Apple WWDC 2015: Official Thread

SamNeedham123

can somebody send that arabic sms to Phil's phone during the live demo? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

But it isn't Arabic at least not all of it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

is there any way i can watch it without safari or a apple product?

nvm

Please check the OP, we now have details on how to view it through VLC Media Player!

Yes, follow instructions here and you should be able to without issue: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382830-apple-wwdc-2015-official-thread/?p=5169577

Added the instructions for viewing in VLC Media Player to the OP! Enjoy!

my predictions:

1. Overpriced products

2. no freedom

3. sheeps will buy in mass.

You're assuming that I'm that petty. I'd rather have anyone make a cohesive thread with all the updates and I'm glad OP did.

Rather him than the constant shitposters who can't put two words together to make a good thread.

Chill a bit, he's just joking.

- snip-

OSX, then iOS as well as native Watch apps with WatchOS. Yup, Native Apps are coming to the watch. 

Tim did not comment on Watch sales numbers

apple-wwdc-2015_0294.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_0331.jpg

55% of OS X users are on Yosemite. The adoption rates are pretty good, its not shocking that they have such high adoption numbers. 

apple-wwdc-2015_0353.jpg

OSX El Capitan. Yes. Thats the name. The amount of fucks that Apple is giving right now? Roughly none. Performance and experience, hopefully that means more power user features.

apple-wwdc-2015_0400.jpg

Holy crap this one was a long time coming. Spotlight can now be moved around and resized. INNOVATION! MAGICAL! REVOLUTIONARY! 

apple-wwdc-2015_0414.jpg

​The entire OS now has natural language search. Which is pretty neat

apple-wwdc-2015_0449.jpg

Windows now has snapping. I mean OS X now has snapping. Yes, I meant to say that. OS X now has the single best feature that Windows has ever made. WINDOW SNAPPING FOR THE WIN. 

They completely copied windows window split screen. And they aren't releasing most of the features for Canada. EVEN UK getting apple pay and news. Canada is right next to US.

There's a nice variety of new features within El Capitan! I look forward to seeing what else is available.

Approx. 1.4x of performance launching in El Capitan, many performance improvements!

How much faster is El Capitan? 1.4 times. How? Because they are totally metal, dude. Apple is tossing out OpenGL, moving towards Metal (likely pushing Swift on OS X as well). IF anyone could do it, it certainly is Apple. 

apple-wwdc-2015_0524.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_0533.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_0529.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_0449.jpg

Windows now has snapping. I mean OS X now has snapping. Yes, I meant to say that. OS X now has the single best feature that Windows has ever made. WINDOW SNAPPING FOR THE WIN.

Congrats! Must have taken the Dev team years to figure it out.

EDIT: I'm making a joke.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Draw call performance is up by 10 times, Epic is now going to be making a demo about Metal. No word if actual metal is involved. JK, Unreal Editor is involved 

apple-wwdc-2015_0556.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_0567.jpg

From everything victorious has posted, it just looks like they are adding features taken off of their competitors haha.

From everything victorious has posted, it just looks like they are adding features taken off of their competitors haha.

Which is what every company does off every company these days, lets not pretend anyone is really "innovating" the way we expect them to anymore. 

apple-wwdc-2015_0635.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_0638.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_0640.jpg