facebook.jpg

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I dont know anyone who said it was great. Just because something is popular doesn't mean you have to get it or understand why. IMO its a wonky ass game. 

as much as I hate this It used to be alot better before it started becoming mainsteam. it was great because every encounter was tense and scary and you never knew what was going to happen. and then you had stories that played out were people would take others captive ...rob them at gun point, put people in a death arena and make them fight and the winner would get prizes and the loser would lose everything but you had no idea you were getting brought into this.

Then the gaming sites got wind of it and everyone jumped on and it just turned into a game where you shoot people on sight.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I tried playing it today and I didn't find that many things about it that were very interesting, however it seems to be very popular among the community, especially on Steam. Have you guys played it? What about it do you like?

DayZ is super fun with friends, however, me and my friends have started playing Epoch in Arma 3, or we play some of the Day Z mods (the standalone is a bit pants)

The thing that makes DayZ exciting for me, is the tension, other players are a force to be reckoned with, especially in Epoch where you can build a base, you could spend hours scouring the land for weapons, and building materials, and other players pose a REAL threat, since if you die your entire progress is wiped out

if you manage to get a base built ,you can store vehicles, and amass a small army of friends, store your gear in lockers, and slowly try and take over the server, or be friendly and go around saving people from bandits

me and my friends once got a bus on a busy server and decided to run our own bus route, with an armoured humvee with 50cal gun as protection, and we would drive people around the coast, in exchange for gold weapons and ammo - we did this for like 10 hours, taking over it in turns, and killing anyone trying to steal the bus

Its a bit like minecraft, in the sense that you make your own adventure, and build your own base, find resources, weapons, fix up cars and helicopters, want to be good? and help people? you can, want to be an evil bastard sniper who kills fresh spawns? go for it

The main issue is it becomes a running simulator, BUT that is why being killed is something you genuinely fear, being killed in Battlefield you respawn 10 seconds later... dieing in DayZ could take you a few hours to get back to your location and retrieve your gear, unless somebody nicks it!

Definitly better with like minded mates

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It used to be fun, but eventually you do get tired of the cheaters, the KoS noobs and the glitches that just don't seem to get fixed. Haven't played it in ... ooh ... at least half a year, probably even closer to a year.