Apple WWDC 2015: Official Thread

SamNeedham123

El Capitan is the weirdest codename they have ever consived, why use spanish and not english, like will this version has something not talked about specific for hispanic users, or the lead dev is hispanic 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Hey look Siri is more like Cortana now!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

apple-wwdc-2015_0671.jpg

Siri is busy, and she is learning. Has the same natural language search that OS X is getting. New UI as well. 

apple-wwdc-2015_0686.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_0692.jpg

Proactive Assistance. Not Prostate, in case you were getting confused. Like playing your favourite playlist once you plug in your headphones, Calendar now has traffic included by DEFAULT (before, you and to tell it to factor in travel time)

apple-wwdc-2015_0697.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_0710.jpg

Siri can now hunt your emails and texts to caller information. Siri is just getting plain smarter with suggestions. 

apple-wwdc-2015_0730.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_0844.jpg

Apple, firing shots against Google. All the information used to pull the more advanced searches and suggestions STAYS ON YOUR DEVICE. It is 100% secured. You know what else is amazing? apple is effectively saying they can do on device what Google insists on needing a internet connection for. #winning

More retailers are on board for Apple Pay now:

apple-wwdc-2015_0895.jpg

Square is launching a tap and pay system that supports Apple Pay

apple-wwdc-2015_0921.jpg

Apple Pay in the UK

apple-wwdc-2015_0950.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_0958.jpg

Personally I still like Android over what iOS 9 is but I guess El Capitan is fitting since "it's like the Android M of OS X"- MKBHD and El Capitan is some like thing inside Yosemite National Park, and has basically the same UI but a refinement of that current UI. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

apple-wwdc-2015_1021.jpg

Apple Maps are getting Transit, most important thing ever. 5 billion requests per week. 3.5 times more than Google maps on iOS. Google Maps really did get burned by not being the default app. 

kinda surprised they are launching transit directions with more Chinese cities that the US and europe combined

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

apple-wwdc-2015_1068.jpg

I snoozed through this, but I guess its a built in aggregation system for your various sources. 

So far, all I see it features that Windows had that they are putting in their software.

Nothing original. Apple is playing catch-up. I think they start feeling the pressure of Windows 10 / Windows phone 10.

i like how everything they have show ends with a message that translates to "fuck you, google and your damn data hoarding"

So far, all I see it features that Windows had that they are putting in their software.

Nothing original. Apple is playing catch-up. I think they start feeling the pressure of Windows 10 / Windows phone 10.

Except Windows users aren't enjoying the features either. If Apple's graph was true, 93% of Windows users aren't on the latest version :/

apple-wwdc-2015_1218.jpg

Large list of content providers for News. Flipboard and others like them are probably shutting bricks right now. 

i like how everything they have show ends with a message that translates to "fuck you, google and your damn data hoarding"

Because Google deserves to be told "fuck you" for their policies. 

apple-wwdc-2015_1244.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_1254.jpg

New keyboard layout for the iPad, more shortcuts and now has a trackpad function. 

Where is Apple Pay for Canada?  :(

Even without the new features, I still prefer Mission Control for working with windows. The new features make it even better.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

apple-wwdc-2015_1264.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_1273.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_1280.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_1289.jpg

apple-wwdc-2015_1300.jpg

This one was a long, long time coming. Multitasking. Finally. PRAISE GABEN! Wait, wrong person to praise. PRAISE DUARTE! No wait, wrong. PRAISE STEVE! Close enough. 

holy shit, they are finally making ios on the ipad being more that a big sized iphone, i swear that multitasking feature should have arrived like a year after MS put it in windows 8

Wow.. I hope split view comes to the iPhone 6s+. If it is, it has made my decision between the 6s+ and the 6s much easier.

Uhm sir, you are mistaken.

Apple invented multitasking in iOS 9.

apple-wwdc-2015_1367.jpg

Picture in Picture on these devices. Spliteview only on the Air 2. Makes sense, if its demanding enough why gimp other devices and ruin the experience? 

apple-wwdc-2015_1388.jpg

Power saving mode that automatically triggers itself, 3 more hours of battery. 

iOS upgrade size is now 1.8GB, not 4.6GB. 

I like how he calls it official thread, like he got a license and if someone else wanted to cover it then they can't because he licensed the right to cover the event.

If it ends up being a well maintained, thoroughly updated thread as I'm sure it will be, who really cares?

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

apple-wwdc-2015_1447.jpg

HomeKit is now remote accessible via iCloud, and it supports more types of products like security systems and automation. 

apple-wwdc-2015_1456.jpg

CarPlay now has true car integration, letting you change car settings if a manufacturer desires to integrate apps that way. Which is pretty cool.