more $ = more quality?

Rotterdams

Hi guys,

So I tried the Solo2 (cable version) from beats yesterday. They sound pretty good. I like the extra bass too. They were for around 160 euro's.

But then I saw these 30 euro headphones. With bluetooth. And they sound exactly the same...i did try the bluetooth headphone with cable though. But im not sure if its the same quality if i only opened in bluetooth.

So I am kinda lost here...

nope.

beats are notorious for being massively overpriced. the only thing you pay for when you buy beats is the "b" on the sides.

if you want quality headphones, you could look at something by sennheiser or audio technika

inb4 Beats hate

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Beats are TRASH. They are fashion accessories, that is it. Try equivalently priced Sennheinsers or Audio Technicas, then you will see the difference.

Idk on reviews most people say solo2's are pretty good. Not the best of its price range but still good and recommendable. Just crazy.

Sennheider and Audio Technicas dont have good bass I heard/read though.

This should be good.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Nope...

Have a ~40USD Superlux HD330 and I swear by this pair that they can compete with Bose's offerings...

beats are, like apple, a fashion accessory, over being a performing device.

if you have $2000 for a facebook machine and want it to look very slim, have that little apple on the back, etc. go for it.

that being said, a few months back i got a laptop for €450 that'll run circles around even the top tier macbook pro.

it looks like a brick, but i dont mind.

-- in the end, it's all about preference, some prefer price per performance, others prefer to pay more for a product that (to them) looks pleasing. --

The funny thing is that the 30 euro bluetooth headphone looks as nice as the beats by dre does.

Urbane Felix its called.

Sennheiser urbante's sounds very bad in my opinion. I tested them both.

Sounds very low. No offence.

More $ ≠ more quality.

It usually does in the lower Price range. When you get to a certain point, it's all about personal preference. So to you, a 150$ headphone might sound better than a 300$ headphone.

I'm sure most of the audio people would agree with Me on this.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Beats are TRASH. They are fashion accessories, that is it. Try equivalently priced Sennheinsers or Audio Technicas, then you will see the difference.

You're correct and a headphone reviewers who use $2-8K headphone setup daily is wrong

The Gen two beats are decent. Not great, and not the best in their price, but if you want a recognizable name, and at least decent sound, the beats are pretty good. Running wired on bluetooth headphones with never sound as good as a dedicated wired set. A good wired set will always sound getter than a good bluetooth set. (at least 99% of the time in the same price bracket.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

For the most part more money does equal higher quality (with exceptions that I will mention after). Spending $100 on headphones would get you better quality headphones than spending $40 (for those that don't fall into the exception below). This remains true to an infinite degree with all things (apart from the exceptions), but all products suffer from the law of diminishing return. This means that paying more will always get you a better product, but as you start to look at very high quality products you need to put up a lot more money for a small improvement, up until the point that the market simply ceases to exist for that product. Audio equipment follows this rule to an extreme degree, $100 headphones will sound much better to most people than $40 headphones, whereas most people won't be able to appreciate the difference between $1000 headphones and $2000 dollar headphones.

Now to that exception I mentioned, Brand names. Just like Dolce and Gabbana or Rolex you pay more for the brand than the quality (not to say you aren't paying for quality too). Beats falls into this category, being massively supported by famous celebrities and talked up with marketing. They are decent headphones, just not at the price you would have to pay for them.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Sennheider and Audio Technicas dont have good bass I heard/read though.

Bass isn't everything.

Sennheiser urbante's sounds very bad in my opinion. I tested them both.

Sounds very low. No offence.

Urbanites got 'meh' reviews in the audiophile world.

What do you mean by "low"?

Bass isn't everything.

yes it is :-P lol

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

yes it is :-P lol

Bass quality, yes. Bass quantity? Aslong as it doesn't vibrate my head and kill of my remaining brain cells or sound like I'm listening to an acapella on a song that isn't an acapella, then yeah. To a degree, Bass is everything.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

So what kind of headphones do you guys suggest?

Hi guys,

So I tried the Solo2 (cable version) from beats yesterday. They sound pretty good. I like the extra bass too. They were for around 160 euro's.

But then I saw these 30 euro headphones. With bluetooth. And they sound exactly the same...i did try the bluetooth headphone with cable though. But im not sure if its the same quality if i only opened in bluetooth.

So I am kinda lost here...

Did you try them side by side?

Otherwise, your memory isn't going to be good enough to really tell.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Did you try them side by side?

Otherwise, your memory isn't going to be good enough to really tell.

Obviously false, otherwise headphone break-in wouldn't be a proven, completely true fact.

So what kind of headphones do you guys suggest?

It's hard to tell actually, because it's about personal preferences.

For starter, without implying anything, everybody's ears are different from one another. There are people who can hear a slight frequency response difference between headphones, and there are also people who can't hear the difference between a $20 and a $500 headphone. Personally, I think the latter is more blessed, because they can just get a $20-30 headphone and won't ever be bothered with anything else. 

Back to your question, the best and right answer would be 'whichever headphone you like best'. If you got the chance, the best thing is to audition various headphones, both to find the one that you like, and also to expand your horizon about various headphones in the market. 

Headphone break in is proven with measurement.

can you cite a source? I can cite an article that inner fidelity did, showing that break in is not a thing. I *might* believe you if you said that it had to be a headphone with a hard cone, and rubber surround. That I might believe. But not with a mylar, etc. Driver, no way.

Hey! New SIgnature!