ASUS Radeon R9 390X DirectCU II OC details leak (don't get hyped, not a huge leak)

Bouzoo

Another day, another leak (not rumour finally). We don't see a lot of specs but hey. better than anything. TBH I'm not even remotely blown with this leak since it shows us almost nothing except that it's gonna be OC and have 8 GB. But hey, better than anything amirite?

The details leaked tease that the ASUS Radeon R9 390X DirectCU II OC will feature 8GB of GDDR5, 1070MHz Core, 6GHz on the 8GB of VRAM spread on a 512-bit memory bus. Connectivity wise, we'll have one DisplayPort, one HDMI, and two DVI-D. The ASUS Radeon R9 390X DirectCU II OC will sport 2816 stream processors, 176 texture mapping units (TMU) and 64 ROPs.

45756_04_asus-radeon-r9-390x-directcu-ii

For everyone confusing this with the Fury X. The "Radeon R9 Fury X" is gonna be the new HBM card based on Fiji XT, this might be the rebranded 290X (unless it gets the full Hawaii chip).

Source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I thought the new AMD flagship will be called the AMD Fury x

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

I thought the new AMD flagship will be called the AMD Fury x

And it will.

The 390X isn't the flagship.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

I don't like DCU II anyway...

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I don't like DCU II anyway...

Why is it that the 980ti get DCU 3 yet the new AMD gpu only gets DCU 2.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

so is this a re branded 290x?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Why is it that the 980ti get DCU 3 yet the new AMD gpu only gets DCU 2.

Why don't I like DCU II? Cuz it's loud, cools like shit and looks just as shit.

DCU III...eh

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Wait. No HBM1?

Please quote if you want a person to reply, they won't get a notification otherwise.

PC Specs

(CPU: Intel 4790k) (GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 WF3OC) (Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER) (RAM: Red Corsair Vengeance Pro 2*8GB 1600MHz) (HDD: WD Green 2TB) (SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB) (CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X) (PSU: Corsair RM750) (Case & Fans: Corsair Obsidian 450D) (Monitor: Asus VX239H)

Wait. No HBM1?

Nope, that's the new Fury card.

no link to the Asus website, this might very well be fake. the 16th Cannot get here fast enough

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Looking like a straight copy of the R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5 except with +30 MHz and +4GB.

unless this is much cheaper than the 980 i cant see how AMD will shif them

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

So, do any of you still think that $500 sounds like a fair price? 

Not even Strix. Geeze.

Looking like a straight copy of the R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5 except with +30 MHz and +4GB.

Not really, remember the already current R9 290X 8GB cards?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Not really, remember the already current R9 290X 8GB cards?

How not really? It's the same card with the same I/O and even package contents. The only thing different is nomenclature and clock/memory.

R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5

switch_n_1225.jpg

no link to the Asus website, this might very well be fake. the 16th Cannot get here fast enough

If it were official then it wouldn't be a leak right?

How not really? It's the same card with the same I/O and even package contents. The only thing different is nomenclature and clock/memory.

R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5

switch_n_1225.jpg

As in the except part, there is no 'exception' when it comes to the vRAM as the 290X already has 8GB. The only difference is the nomenclature and core clock. Memory doesn't really come into play at all.

PMSL

As in the except part, there is no 'exception' when it comes to the vRAM as the 290X already has 8GB. The only difference is the nomenclature and core clock. Memory doesn't really come into play at all.

I think you're mistaken some R9 290X cards having 8GB while the R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5 only has 4GB. In comparison its +30% MHz and +4GB like I said.

LOL @ 8 Gb ram on the 390X when the 290X also had 8 Gb at the end so essentially this card was already released. Snooze....  AMD booooo.......

I mean +30 on core.... that's the 390X... why even bother.

I think you're mistaken some R9 290X cards having 8GB while the R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5 only has 4GB. In comparison its +30% MHz and +4GB like I said.

*facepalm* I was confusing myself.

PMSL

*Yawnz*

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

200_s.gif

I think that's all i gotta say. if it's true of course.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Not even GCN 1.2? lel

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |