more $ = more quality?

Rotterdams

Headphone break in is proven with measurement.

Bring it. I'd be interested to see that, because I haven't so far.

I made a handy dandy chart over why headphones sounds different at the same price points: q3seaQK.png

R&D= Research and development

Looks terrible in night theme, lol

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

Bring it. I'd be interested to see that, because I haven't so far.

Main thing is the decrease of compliance (cms) because the surround and spider loosen up. Results in lower resonance freq (fs) and thus slightly deeper bass. Its audibility is debatable. Can't be bothered to look up an article since im on mobile

The new solo 2 are pretty good you can find better for the price but considering most of their customers won't do any research about headphones and will blindly buy them they won't get a piece of shit product they will actually get a pretty good one.

I just hope that all the people who hate beats so much actually tried them.

The new solo 2 are pretty good you can find better for the price but considering most of their customers won't do any research about headphones and will blindly buy them they won't get a piece of shit product they will actually get a pretty good one.

I just hope that all the people who hate beats so much actually tried them.

I used to hate beats because they just plain suck. I hate beats now for still being more expensive despite that the audio quality is head over heels better than before. Still not paying for a pair of beats unless they actually compete against Audio Technica in terms of pricing.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

And that is fine and I won't buy a pair myself as well but I hate seeing people hating on a brand just cause everyone does and by doing so drive people away from that brand even when it's improving.

Beats still isn't for me but some of its offerings at far from being bad.

And that is fine and I won't buy a pair myself as well but I hate seeing people hating on a brand just cause everyone does and by doing so drive people away from that brand even when it's improving.

Beats still isn't for me but some of its offerings at far from being bad.

I just wish Apple/Dre/Whoever really is incharge of the Beats line would just start pricing their headphones much more competitively. Nothing wrong with something mainstream provided it actually does give something thats worth the value. Beats, in terms of audio quality, hit that, and I'm reluctantly excited for what they'll bring in the future. Still, the prices aren't competitive at all for what it gives because, as much as I don't want to bring up the M50/M50X, in terms of audio quality, it can only be compared to that. The price is still rather discouraging, and maybe just a bit of a permanent pricedown, I could confidently recommend them.

I somewhat like the looks of the Beats, but they aren't something like an HD800 that looks wonderful and still sound great. Beats look great, in my eye atleast, but the sound for its price... I can't justify.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

I just wish Apple/Dre/Whoever really is incharge of the Beats line would just start pricing their headphones much more competitively. Nothing wrong with something mainstream provided it actually does give something thats worth the value. Beats, in terms of audio quality, hit that, and I'm reluctantly excited for what they'll bring in the future. Still, the prices aren't competitive at all for what it gives because, as much as I don't want to bring up the M50/M50X, in terms of audio quality, it can only be compared to that. The price is still rather discouraging, and maybe just a bit of a permanent pricedown, I could confidently recommend them.

I somewhat like the looks of the Beats, but they aren't something like an HD800 that looks wonderful and still sound great. Beats look great, in my eye atleast, but the sound for its price... I can't justify.

Beats solo 2 is a good bassy, dark chocolate headphobe, people who look for a more neutral sound sig will prefer sennheiser HD25 much more.

It's a simple business model, they spent a lot of money on ads, people come and buy their products, you can charge more and more until people almost cant afford them.

Beats solo 2 is a good bassy, dark chocolate headphobe, people who look for a more neutral sound sig will prefer sennheiser HD25 much more.

It's a simple business model, they spent a lot of money on ads, people come and buy their products, you can charge more and more until people almost cant afford them.

There are times that marketing does alot of crap that I'm not a fan of. But hey, you gotta have ads to promote. So, I can't really argue with what you said.

I'll just leave this here...

That guy knows nothing about audio. Sure beats are bad. He's not wrong about that. But pretty much everything else he says is false. 

That guy knows nothing about audio. Sure beats are bad. He's not wrong about that. But pretty much everything else he says is false. 

Marques Brownlee? I'm not too sure about that... but then again I know very little about audio so I can't say.

I don't do signatures.

Marques Brownlee? I'm not too sure about that... but then again I know very little about audio so I can't say.

Most tech youtubers dont really know a lot about audio, I generally go to innerfidelity and lachlanlikesathing for reviewss.

Main thing is the decrease of compliance (cms) because the surround and spider loosen up. Results in lower resonance freq (fs) and thus slightly deeper bass. Its audibility is debatable. Can't be bothered to look up an article since im on mobile

Yeah, I'm quite aware of the theory. My remark above was directed at the people who claim to hear huge differences in sound that are clearly beyond the bounds of reality. Either way, I have yet to see any measurements demonstrating significant physical change in a headphone after break-in. Both Tyll and nwavguy posted relevant measurements; neither substantiated the kind of claims that people make.

Most tech youtubers dont really know a lot about audio, I generally go to innerfidelity and lachlanlikesathing for reviewss.

Most people on the internet don't have a clue. You would not believe the number of reviews I've read that conclude that the HE-400i has a mid-bass "bump".

Most people on the internet don't have a clue. You would not believe the number of reviews I've read that conclude that the HE-400i has a mid-bass "bump".

Isnt human ear more sensitive towards midbass section?

Isnt human ear more sensitive towards midbass section?

I don't believe so, certainly not according to equal-loudness contours or the A-weighted curve. Plus, the HRTF-corrected FR for the HE400i on innerfidelity shows a basically flat line through the bass.

I meant that break-in exist. That the 1% change is audible is very debatable.

Depends on what you call midbass. The human ear is most sensitive in the 2-5Khz region.

Beats is BAD. And MASSIVELY overpriced. Get Shure or ATH.

Beats is BAD. And MASSIVELY overpriced. Get Shure or ATH.

that was true. Less so now.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Depends on what you call midbass. The human ear is most sensitive in the 2-5Khz region.

Wasn't aware there were multiple definitions. 2-5khz is definitely not bass. No need to debate it of course, either someone can hear it, or not.

Well, I didn't know that. Heck, I've never even heard of those channels. Shows how much I have to learn. Going to subscribe to both of the channels. Thanks!

I don't do signatures.

Well, I didn't know that. Heck, I've never even heard of those channels. Shows how much I have to learn. Going to subscribe to both of the channels. Thanks!

along those lines, I think headroom also has a pretty decent youtube channel.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

along those lines, I think headroom also has a pretty decent youtube channel.

Seems to be geared towards headphone reviews... going to subscribe to them too.

I don't do signatures.

Seems to be geared towards headphone reviews... going to subscribe to them too.

Sorry, this thread is about headphones, so I thought I'd send over a headphone channel :P

Hey! New SIgnature!