MSI teams up with Corsair for GTX 980 Ti Watercooled "Edition"

BiG StroOnZ

20z217b.jpg

89d7563a632fae8058f83ebaee970afc_L.jpg

As Corsair has announced its newest Hydro Series HG10 GPU cooling brackets for Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X, GTX 980, GTX 980 Ti and GTX 970 graphics cards, it appears that these were perfect for what MSI wants to have on its Geforce GTX 980 Ti Watercooled graphics card. While there are still no precise details regarding precise specifications, MSI did note that this will be an overclocking focused graphics card and with hybrid air+liquid solution from Corsair, so we are quite sure we will see some rather high factory-overclock.

According to a report from Kitguru.net, the new Geforce GTX 980 Ti Watercooled will be coming sometime in August and MSI is sure that this will be the fastest "out of the box" GTX 980 Ti experience.

Source 1: http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphics/37907-msi-teams-up-with-corsair-for-gtx-980-ti-watercooled

Source 2: http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/msi-celebrates-shipment-of-100-millionth-nvidia-geforce-graphics-cards/

This is a good move by Corsair and MSI. It's nice to see companies in this industry teaming up to bring cutting edge components, rather than constantly competing. Hopefully this custom designed unit looks better than the HG10 units, as I'm not very enthralled about their designs for the HG10 as I personally think they look a bit dated. But they do indeed perform well, which is what counts. Hopefully by this being a joint operation between MSI and Corsair they will be able to deliver a product that performs well as well as being appealing to the eyes. I think together they can make this happen. Interested in seeing what the clock speeds are, wondering if they can bring them as high as EVGA's 980 Ti HYBRID, maybe even higher.

This post has been promoted to an article

That is pretty nice but I really hope they release a Lightning version

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Isn't that the cooler also seen in that bulldog case?

I quite like the look of it, but I've never actually heard of anyone using one of these systems on a card. MOst people going through the effort of deshrouding the card usually just throw a waterblock on it.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

can i have it plated in gold tho?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Mandatory

d596c9305f.png

Although personally I think that's p cool, that's not enough to buy one.

Don't really need one/not enough money to buy even if I did

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

nice. company partnering for a product !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Why are frankenstein GPU coolers being shoved down our throats left and right? Who asked for this?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Why are frankenstein GPU coolers being shoved down our throats left and right? Who asked for this?

because they're effective 

I'd personally go air before hybrid

Wish they put a nice shroud over it still to actually make it different than just buying a card and cooler yourself

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Pretty sure they're selling that as an after market cooler anyway for the GTX 970/980/Ti

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

It better be cheaper than the hybrid from EVGA, because that's ugly as balls

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

So to make an already expensive card more expensive this is done.  Will it cost over 9000?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

So to make an already expensive card more expensive this is done.  Will it cost over 9000?

It wouldn't be too expensive. The EVGA hybrid watercooled 980ti is only $100 more than a reference 980ti, so expect this to be around that price point. The extra cost is worth it in my opinion because GPUs react better to water cooling than CPUs which can give them more room for higher overclocks than an air cooler can.

@BiG StroOnZ while it's nice when companies team up together, competition is extremely vital for us consumers, it drives them to churn out better products or more options in a attempt to get our money.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Odd.this is basically a 980ti ref board with a HG10 and a H60? I dont get why you would do this when we know that custome boards are coming out relatively soon. Its not like why i got it for my 290x. I did that because i bought the reference board because the custom ones took a long time to come out and it ran way too hot. This isnt the case with the nvidia cards from what i can tell...

Also i have my obligitory Fuck MSI, never buying them again after having to deal with their CS and RMA process. I will never support MSI again unless i start hearing that they fixed their issues. Their products arent even good enough to justify it to me at all.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

This is hardly being shoved down our throats.

I don't think you understand what that means.

I actually like this idea. As some one mentioned gpus really respond well to water cooling I dare say even better than cpus. What I'm concerned with such implementations is the temps of other component of the gpu like the mosfets and vram.

evga's hybrid looks so much better and more elegant

this looks like no thought whatsoever was put into the look of the card

Two massive companies are needed to put corsair cooler and aio bracket?! Why can't they do something that look decent like that.

nvidia_geforce_gtx_titan_x_hybrid_sycom.

This is hardly being shoved down our throats.

I don't think you understand what that means.

Because if I don't see a need and I wouldn't buy it = being shoved down my throat.

Nothing better than watching people complain about products they won't buy and prices they couldn't afford in the first place.

Wow... An aio bracket... That's pretty ugly in the first place... Amazing.

- snip-

I really like the HG brackets (have one on my 290x) but they really should get some kind of shroud for it for selling the combination in retail. It would make it look better and would offer a nice little bonus that people who just buy a card and the bracket can't get.