Should I say "Sorry"?

IMPERIUS

I'll give you a quick tldr and some background.

I'm a very nit picky (hope I spelled that correct) person and can get annoyed with small things quite easy (similar to ocd I guess). My girlfriend drinks/ swallows watter or any other liquid VERY loudly and I thought this was a bit unmannered and not-caring about the surroundings (basically like spitting in public but not to such an extend). I kept this for myself a lot of times but every now and then I said that she could maybe try it quieter.

Well today we strongly disagreed about this topic and she is pretty mad at me, claiming she CANNOT drink it in any other way. I tried this at home and I could drink in the same loud way if I forced the liquid down my throat so thats the problem I reckon. I doubt she is physically unable to drink in any other way. But lets not focus on that drinking water loudly topic.

So she wants me to say sorry because I told her my opinion but she insist she can't change that. I do understand that every one is different and has their own problems but it really pisses me of when I hear the word "I can't" with such a simple thing. You can do everything, but everything is in your head, your mindset.

I'm not that type of guy that demands something out of someone I think I'm quite forgiving and all of this is a very childish thing, I know. And yes, I probably do have a too big ego etc.

So should I do it or not? In my eyes not because I was just saying what I think about it and it wasn't meant in an offensive way, just a by the way kind of thing.

ps: don't shit about "oh you are only 16 you are just a stupid dumb kid who doesn't know how to apologize" 

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

oh you are only 16 you are just a stupid dumb kid who doesn't know how to apologize

/s

Apologise and say "Disagree to disagree?"

what do mean by that?

I'd say sorry, let her think she "won" and save your relationship. Basically just justify why you said what you did.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

oh you are only 16 you are just a stupid dumb kid who doesn't know how to apologize

nvm, ninja'd

I mean.. I think it is annoying too.. And I don't really think you have to apologize for sharing your opinion..

But it is probably in your best interest to keep things  cool between you two.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Pffft dude. Rule #1 in a relationship: Girl is always right, even if she isn't.

At least when it comes to silly problems like these. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Just say sorry -.-

Should you? No. You should be able to be honest. but if she doesn't want honesty,  chances are youll break up or divorce later on in life...

If it were me, I would just apologise. Not worth the hassle over something minor. Save your energy for something bigger comes up. 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Yes. If you've upset her, then at least apologise for that. But then again, anyone that cracks their knuckles or any other joint near me I’ll just turn to them and tell them not to f#cking do it, regardless of who they are. But if she truly cannot help it, then yes. 

And then there is this guy, complaining that his GF swallows...

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

As in, disagreeing to disagree on the subject.

Isn't it agree to disagree? Disagree to disagree doesn't make sense..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

what the kind of shit argument is this?

image.png

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

I'd say sorry, let her think she "won" and save your relationship. Basically just justify why you said what you did.

Yeah, thats what I want to do but I'm a stubborn guy...too much I think

Are you arguing over how loud she drinks her water? Haha

Yes. Kind of embarrassed bcs I'm so desperate I need to post this on a tech forum :P

nvm, ninja'd

I mean.. I think it is annoying too.. And I don't really think you have to apologize for sharing your opinion..

But it is probably in your best interest to keep things  cool between you two.

Yeah, thats what I want to do but I'm a stubborn guy...too much I think

Wait, how often does this even effect you? You don't live together, right?

Every day, same school

Apologize. If she says she can't change it, she can't.

Say sorry. I eat loud but I have no choice. I can eat one chip per minute and be quiet or eat a bag and 5 minutes and my sister stares at me. I want to punch her when she stares, so I can only imagine how your GF feels.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

This is such a stupid thing to bring up with your girlfriend. There are always going to be little things that annoy one another but you don't bring it up because it shouldn't matter. Apologize to her even if you don't think she's right and forget about it. I'm sure she gets annoyed about little things like this, you'll get used to it over time.

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

Just tell her sorry and move on. No point arguing in such a dumb thing.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Sometimes being with someone is to make small compromises and dealing with their imperfections. I think you should just apologize my friend.

No worries :P. I'd apologize. Arguing over something this small isn't worth the time.

No its not. But if I would apologize I'd basically go over my thinking and not follow them anymore? Even if I'm right at least in my mind

Isn't it agree to disagree? Disagree to disagree doesn't make sense..

o shit.

rekt

yeah basically this OP, lrn2apologize 

To swallow is a reflex, she may very well not be able to swallow any differently. My friend for exemple is unable to wisper. He really cant wisper (as in talk while your vocal choard does not vibrate). So he is always somewhat loud. To be honest, you sound like the asshole in this.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Should you say sorry for such a silly thing?, nope.

If she gets mad for such stupid thing, who knows what she will get mad for in the future.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.