Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 9

Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 9. Anyone else going to watch this? Only 2 more episodes left.

R + L = J

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Going to watch it. Not out yet on HBO nordic though..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Do you have to make a thread about it this early? :(

I am going to watch it on Tuesday at a friend....

Need to stay spoiler free until then...

I wanna watch it if only my ISP didn't decide to maintenace the International Fiber Optic Cable ... Maybe Wednesday morning or Tuesday night ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Going to watch it tonight, it's been a lame season but last weeks episode with all that white walker action made up for quite a bit.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Yep. 

Nice.

Going to watch it. Not out yet on HBO nordic though..

Only 36 minutes left for me

Sorry. I am pumped for this weeks episode. I will keep it spoiler free. The name of this weeks episode sounds like it will be a good episode.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Walt dies

I wanna watch it if only my ISP didn't decide to maintenace the International Fiber Optic Cable ... Maybe Wednesday morning or Tuesday night ... 

That sucks

Going to watch it tonight, it's been a lame season but last weeks episode with all that white walker action made up for quite a bit.

I like this season so far. Cersei Lannister is in jail. Best thing to happen to the series.

Walt dies

Who is Walt?

It's up!

Watched it. Things happened.. Mixed feelings

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

That's it! No more Game of Thrones! They have altered too much to the point where it isn't the same story, the same characters....anything! Stannis WOULD NEVER DO THAT! What the hell?!

I'm done. Done, done, done, done, done, done and done!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

That's it! No more Game of Thrones! They have altered too much to the point where it isn't the same story, the same characters....anything! Stannis WOULD NEVER DO THAT! What the hell?!

I'm done. Done, done, done, done, done, done and done!

Oh no ... Did Princess Shireen died ? Well then fuck Melissandre I guess ... 

They've caught up with the book ... Now brace yourselves for uncharted teritory ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Oh no ... Did Princess Shireen died ? Well then fuck Melissandre I guess ... 

They've caught up with the book ... Now brace yourselves for uncharted teritory ... 

Well no one should be reading this thread if they haven't seen it so....

Yes. Stannis had her burned alive while she screamed and screamed for him and her mother.

Stannis never did that in the books and he never would. He loves his daughter and the fact that the show has even changed this much makes it completely different than the far better books. I disapprove and I hate the tv creators for doing this. They have wrecked Stannis' character and if they don't make Davos kill Stannis when he returns, the show is complete trash.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well no one should be reading this thread if they haven't seen it so....

Yes. Stannis had her burned alive while she screamed and screamed for him and her mother.

Stannis never did that in the books and he never would. He loves his daughter and the fact that the show has even changed this much makes it completely different than the far better books. I disapprove and I hate the tv creators for doing this. They have wrecked Stannis' character and if they don't make Davos kill Stannis when he returns, the show is complete trash.

Eh ... I've always been spoiled , it's a thing when I'm searching for GoT related stuff ... 

Oh god ... 

What's funny is that every GoT reviews for season 5 are wrong cause they thought that they wouldn't kill Shireen ... I would love to read the books ... But in my country they split the books into book a and b (Like Linus  :P

Eh ... I've always been spoiled , it's a thing when I'm searching for GoT related stuff ... 

Oh god ... 

What's funny is that every GoT reviews for season 5 are wrong cause they thought that they wouldn't kill Shireen ... I would love to read the books ... But in my country they split the books into book a and b (Like Linus  :P

It shouldn't have happened as it didn't happen. They never expected the creators to change this much. This isn't some small detail about Stannis, about the story. It isn't about leaving out Penny, Coldhands or changing Jeyne (meant to be a fake Arya) to Sansa. This is about a major shift in character for an important player in the show. I don't see how they thought this was a good change or a necessary one.

Hmm? Isn't there anywhere in your country that at least sells other versions? This version comes in a box set.

Speaking of a TV show.... Spoiler.

Nothing, just a spoiler.

I'm willing to bet my allegiance to the New World Order most fans of GoT wouldn't click to show a spoiler. This Is a secret and safe place that they will never go. #IlluminatiForever

Plans for NWO

-redacted-

I don't do signatures.

It shouldn't have happened as it didn't happen. They never expected the creators to change this much. This isn't some small detail about Stannis, about the story. It isn't about leaving out Penny, Coldhands or changing Jeyne (meant to be a fake Arya) to Sansa. This is about a major shift in character for an important player in the show. I don't see how they thought this was a good change or a necessary one.

Hmm? Isn't there anywhere in your country that at least sells other versions? This version comes in a box set.

Could be ... I never asked the book stored because I'm a slow reader and treading through thousands upon thousands of pages would take months , even years for me ... 

Speaking of a TV show.... Spoiler.

Nothing, just a spoiler.

I'm willing to bet my allegiance to the New World Order most fans of GoT wouldn't click to show a spoiler. This Is a secret and safe place that they will never go. #IlluminatiForever

Plans for NWO

-redacted-

Aw ... I was going to spoiled myself again ... 

I never read the books so I'm still as in love with it as ever. I'm generally the first to call out a show when it's going downhill but GoT is still pushing all my buttons, so I'm happily tuning in for more each week. I'm sure for those who have actually read the books, the changes they're making are much less forgiveable though.

Also did anybody else cry like a baby during the final scene with Drogon?

...No? Just me? Okay. 

“Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?”

I never read the books so I'm still as in love with it as ever. I'm generally the first to call out a show when it's going downhill but GoT is still pushing all my buttons, so I'm happily tuning in for more each week. I'm sure for those who have actually read the books, the changes they're making are much less forgiveable though.

...No? Just me? Okay. 

glad its not just me that was weeping uncontrollably at the end.

as for stannis I saw that heel turn a while back didn't think it would be that gruesome though I was expecting it but something like that surprised me.

I honestly don't care if they don't follow the book. Its a tv show and not the book. Also George R.R. Martin is on board so whatever happens it is ok with him. Also not all actors can be attached to the show at all times. That is one of the problems with long running shows. Now I can stop hearing about the book people are better because they know what is going to happen. Lastly Stannis is a bitch.

Game of Thrones roughly follows the three storylines of A Song of Ice and Fire. Set in the fictional Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, the series chronicles the violent dynastic struggles among the realm's noble families for control of the Iron Throne. As the series opens, additional threats emerge in the icy North and in the eastern continent of Essos. The first season is a faithful adaptation of the book. Later seasons, however, began to diverge with significant changes. According to David Benioff, the show is "about adapting the series as a whole and following the map George laid out for us and hitting the major milestones, but not necessarily each of the stops along the way."

In an April 2015 interview with Entertainment Weekly, Martin said he would like to have Winds published before the sixth season of the HBO series Game of Thrones (which would cover material from the book) airs in 2016. (In 2012, Martin has acknowledged his concerns about the final novel, A Dream of Spring, not being completed by the time the HBO series Game of Thrones finally catches up in its story line to the novels.)

It was bound to happen at the pace the author is taking to write the last two books.

Could be ... I never asked the book stored because I'm a slow reader and treading through thousands upon thousands of pages would take months , even years for me ... 

I agree.

...No? Just me? Okay. 

It's a great show and this last episode proved it. Also the viewership is going up compared to the last couple seasons. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_episodes. I cried tears of joy at the end of the episode. That was awesome.

I honestly don't care if they don't follow the book. Its a tv show and not the book. Also George R.R. Martin is on board so whatever happens it is ok with him. Also not all actors can be attached to the show at all times. That is one of the problems with long running shows. Now I can stop hearing about the book people are better because they know what is going to happen. Lastly Stannis is a bitch.

Game of Thrones roughly follows the three storylines of A Song of Ice and Fire. Set in the fictional Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, the series chronicles the violent dynastic struggles among the realm's noble families for control of the Iron Throne. As the series opens, additional threats emerge in the icy North and in the eastern continent of Essos. The first season is a faithful adaptation of the book. Later seasons, however, began to diverge with significant changes. According to David Benioff, the show is "about adapting the series as a whole and following the map George laid out for us and hitting the major milestones, but not necessarily each of the stops along the way."

In an April 2015 interview with Entertainment Weekly, Martin said he would like to have Winds published before the sixth season of the HBO series Game of Thrones (which would cover material from the book) airs in 2016. (In 2012, Martin has acknowledged his concerns about the final novel, A Dream of Spring, not being completed by the time the HBO series Game of Thrones finally catches up in its story line to the novels.)

It was bound to happen at the pace the author is taking to write the last two books.

Well I do. Don't call it a "Game of Thrones" as if it is the same book. I don't care if Martin is aboard at the moment, he has been aboard everything they changed, doesn't mean it is good or was/did happen in the books. As an author the man is great, as a person, not so much.

And who said the book people are better because they know what is going to happen (which is obviously not true anymore)? And I agree...in the show he is. They turned him into a truly merciless murderer (oh, forgot how they managed to turn him into a religious extremist too) who won't even spare his child in an attempt at the throne. It is pathetic.

I'm sorry, I'm confused...why are you explaining this to me? :unsure: I already know what the show is about and what the books are about, and I'm already aware of the interviews and their discussions about how things would need to change. I don't care about changing some detail as it had to happen, but I care about changing details that greatly effects a character/story/important event. It is like turning Jon into a warrior who can't even pick up a sword or changing Tyrion into a bumbling idiot.  Altering Stannis like this has shifted his character greatly when in the books he never would have stooped so low as to kill his daughter.

Maybe it doesn't piss off the new viewers but it does to the people who actually read the story and were fans long before the show started (to kill it).

Well I do. Don't call it a "Game of Thrones" as if it is the same book. I don't care if Martin is aboard at the moment, he has been aboard everything they changed, doesn't mean it is good or was/did happen in the books. As an author the man is great, as a person, not so much.

And who said the book people are better because they know what is going to happen (which is obviously not true anymore)? And I agree...in the show he is. They turned him into a truly merciless murderer (oh, forgot how they managed to turn him into a religious extremist too) who won't even spare his child in an attempt at the throne. It is pathetic.

I'm sorry, I'm confused...why are you explaining this to me? :unsure: I already know what the show is about and what the books are about, and I'm already aware of the interviews and their discussions about how things would need to change. I don't care about changing some detail as it had to happen, but I care about changing details that greatly effects a character/story/important event. It is like turning Jon into a warrior who can't even pick up a sword or changing Tyrion into a bumbling idiot.  Altering Stannis like this has shifted his character greatly when in the books he never would have stooped so low as to kill his daughter.

Maybe it doesn't piss off the new viewers but it does to the people who actually read the story and were fans long before the show started (to kill it).

I'm telling you this because you sound like you are new to the concept of shows/movies changing the source material. Now adapting the book to the tv show can be done multiple ways. The way the tv series is doing it is great. I have been on several sites where book readers think they are better than the tv show audience. Also have several friends who would say I know what is going to happen and then spoil it for me. I am glad the show is taking a stance and a risk. If you want it to be the book then go watch something else. I love Game of Thrones.