SENTRY: Console-sized gaming PC case project

woowowowow Would love to have something as portable as this :P

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.0GHz // Motherboard: MSI Gaming 3 Motherboard // RAM: 8GB Kingstone 1833MHz  // GPU: Saphire R9 390 Nitro // HDD: 500GB Toshiba // SSD: 120GB Sandisk // PSU: 550w 

Games: F1 2016, GTA 5, TrackMania Stadium, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, COD Black ops 1. 

Huge fan of Formula 1. 

Twitter: RAFAndrew

Just found my way to this thread via Vessel. A lot of the other smal (sub-10L) cases have too many compromises in functionality or styling, but this looks like a good balance and I'm very interested :) 

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 hour ago, Sheepy7 said:

So when can I order the case?

You can subscribe to their newsletter which will update you when the case is available. http://zaber.com.pl/sentry/#subscribe

As SaperPL has politely pointed out, the case wasn't going to be available the second that the video became available to watch. At a bare minimum I'd imagine that they're going to wait for the video to be released on YouTube in a week before doing anything major; since a large amount of their audience only watches the YouTube videos. As stated before, this is new territory for them, and they're taking their time so they don't fall flat on their faces (which I,  and probably many others, appreciate). 

1 hour ago, Sheepy7 said:

-snip-

I'll respond to the last part of that comment since it has some merit. I fully realize that I'm not one of the case creators and am just someone who has been following the development of this case since September 2014. However, this forum is just one of many which are talking about this case. I believe that the creators have enough on their plates with full time jobs and working through the process of bringing a case to market; so, every time I answer a question for them that doesn't require any technical insight into the project, it gives them more time to work on the project instead of stopping to answer questions. If either of them had a problem with this, I'm sure they would have asked me to stop by now. Either way; if you'd prefer for me to stop responding to you, I can do that. I'm just trying to help out.

1 hour ago, Beeeyeee said:

Says the kid who's literally ONLY posted on this thread and the AMD Polaris giveaway...

Just let the comment die out. Responding to them is just going to cause fighting and potentially get the thread in trouble for going off topic.

Hopefully i would be able to get 1 in my country when it is released

Wait... Linus. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this case isn't crowdfunded; they made it a specific point of pride to avoid that and have fronted all the development cost out of pocket. So why the big warning while pointing at this case?

2 hours ago, Abiostudent3 said:

Wait... Linus. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this case isn't crowdfunded; they made it a specific point of pride to avoid that and have fronted all the development cost out of pocket. So why the big warning while pointing at this case?

Yeah, that's right but still the case will be a pre-ordered unit, and while we're going to gather up sales the way that everyone gets the case if he places his purchase, it's still a product that's not off-shelf mass produced unit yet, so it's quite reasonable to note that.

We also might lean towards using crowdfunding site as both payment system and additional promotion since there's quite a lot of reasons in payment processor policies for us not to go with our own storefront for payment processor and we're investigating that now.

If we were to go with crowdfunding we'd make sure either to set up really small goal for kickstarter (50 or 100 units which should be just fine) or just go with flexible funding on indiegogo to ensure you'll get what you pay for AND we do not intend to play with stuff like additional perks such as cups and t-shirts and such.

Do you think we will get a 'week before' warning, or will it just be a 'it's released first come, first serve' announcement?

Do you think we will get a 'week before' warning, or will it just be a 'it's released first come, first serve' announcement?

hmm any thoughts on the potential of a case with an external PSU(s), ITX mobo, and halfsize GPUs (r9 Nano, 1070mini, 970mini, etc)

also, Followed,, see if this needs crowd funding

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

12 minutes ago, Heesleemer said:

hmm any thoughts on the potential of a case with an external PSU(s), ITX mobo, and halfsize GPUs (r9 Nano, 1070mini, 970mini, etc)

There's a case called NFC S4 Mini - go check it out, however don't believe in everything what the maker says about the performance - research this type of power supplies yourself because they ain't the same type of building blocks as ATX standard components and "your mileage may vary".

2 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

There's a case called NFC S4 Mini - go check it out, however don't believe in everything what the maker says about the performance - research this type of power supplies yourself because they ain't the same type of building blocks as ATX standard components and "your mileage may vary".

Hmmm, I'll be waiting for your case then 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

I'm salivating here. Now the only question is do I get one or two? Both black? One black one white? Hmm on second thought maybe I need three sentries... I literally cannot wait. But seriously, I'll be buying two at minimum. 

I told myself, no more building pc's. Now you've gone and started me going again. Tis a slippery slope. xD

I've been following for months now and I just wanna get it as soon as it come out. The newsletter system is really laggy and Imma follow this thread from now on

5 hours ago, nilaoba said:

I've been following for months now and I just wanna get it as soon as it come out. The newsletter system is really laggy and Imma follow this thread from now on

Yeah, it's not perfect but it was quite hard to choose from since we want to send one big burst of emails possible to few thousands of subscribers, and the way those services are working usually you have to pay for the database size combined with the amount of data you use monthly. 

Note the fact that by our law we cannot use service outside our country for this without them signing a custom contract to protect privacy which no such company will do for such small client like us...

Also if you haven't gotten the subscription message yet and you're using microsoft based account you might want to check if it didn't go to spam, however our provider was added to the microsoft whitelists recently so it shouldn't be a problem anymore and we see that there are people from those domains who got registered.

On 9/1/2016 at 0:49 AM, SaperPL said:

Yeah, it's not perfect but it was quite hard to choose from since we want to send one big burst of emails possible to few thousands of subscribers, and the way those services are working usually you have to pay for the database size combined with the amount of data you use monthly. 

Note the fact that by our law we cannot use service outside our country for this without them signing a custom contract to protect privacy which no such company will do for such small client like us...

Also if you haven't gotten the subscription message yet and you're using microsoft based account you might want to check if it didn't go to spam, however our provider was added to the microsoft whitelists recently so it shouldn't be a problem anymore and we see that there are people from those domains who got registered.

Have you two pushed out an update via the newsletter recently? I had a little trouble at first but I white listed your message provider. I just want to make sure I haven't missed any additional updates. 

Nah, we don't want to spam people with news unless it's something really relevant - like the info about the availability when we're ready.

We might test the system though when the review is on youtube for those who registered and might not follow forums, and to test out the mailing system.

I think this will be very much volume dependent. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a survey, a Google survey for example, sent out via the newsletter to find out how many people will "absolutely buy sentry", "maybe buy sentry", or are "just curious". Otherwise I fear they may over or under estimate what their price needs to be. It's a delicate balancing act between being properly compensated for hard work and time but while keeping it affordable. SaperPL and Zombi are the only two that know for certain what the price will be I would say a safe estimate is >$100, and <$200But of course, this is up to SaperPL and Zombi and they can correct me if I'm way off.

3 hours ago, ej24 said:

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a survey,

Yeah! I don't want it to be out of stock!!:(

Ok so anyone can watch the review on vessel already, can we get some info on preordering now?