Apple WWDC 2015: Official Thread

SamNeedham123

swift going open source just made microsoft bridge so developers can use their code for windows 10 apps much faster to build

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

If it ends up being a well maintained, thoroughly updated thread as I'm sure it will be, who really cares?

With your response I guess you care ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I'm still delighted, and overcome by the fact that the iPhone 4s and iPod Touch 5th Generation is still supported!

"We don't have to own things"

- lovely inspirational app video

no no no no no no no no no I hate everything about this wah.

I want my music I want my car I want my movies 

*cry*

But seriously, I'm so against that. The scary thing was the tone of the video, which wasn't just a statement of the times, it sounded a whole lot like Apple telling the sheep (whoever you deem them to be) "YOU DONT WANT TO OWN THINGS, YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AND BE OK WITH IT" "WE ARE TELLING YOU WHAT TO THINK"

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

apple-wwdc-2015_1721.jpg

Native apps ahoy. 

apple-wwdc-2015_1758.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_1785.jpg

Developers can now make their own information for the watch faces that have such a thing. 

apple-wwdc-2015_1801.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_1812.jpg

Time Travel. Basically using the digital crown to peek ahead into whatever you have lined up for the day. 

no no no no no no no no no I hate everything about this wah.

I want my music I want my car I want my movies 

*cry*

But seriously, I'm so against that. The scary thing was the tone of the video, which wasn't just a statement of the times, it sounded a whole lot like Apple telling the sheep (whoever you deem them to be) "YOU DONT WANT TO OWN THINGS, YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AND BE OK WITH IT" "WE ARE TELLING YOU WHAT TO THINK"

I own 171 Steam games.  This account goes back to Counter Strike: Source, and it includes the first non-Valve game "Ragdoll Kung Fu".  So many great games over the past 10+ years.

Make no mistake, however.  I only play games that I purchased in the past ~3 months.  If I were paying for a $15/month for a subscription over the past 10 years instead of purchasing-to-own, I would have actually saved money.

Yes, I know it is a tough pill to swallow, but subscription-based (depending on price) will actually save you money.  Do the math.

apple-wwdc-2015_1883.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_1895.jpg

Basicaly, every iOS feature is being put natively onto the Watch, especially things like HomeKit. You can even request to see glances for apps not on the Watch, so long as the phone has it. 

apple-wwdc-2015_1925.jpg

HealthKit will also be natively on the Watch. Basically everything will natively run on it. The Watch can finally put that onboard WiFi to use. 

I own 171 Steam games.  This account goes back to Counter Strike: Source, and it includes the first non-Valve game "Ragdoll Kung Fu".  So many great games over the past 10+ years.

Make no mistake, however.  I only play games that I purchased in the past ~3 months.  If I were paying for a $15/month for a subscription over the past 10 years instead of purchasing-to-own, I would have actually saved money.

Yes, I know it is a tough pill to swallow, but subscription-based (depending on price) will actually save you money.  Do the math.

I realize it'll save money, and it's the way things are headed. Doesn't mean I like it.

It's like a horse pill, dunno how I'm gonna swallow that.

Basicaly, every iOS feature is being put natively onto the Watch, especially things like HomeKit. You can even request to see glances for apps not on the Watch, so long as the phone has it. 

If the HomeKit stuff hits big, the 'set the dinner scene' stuff is actually really cool. Apparently the audience didn't think so until he told them it was cool. (I lol'd)

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

apple is hitting google pretty hard i must say, damn google can pack it's bags on IOS i guess.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

apple music confirmed

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Apple has been busy firing shots at news aggregation apps, Google and now all music streaming apps. Not sure if it'll work but its been hilarious to watch. 

apple-wwdc-2015_2256.jpg

LOL they brought Drake on stage

LOL they brought Drake on stage

from all the possible artist's they could pick they got Drake? that's quite a let down, but a very big name, even for people that don't listen his music

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

from all the possible artist's they could pick they got Drake? that's quite a let down, but a very big name, even for people that don't listen his music

Like you said he's a very big name, possibly the biggest name in modern music. He may not appeal to the WWDC crowd or us on LTT but his support for Apple Music is going to be huge for the majority of people Apple is targeting with their new music app.

Drake is a known quantity. People like to think all these other bands or artists are more important, but Drake fronts one of the most profitable NBA teams in the league, his music is world known and he himself is just a plain well known person. Thats the kind of person you want fronting your new product, cause he gets everyones attention even if his music isn't as well received.