Apple WWDC 2015: Official Thread

SamNeedham123

So far, all I see it features that Windows had that they are putting in their software.

Nothing original. Apple is playing catch-up. I think they start feeling the pressure of Windows 10 / Windows phone 10.

Well improvements are improvements, even if some other OS beat them to it. Let's not pretend like Windows don't play catch-up from time to time *cough* multiple desktops *cough*.

And if we are going to be 100% serious, I don't think Apple is the least worried about Windows Phone 10, judging by how bad Windows Phone 7 and 8 were.

Swift being open soucre is a big deal

Last time I checked, Swift was awful. I mean like "nobody should use it because it is so shit" tier awful. If it has improved since launch (I mean like an x50 performance increase, which I doubt) then it might be nice, but if it's the same then I really don't want people using it no matter if it's open or closed source. We already have enough slow languages in the world.

1 have a grace period for new news posts so that the best thread with in 15 minuets of the first thread on a topic

The problem with that is that there is no way to measure how "good" a post is.

apple music for more than just apple products?, ofc otherwise who would use it

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

The problem with that is that there is no way to measure how "good" a post is.

sometimes its obvious but yeah other times not so much  maybe stop mentioning the names on the wan show all together

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

sometimes its obvious but yeah other times not so much  maybe stop mentioning the names on the wan show all together

For the record, I actually had no intention of any mentions on the WAN Show - the show didn't even cross my mind until you started making such a fuss about it. I've never really watched the WAN Show and most likely will never watch it on a regular basis, because it isn't my sort of thing I enjoy to watch. Also, I think you'll find that @Victorious Secret offered to help post live coverage - which then allowed me to collect my own notes during the Keynote to be able to form the Overview, which you can find HERE. So in response to your statement; no, I'm not a "sh*t poster" who is trying to get fame, I was simply working more behind the scenes to give a good quality and detailed overview.

I'm perfectly happy to post the information to those who actually appreciate it, because there are some people here who took some benefit from it. However, I will be damned for taking the time to write approx. 2,000 words of useful information just to be slated by someone like you for "not being active all the way through the keynote". For the love of god, I'm not even 16 yet, and you're expecting the quality of coverage of what Linus or Luke could achieve?!

A new iPod would be nice but I doubt they will release one.

Apple hasn't abandoned their yearly product release schedule, I believe the current model for iPhones and iPods is reveal in October and release in November.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Apple hasn't abandoned their yearly product release schedule, I believe the current model for iPhones and iPods is reveal in October and release in November.

Or, maybe, if WWCC (Worldwide Consumers Conference) takes place this year, we shall see the replacements then!

As I still have a love for my Apple products, I watched the full presentation and I must say I am rather disappointed at pretty much everything except their attempt at trying to make Mac's better for gaming...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

-snip-

Lol chill man, why are you raging so hard at a 15 year old? 

I think he did a decent job of the thread, he was obviously enthusiastic, and did his best, and at the end of the day, it's a forum, not a news feed, and you can get ALL the info you need about the event from this thread, doesn't matter if the OP posted it all or other members chipped in and helped out, it's a public forum, the news was reported one way or another and now instead of trying to shoot down someone because the thread isn't up to your standards, maybe you should try giving polite constructive criticism and then discuss the actual point of the thread...

I thought it was a great news thread, and certainly better then a lot of other news posts that pop up. And I understand your reasoning for calling it the 'official' thread, but maybe avoid that next time, because that seemed to cause a lot of sparks. 

Edited by Blade of Grass

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

As per several requests, and for your ease of access, the Overview and Photos from the event have been added to the OP.

Nothing that intetests me at all. Just glad to see multitasking. Maybe fucking google and hos youtube take that deriously now and let us listen to misic while we do other stuff !

They requested "Listen on repeat" to remove multitasking feature several weeks ago (which they did) so google must be up to something finally.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

As per several requests, and for your ease of access, the Overview and Photos from the event have been added to the OP.

Very nice, thank you for the hard work.

Gotta say I'm not that impressed by this years WWDC not a lot of it will effect me :( The iPad stuff is nice (although I don't use my iPad anymore aha) 

And the ApplePay stuff is cool, but my card already uses NFC, pretty cool people can use ApplePay on London buses now! Because they don't accept cash only oyster cards and contactless cards, so that will help a few people who aren't from London so they don't have Oyster cards and maybe don't have contactless cards.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Gotta say I'm not that impressed by this years WWDC not a lot of it will effect me  :( The iPad stuff is nice (although I don't use my iPad anymore aha) 

And the ApplePay stuff is cool, but my card already uses NFC, pretty cool people can use ApplePay on London buses now! Because they don't accept cash only oyster cards and contactless cards, so that will help a few people who aren't from London so they don't have Oyster cards and maybe don't have contactless cards.

It's fine, all in an enthusiast's job title!  ;)

I agree, I was a little disappointed actually, but we must remember that WWDC is mainly going to be Software related for the Developers - we'll have to review how things go for the Worldwide Consumers Conference that should be going ahead in the next few months!

Gotta say I'm not that impressed by this years WWDC not a lot of it will effect me :( The iPad stuff is nice (although I don't use my iPad anymore aha) 

And @jaggysnake57 are you happy now? 

apple music is big, it coming to android is huge, the ipad stuff is nice even if it should have come out ages ago. and swift open source and apple dev tools for linux is massive

and no im never happy

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

and no im never happy

Well do everyone in this thread a favor and sod off elsewhere.

Thanks.

iPods are in a weird segment now, can't imagine them selling well as they normally did. I'd like to see a modern Classic again, with connectivity options for Apple Music, but I doubt it.

September 8th or whenever they have it that week. New iPhones, iPads and very likely new Macs as well, but a large part of that depends on how fast Skylake is rolled out and if Skylake-E exists for the Mac Pros to use.

Apple music sounds interesting but lets see if it's as good as they say it is.

Apple music sounds interesting but lets see if it's as good as they say it is.

I don't expect the app experience to be any better than Spotify (probably slightly worse) but having it pre-installed on every iPhone upgrading to iOS 8.4 is going to be huge. Also there is no free tier, meaning more artists will hop aboard Apple's platform.

I don't expect the app experience to be any better than Spotify (probably slightly worse) but having it pre-installed on every iPhone upgrading to iOS 8.4 is going to be huge. Also there is no free tier, meaning more artists will hop aboard Apple's platform.

Based on what I read, it is a barebone experience. Even the recommended list of music is pre-define playlists based on genre you listen to, and not an algorithm that generates the content based on what you like ans listen.

Based on what I read, it is a barebone experience. Even the recommended list of music is pre-define playlists based on genre you listen to, and not an algorithm that generates the content based on what you like ans listen.

I'm not one for curated music, I thought Pandora did the best job at that but then it just started playing the same songs over and over again instead of finding anything new. I don't expect Apple's version to be any better (if there even is an algorithm). Although I did read that 3 out of the 5 buttons at the bottom of the app are meant to find you new music (For you, new, radio). Perhaps 1 of them is algorithmic based.

i guess a 3 month free trial will help alot of people figure it out...ill trial it and see how it does

No free tier makes sense. 

People either truly want to use it, in which case 120 a year is a joke compared to what they spend on music anyways, or they don't listen to enough music to make it worth it, in which case they don't. Apple doesn't have to pay out royalties for supporting a free tier, artists are assured money no matter what else hence why artists are more likely to pick Apple. 

Spotify can cry as much as they want. 

Isn't it great that Apple, once again, gets to take advantage of the technology illiterate consumer?

Isn't it great that Apple, once again, gets to take advantage of the technology illiterate consumer?

Isn't it great that Google steals all your data, breaks your phone with a shitty update then makes you wait 4 months for a fix. Yeah open source

Isn't it great that Google steals all your data, breaks your phone with a shitty update then makes you wait 4 months for a fix. Yeah open source

What does open source have to do with it? Not sure what update you're referring to either.

Oberon might be a bit too harsh in his comment but one of the most common arguments I hear for why Apple products are good is "they are limited so you can't mess something up very easily", so there is some truth to it.

Catering to those kinds of users isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

I think Apple is making too big of a deal on them not invading your privacy. I'm sure it's fine for the majority of the people, but for me- I like to play with betas and I'm always restoring my phone to brand new. Not having my fingerprint, frequent locations, and other "privacy invading" stuff synced is kinda annoying to me because those takes week to build up (sans the fingerprint). Although I appreciate their efforts, maybe they should have an option to let you sync your siri recommendations and frequent locations and whatever but have it disabled as default.