Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 9

Stannis .... now I hope Ramsay wins.

Minor spoiler so I covered it up 

There were so many foreshadowing bits to her death that I wanted to cry before it actually happened. Also, Melisandre said she needed her cuz she had the blood of a King but Stannis isn't a king so he did all that for nothing  :(

Minor spoiler so I covered it up 

There were so many foreshadowing bits to her death that I wanted to cry before it actually happened. Also, Melisandre said she needed her cuz she had the blood of a King but Stannis isn't a king so he did all that for nothing  :(

Well he has royal blood because he is a baratheon and he is the true king after Robert. Unless I'm wrong.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Well he has royal blood because he is a baratheon and he is the true king after Robert. Unless I'm wrong.

King by law though. I believe the true blood lies with the Targayreans 

King by law though. I believe the true blood lies with the Targayreans 

Correct but the Targaryens were overthrown.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I hate stannis now and I just don't get it they set him up to be a different person than he was in earlier episodes.

People be looking for a reason to flame.

I hate stannis now and I just don't get it they set him up to be a different person than he was in earlier episodes.

I have a feeling his contract might be running out. I mean the actor that plays him.

I'm telling you this because you sound like you are new to the concept of shows/movies changing the source material. Now adapting the book to the tv show can be done multiple ways. The way the tv series is doing it is great. I have been on several sites where book readers think they are better than the tv show audience. Also have several friends who would say I know what is going to happen and then spoil it for me. I am glad the show is taking a stance and a risk. If you want it to be the book then go watch something else. I love Game of Thrones.

In what way did it sound like I was new to "the concept of tv shows"? Simply because I disagreed with their direction? I certainly hope such a ludicrous reason is not the cause of your assumption. As I pointed out getting rid of Coldhands, Penny and others I did not mind, as it seemed necessary, but altering what they shouldn't have, what they didn't have to? That is something I disagree with entirely.

So you heard/saw/experienced it off site and decided to bring it up here, where no one was displaying such attitudes? 

The original content was already taking a stand and a risk, and was a beautiful craftsmanship of story, character and setting. There was no need to alter it as heavily as they have the last two seasons. And what? If I want to watch a show based on a book I read (and advertised as such) I should go watch something else? Like what, Project Runway? What in the world makes you think as a viewer your opinion, your general stance on it all, is more important than a book readers' opinion? If you want to watch a story be mutilated from its original without critique from loyal readers and fans, then read a fanfiction. though at this point that's pretty much what it is

And good for you. I love A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones too, saying it doesn't change much of what I brought up though.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

That's it! No more Game of Thrones! They have altered too much to the point where it isn't the same story, the same characters....anything! Stannis WOULD NEVER DO THAT! What the hell?!

I'm done. Done, done, done, done, done, done and done!

This is not the book it is a tv show loosely based off the book. Several shows/movies changed the source material.

Well no one should be reading this thread if they haven't seen it so....

Yes. Stannis had her burned alive while she screamed and screamed for him and her mother.

Stannis never did that in the books and he never would. He loves his daughter and the fact that the show has even changed this much makes it completely different than the far better books. I disapprove and I hate the tv creators for doing this. They have wrecked Stannis' character and if they don't make Davos kill Stannis when he returns, the show is complete trash.

You don't know that. The books are not finished.

In what way did it sound like I was new to "the concept of tv shows"? Simply because I disagreed with their direction? I certainly hope such a ludicrous reason is not the cause of your assumption. As I pointed out getting rid of Coldhands, Penny and others I did not mind, as it seemed necessary, but altering what they shouldn't have, what they didn't have to? That is something I disagree with entirely.

So you heard/saw/experienced it off site and decided to bring it up here, where no one was displaying such attitudes? 

The original content was already taking a stand and a risk, and was a beautiful craftsmanship of story, character and setting. There was no need to alter it as heavily as they have the last two seasons. And what? If I want to watch a show based on a book I read (and advertised as such) I should go watch something else? Like what, Project Runway? What in the world makes you think as a viewer your opinion, your general stance on it all, is more important than a book readers' opinion? If you want to watch a story be mutilated from its original without critique from loyal readers and fans, then read a fanfiction. though at this point that's pretty much what it is

And good for you. I love A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones too, saying it doesn't change much of what I brought up though.

Honestly you can't even say you know Stannis because the books are not finished. Who is to say that George R.R. Martin has Shireen killed in the next book or the last. Unless you can go into the future and tell me that you read The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring then I will believe your "Stannis WOULD NEVER DO THAT!" quote. Also it is my opinion and I love the direction the show is going. This is not a bad show and I have even seen worse show/movie adaptations based off books. The show is "based" on the book. It is not a word for word translation. The opinion quote makes no sense. :blink: Also you further prove my point by saying "What in the world makes you think as a viewer your opinion, your general stance on it all, is more important than a book readers' opinion? If you want to watch a story be mutilated from its original without critique from loyal readers and fans, then read a fanfiction. though at this point that's pretty much what it is" Again this is not the book so I honestly don't care that they are not following the book word for word. Also I am fan as well because GoT TV series is meant for people who have not read the books while still following a road map laid out by George. I will read the books when they are finished.

in wrestling parlance this is a textbook heelturn. you take a character portray him as the hero a good guy the guy that fights for the people then while the heat is hot you make him turn bad. when done properly its an awesome experience especially if you are in a live venue and a whole stadium erupts in anger... I kind of wish movie theatres in my area had rights to air GoT in their theatres.

edit:

also in some of the GoT extras that I've been watching.... it was GRR Martin that told benihoff and weiss that..... what happened in the last episode was going to be happening later.

also I understand it from a creative point of view. even for run of the mill essays that I've written and open up and skim months or years later. I look them over and see so many things that I'd have written differently or moved or omitted and I'm sure thats exactly what GRR is thinking after he's revisiting the stories he's written years before. and it must be tough to adapt the novels to a 10 episode format told in 1 hour chunks

glad its not just me that was weeping uncontrollably at the end.

as for stannis I saw that heel turn a while back didn't think it would be that gruesome though I was expecting it but something like that surprised me.

I'm just wondering if that disease transferred to the queen, isn't it transferred from skin to skin contact because they emphasized how the doll that was given as a gift to princess shiren gave her that disease that did that to her face. I was weeping for her sake..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

This is not the book it is a tv show loosely based off the book. Several shows/movies changed the source material.

You don't know that. The books are not finished.

Honestly you can't even say you know Stannis because the books are not finished. Who is to say that George R.R. Martin has Shireen killed in the next book or the last. Unless you can go into the future and tell me that you read The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring then I will believe your "Stannis WOULD NEVER DO THAT!" quote. Also it is my opinion and I love the direction the show is going. This is not a bad show and I have even seen worse show/movie adaptations based off books. The show is "based" on the book. It is not a word for word translation. The opinion quote makes no sense. :blink: Also you further prove my point by saying "What in the world makes you think as a viewer your opinion, your general stance on it all, is more important than a book readers' opinion? If you want to watch a story be mutilated from its original without critique from loyal readers and fans, then read a fanfiction. though at this point that's pretty much what it is" Again this is not the book so I honestly don't care that they are not following the book word for word. Also I am fan as well because GoT TV series is meant for people who have not read the books while still following a road map laid out by George. I will read the books when they are finished.

No duh it is the tv show, but it is based on the books. It should hold a more than a handful of resemblances (if nothing else the characters' should be safe from editing). Altering things to make it flow better for a tv series is fine, and they have made very minor edits since the start, something that would not effect the story or characters too much. So I haven't had a reason to really complain. But when they starting changing who a character is, it becomes a problem. So yes, since I have said it many times and it has been seemingly ignored, changing source material is okay. So please stop talking about it as if I said otherwise.

I know for a fact in the books that we have Stannis has not burned his daughter alive nor would he. If you read the books you would realize that and understand why so many fans are upset. So that's how I know. Each book so far has shown us insight on him, some trivial at first but then quickly expanded (especially around Jon chapters). That's how I can know him. Sure he nor any other character is not as detailed as those in The Wheel of Time series but there is enough there to understand the characters. If you read the books and you saw the series' greatest character (possibly) Tyrion be portrayed as an idiot dwarf, would not you be upset as a fan of the series or would you continue to blindly justify it because it isn't "exactly" the books? Why is it that you feel like it being a tv show somehow means book readers' opinions and thoughts on the material does not matter, that we shouldn't say anything? If anything we have been there from the start. It is our love for the story that allowed everyone else the possibility to enjoy the story (when others had barely even knew what "ASOIAF" was) on the big screen. Doesn't seem right at all to be shafted by not only the producers of the tv show but the man who makes the story allowing or editing things so it can "better suit" other people and not his original story.

That's the next book. As it is now, he hasn't done it and he hasn't displayed the need/want to kill her. If it had happened, if he had showed he was thinking about it, I wouldn't be "complaining". It would be in character then. But from what we know he wouldn't. His own wife disrespect her daughter and treat her like a monster and it was Stannis who loved her and treated her like his daughter (albeit mostly moreso than her). In the tv show they took one of his best qualities and tore it apart. And now I have no doubt George R. R. Martin will most likely write this into the series to shut people up because he has no spine and can't agree with anything the fans say concerning the show. It will happen now but I have no doubts that it will only happen because the TV show made it happen.

You misunderstand me. I realize it isn't a word for word recitation of the books. I don't mind this. I enjoy the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies, even Eragon and Last Airbender despite what people think about them. My concern lies only in the alternation of characters...important characters. Well, I never said you weren't a fan, I just said we have been loyal fans since before the tv series' creation. That deserves some sort of loyalty or an opinion over the matter, even if they altered the source material. So no, I didn't "prove your point". If I thought I was a better fan than you simply because I read the books I would say so. I'm not a coward.

edit

just thought I'd leave this here:

“It may be that we shall lose this battle,” the king said grimly. “In Braavos you may hear that I am dead. It may even be true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless.”

The knight hesitated. “Your Grace, if you are dead —”

“— you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt.”

Yup. He sure would have burned her alive, sure would have turned into a complete religious nut (only reason it was done and is condoned). But we'll just have to accept the crap the show shoved out and then again when George writes it into the story.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Correct but the Targaryens were overthrown.

yea that is true. I spent all last night reading about the relationship between everyone and Robert's grandma was a Targaryan so Stannis has Targaryan blood too. 

yea that is true. I spent all last night reading about the relationship between everyone and Robert's grandma was a Targaryan so Stannis has Targaryan blood too. 

So ... By kings blood , it means the Bloodline of the First King Of The Andals ? 

Where's Gendry :(

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

So ... By kings blood , it means the Bloodline of the First King Of The Andals ? 

If Gendry is legitimate his right to the throne is greater than Stannis. I'm pretty sure Stannis is never going to sit on the Iron Throne. 

I really am starting to hate this show. Stannis would never do such a thing. I hate how during the season the show describes stannis as a great father and then does this. Its almost as if the show is only going on shock factor alone now. Pic relevant :
11200896_1611075452441652_76579801067171

^ Exactly. But we should keep our mouths shut and our opinions out of it because this happens to be a tv show... George has lost himself in the show and it is getting sad.

No, it just has to be king's blood. That's why it worked for Dany when hatching the dragon eggs. In the books Stannis was going to burn Mance Rayder's baby but Jon stopped it by sending it away with Gilly and Sam, leaving Gilly's baby at the wall to trick Stannis (or rather Melisandre). All of which, apparently, the show will not continue on. Which means Gilly and Sam stay at the wall, which to be honest, is an important part of the story.

Oh yea, and they morphed Stannis' brilliant campaign against Winterfell to win the north's support and his liberation. What a character screwer this series has become.

^ Exactly. But we should keep our mouths shut and our opinions out of it because this happens to be a tv show... George has lost himself in the show and it is getting sad.

No, it just has to be king's blood. That's why it worked for Dany when hatching the dragon eggs. In the books Stannis was going to burn Mance Rayder's baby but Jon stopped it by sending it away with Gilly and Sam, leaving Gilly's baby at the wall to trick Stannis (or rather Melisandre). All of which, apparently, the show will not continue on. Which means Gilly and Sam stay at the wall, which to be honest, is an important part of the story.

Oh yea, and they morphed Stannis' brilliant campaign against Winterfell to win the north's support and his liberation. What a character screwer this series has become.

Imagine the look on Melissandre face when she saw The Night Kings Blood , that is if he even has blood in him ... 

At the start of the season , I was hyped up and hoped that he would take out the Boltons and that the Sansa raping is just more fuel to the fire ...

Also , in episode 7 ... I was so hyped up that maybe Arya would take on her mother's face and be like Lady Stoneheart ... But no ... Now Briene looks like a sitting duck ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Imagine the look on Melissandre face when she saw The Night Kings Blood , that is if he even has blood in him ... 

At the start of the season , I was hyped up and hoped that he would take out the Boltons and that the Sansa raping is just more fuel to the fire ...

Also , in episode 7 ... I was so hyped up that maybe Arya would take on her mother's face and be like Lady Stoneheart ... But no ... Now Briene looks like a sitting duck ... 

Speaking up Cat...I was really looking forward to Lady Stoneheart and her interaction with Pod and Brienne. I wonder if this means no more Cat?

Great episode!

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

in wrestling parlance this is a textbook heelturn. you take a character portray him as the hero a good guy the guy that fights for the people then while the heat is hot you make him turn bad. when done properly its an awesome experience especially if you are in a live venue and a whole stadium erupts in anger... I kind of wish movie theatres in my area had rights to air GoT in their theatres.

edit:

also in some of the GoT extras that I've been watching.... it was GRR Martin that told benihoff and weiss that..... what happened in the last episode was going to be happening later.

also I understand it from a creative point of view. even for run of the mill essays that I've written and open up and skim months or years later. I look them over and see so many things that I'd have written differently or moved or omitted and I'm sure thats exactly what GRR is thinking after he's revisiting the stories he's written years before. and it must be tough to adapt the novels to a 10 episode format told in 1 hour chunks

This ^

No duh it is the tv show, but it is based on the books. It should hold a more than a handful of resemblances (if nothing else the characters' should be safe from editing). Altering things to make it flow better for a tv series is fine, and they have made very minor edits since the start, something that would not effect the story or characters too much. So I haven't had a reason to really complain. But when they starting changing who a character is, it becomes a problem. So yes, since I have said it many times and it has been seemingly ignored, changing source material is okay. So please stop talking about it as if I said otherwise.

I know for a fact in the books that we have Stannis has not burned his daughter alive nor would he. If you read the books you would realize that and understand why so many fans are upset. So that's how I know. Each book so far has shown us insight on him, some trivial at first but then quickly expanded (especially around Jon chapters). That's how I can know him. Sure he nor any other character is not as detailed as those in The Wheel of Time series but there is enough there to understand the characters. If you read the books and you saw the series' greatest character (possibly) Tyrion be portrayed as an idiot dwarf, would not you be upset as a fan of the series or would you continue to blindly justify it because it isn't "exactly" the books? Why is it that you feel like it being a tv show somehow means book readers' opinions and thoughts on the material does not matter, that we shouldn't say anything? If anything we have been there from the start. It is our love for the story that allowed everyone else the possibility to enjoy the story (when others had barely even knew what "ASOIAF" was) on the big screen. Doesn't seem right at all to be shafted by not only the producers of the tv show but the man who makes the story allowing or editing things so it can "better suit" other people and not his original story.

That's the next book. As it is now, he hasn't done it and he hasn't displayed the need/want to kill her. If it had happened, if he had showed he was thinking about it, I wouldn't be "complaining". It would be in character then. But from what we know he wouldn't. His own wife disrespect her daughter and treat her like a monster and it was Stannis who loved her and treated her like his daughter (albeit mostly moreso than her). In the tv show they took one of his best qualities and tore it apart. And now I have no doubt George R. R. Martin will most likely write this into the series to shut people up because he has no spine and can't agree with anything the fans say concerning the show. It will happen now but I have no doubts that it will only happen because the TV show made it happen.

You misunderstand me. I realize it isn't a word for word recitation of the books. I don't mind this. I enjoy the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies, even Eragon and Last Airbender despite what people think about them. My concern lies only in the alternation of characters...important characters. Well, I never said you weren't a fan, I just said we have been loyal fans since before the tv series' creation. That deserves some sort of loyalty or an opinion over the matter, even if they altered the source material. So no, I didn't "prove your point". If I thought I was a better fan than you simply because I read the books I would say so. I'm not a coward.

edit

just thought I'd leave this here:

Yup. He sure would have burned her alive, sure would have turned into a complete religious nut (only reason it was done and is condoned). But we'll just have to accept the crap the show shoved out and then again when George writes it into the story.

The autoher George R.R. Martin just confirmed this was his idea and it might be in the books. My point still stands. You don't know Stannis and you don't know what George is up to.

'Game Of Thrones' Season 5: Stannis' Major Decision Was George R.R. Martin's Idea

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/58797/20150608/game-of-thrones-season-5-stannis-major-decision-was-george-r-r-martins-idea.htm

Also you being a "loyal" reader is bs. I bought the books but have not read them yet because I'm busy atm. Guess I'm loyal as well. I also bought the Telltale game. Does that make even more "loyal" lol? The answer is no. You still don't understand. I don't care that they are changing because I see this happen a lot. To put that much pressure on the tv show for not completely following the books is ridiculous. The book was not written as a screenplay. It was written as a novel.

Now back to Stannis would never do this. I would not talk if the books were done and this is not the case. My point is the books are not done and George can do whatever he wants. It is his book and not the "fans" book. I hate it when authors write books to please their "fans". An author should write a book for his/her own reason and not be influenced by "fans".

Book readers and show viewers alike didn't expect Stannis to go there, but he did. Now HBO showrunners say the major death in the episode 'The Dance of Dragons' came straight from author George R.R. Martin himself.

Notice how they say show viewers. Both matter.

Coming into season five of Game of Thrones, author George R.R. Martin said himself that there would be major character deaths on the show that had not (or will not) happen in the books.

For the show version of Stannis, this doesn't feel too out of place, even if Stannis argued with Melisandre over the matter a few episodes earlier. But some fans feel Stannis' choice is out of character, especially since this has yet to happen in the books. In fact, in Martin's novels Shireen and her mother aren't with Stannis as he marches on Winterfell, instead staying behind at Castle Black. Melisandre, too, is left behind, and Davos is on a different mission entirely.

Despite all this, HBO showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss say the idea of Stannis sacrificing Shireen came straight from Martin himself.

"When George first told us about this, it was one of those moments I remember looking at Dan, and I was just like 'Gah, that's so horrible and so good in the story sense because it all comes together,' " Benioff says in the behind-the-scenes look at the making of "The Dance With Dragons." From the very first time we saw Stannis and Melisandre they were sacrificing people and burning them alive on the beaches of Dragonstone. It's really all come to this, there's been so much talk about the power of king's blood and it all leads ultimately, fatally, to Shireen's sacrifice."

This may mean that Shireen won't survive Martin's next book, The Winds of Winter, though events will have to transpire differently from the show. As Shireen and Melisandre are all at Castle Black, it's possible Melisandre and Shireen's mother might agree to sacrifice Shireen without Stannis knowing. If so, this would make the book and show versions of Stannis two very different characters, something we continue to see more and more of as the HBO show continues to depart from the book series. After watching "The Dance with Dragons," it seems much easier to root for book Stannis.

Nice

I miss Gendry

No, you just don't get it. Still not sure why you are new to this idea of shows going away from books. Either way the author was on board with this. Your replies back to me just further prove that point I made. At this point it is pointless to continue this debate. If I made you mad or upset then I'm sorry. I have read several books where the show/movie adaptation changed it. Still never got me upset. I like to finish everything I watch and read. I'm just a different person and don't put words in mouth that are not true. That is just annoying and childish.

Speaking up Cat...I was really looking forward to Lady Stoneheart and her interaction with Pod and Brienne. I wonder if this means no more Cat?

The actress left the show and revealed Lady Stoneheart will not happen. Unless they get a new actress. This is what I'm talking about. The show relies on human beings and there schedules. The book does not. Well maybe the author living but that is about it. The sky is the limit with the books. Also a quote from the actress “The character’s dead,” Michelle told EW. “She’s dead.” The outlet revealed that Michelle was told it would likely never happen, and when asked about a preference — Lady Stoneheart or no Lady Stoneheart — Michelle said, “I knew the arc, and that was it. They can’t stick to the books 100 percent. It’s impossible— they only have 10 hours per season.“ They have got to keep it dramatic and exciting, and extraneous stuff along the way gets lost in order to maintain the quality of brilliant show.”

CoNflIcTiNG FeElInGS!!!!  (And spoilers below)

Stannis:

On one hand, yeah fuck Stannis for doing what he did, he was immediately dead to me. No man who burns his own daughter alive deserves to sit on the Iron Throne. That being said, maybe he'll still have a part in saving Westeros, but never sit on the throne.

But: Let's imagine for a moment that all of Mel's crap is true. He just killed his daughter to save all of the western world. Shitty, but also great. He probably feels and knows he's dead inside. I bet it will eat at him right up until his 'tasks' are done, and then he'll be totally out. Who knows, maybe he'll even kill himself.

Arya:

If i have to hear OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES one more time in her shrill voice I might bleed from the ears. The whole faceless man thing is cool and all, but god damn she just doesn't get it does she. stupid stupid. Also her walking inconspicuously with a cart full of fish for like 20 minutes felt REALLY obvious. Seems she's being set up to be a prostitute for a minute or two, then kill Meryn. Predictable and therefore boring. Arya needs to get her ass kicked REAL hard when Jaquen confronts her about all the shit she's just done wrong.

Dany:  I've always hated her. I think it's because the actress never ever gives Dany the performance she deserves. Also totally predictable that Drogon would save the day. So big whoop, she got on her dragon and kicked a lot of ass.  literally just flew away.  Wouldn't the sons of the harpy just look up, go "oh look she's gone let's slaughter the rest of these dudes in the middle." Dragon CGI while she was riding also looked just BARELY convincing. Cheaply done imo. Also, if the sons of the Harpy are smart, and literally ALL of Dany's staff is in the arena, don't you think they would have the smarts to sneak in and kill greyworm whilst he's chilling in bed (wherever he is). 

One other thing: greyscale? Didn't Jorah touch Dany with his greyscale hand? I swear to god that happened.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

The autoher George R.R. Martin just confirmed this was his idea and it might be in the books. My point still stands. You don't know Stannis and you don't know what George is up to.

'Game Of Thrones' Season 5: Stannis' Major Decision Was George R.R. Martin's Idea

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/58797/20150608/game-of-thrones-season-5-stannis-major-decision-was-george-r-r-martins-idea.htm

Are  you serious? I'm sorry if I am being confusing but I already know about the interviews. :(*

Also you being a "loyal" reader is bs. I bought the books but have not read them yet because I'm busy atm. Guess I'm loyal as well. I also bought the Telltale game. Does that make even more "loyal" lol? The answer is no. You still don't understand. I don't care that they are changing because I see this happen a lot. To put that much pressure on the tv show for not completely following the books is ridiculous. The book was not written as a screenplay. It was written as a novel.

Not the same thing. *

We get you don't care. I don't know what posts you have been reading to indicate otherwise but maybe you should stop for a moment and give the posts a more thorough read through?

Now back to Stannis would never do this. I would not talk if the books were done and this is not the case. My point is the books are not done and George can do whatever he wants. It is his book and not the "fans" book. I hate it when authors write books to please their "fans". An author should write a book for his/her own reason and not be influenced by "fans"

Oh my...okay, let me say it again: 1) I know the book and tv show are different 2) I know why they made changes 3) I know this is George's book 4) I know about the interviews 5) I know there are viewer only fans 6) I know the books aren't done.

What may happen in the future of the books is irrelevant because this series it is what has already happened in the books and what has already occurred is that Stannis would not have and did not burn his daughter alive when all of his moments have indicated nothing of it. It doesn't matter if George will add it now...do you really think that if it was something he intended to happen he would have left it out? We all know he can do it now and that it is his story, doesn't make what I'm saying any less true. If you read the books and compare, Stannis has crossed a line his character never would have. But retcons....sure do love them. They make the story so fun. *

Funny how I cannot use the books or book Stannis to prove a point yet you can use it to prove your own "it hasn't happened yet, it could". Ridiculous.

Book readers and show viewers alike didn't expect Stannis to go there, but he did. Now HBO showrunners say the major death in the episode 'The Dance of Dragons' came straight from author George R.R. Martin himself. Notice how they say show viewers. Both matter.

Coming into season five of Game of Thrones, author George R.R. Martin said himself that there would be major character deaths on the show that had not (or will not) happen in the books.

For the show version of Stannis, this doesn't feel too out of place, even if Stannis argued with Melisandre over the matter a few episodes earlier. But some fans feel Stannis' choice is out of character, especially since this has yet to happen in the books. In fact, in Martin's novels Shireen and her mother aren't with Stannis as he marches on Winterfell, instead staying behind at Castle Black. Melisandre, too, is left behind, and Davos is on a different mission entirely.

Despite all this, HBO showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss say the idea of Stannis sacrificing Shireen came straight from Martin himself.

"When George first told us about this, it was one of those moments I remember looking at Dan, and I was just like 'Gah, that's so horrible and so good in the story sense because it all comes together,' " Benioff says in the behind-the-scenes look at the making of "The Dance With Dragons." From the very first time we saw Stannis and Melisandre they were sacrificing people and burning them alive on the beaches of Dragonstone. It's really all come to this, there's been so much talk about the power of king's blood and it all leads ultimately, fatally, to Shireen's sacrifice."

This may mean that Shireen won't survive Martin's next book, The Winds of Winter, though events will have to transpire differently from the show. As Shireen and Melisandre are all at Castle Black, it's possible Melisandre and Shireen's mother might agree to sacrifice Shireen without Stannis knowing. If so, this would make the book and show versions of Stannis two very different characters, something we continue to see more and more of as the HBO show continues to depart from the book series. After watching "The Dance with Dragons," it seems much easier to root for book Stannis.

I seriously think you need to pause a moment and consider my posts a bit longer. I never said tv viewers don't matter. Heck, possibly the greatest fan I met (my dad) started with the show and he was able to accurately tell what will happen in the show and what has happened in the books. I merely think we the book reading fans should not be disregarded this much by the tv creators and the author. I understand things must be changed so the story fits in a 12 (10?) episode season of an hour each but there are some things that just shouldn't be changed, and that includes characters.

And again, I know already what George said about it.*

No, you just don't get it. Still not sure why you are new to this idea of shows going away from books. Either way the author was on board with this. Your replies back to me just further prove that point I made. At this point it is pointless to continue this debate. If I made you mad or upset then I'm sorry. I have read several books where the show/movie adaptation changed it. Still never got me upset. I like to finish everything I watch and read. I'm just a different person and don't put words in mouth that are not true. That is just annoying and childish.

I just don't know how else to say it at this point....look, please read my posts. I know adaptions need to change. I have said it in every post I have made almost. Why do you keep on insisting otherwise? You say I'm putting words in your mouth yet you are the only one to continuously ignore what I am saying and shoving words down my throat. Are you trolling me? Is this a troll? I can't be sure of it anymore. I guess it comes with my inability to grasp sarcasm (especially from strangers). :unsure:

Mad? Upset? What makes you think this? Because I have a tone most would disagree with? If I was mad I'd tell you. I do not have a filter, so I apologize if I am coming off abrasive. That is just how I am and I cannot help it. So anyways, the only thing I'm mad about is the alteration of Stannis Baratheon's character and the horrible retconing George is doing.

The actress left the show and revealed Lady Stoneheart will not happen. Unless they get a new actress. This is what I'm talking about. The show relies on human beings and there schedules. The book does not. Well maybe the author living but that is about it. The sky is the limit with the books. Also a quote from the actress “The character’s dead,” Michelle told EW. “She’s dead.” The outlet revealed that Michelle was told it would likely never happen, and when asked about a preference — Lady Stoneheart or no Lady Stoneheart — Michelle said, “I knew the arc, and that was it. They can’t stick to the books 100 percent. It’s impossible— they only have 10 hours per season.“ They have got to keep it dramatic and exciting, and extraneous stuff along the way gets lost in order to maintain the quality of brilliant show.”

-_-

edit

alright, i've applied a filter the best I can. I'm seriously not mad at you dude, or even upset (well...for what has happened to my boo but that's all). I don't mean to cause any problems or show disrespect, so please understand my position in the matter and apology for my lack of tact.

And least we are both obvious die hard fans. :lol:

-snip-

Honestly if it were me. I would have told HBO no on the offer to make A song of fire and ice into a TV series. I would of wrote the last two books. Then waited for an offer. Let us just say it was HBO again. Then I would take their offer and have creative control over my works like George has it now. But it is not my book. I guess we can just agree to disagree. I think they could of did more episodes per season. I mean Arrow has one hour episodes a season and 23-24 episodes a season. Either that or just leave it alone. I get that the book is better and from what I have seen in almost every case that is true. Would I love for the show to stay true to the book. Yes but at the same time I don't care if they change it. I use to be like you. Maybe my years of reading and watching the adaptations has turned me into that old disgruntled man lol. I would also make the actors/actresses sign an agreement that they would be in the show and not leave it unless some crazy medical emergency. I like talking to you. Opinions will always be opinions. I am at work as well so that is why I am all over the place. I write something and then have to work and then comeback and be like lol what did I write. Also this pc is from 2001 and ie 8 is super slow. I still love the show. I guess I saw Stannis doing this and it did not surprise me. I never liked his character or his story arc. The author is taking forever to write the last two books. Like you said he will probably change them and add this Stannis in. It was his idea to do this. I really hate Stannis. Guess I was just confused as to how you could be surprised that Stannis would do that. I'm not a troll. :( I care for this community a lot and calling me a possible troll really does hurt me. It makes me almost want to leave this community. I am never trying to be a troll. This community was there for me when I was lost. I am even doing a giveaway to show my support and thank you. Please don't confuse me with a troll.