SENTRY: Console-sized gaming PC case project

This and the A4-SFX... I dunno(well, I know, but can't explain it why I want it) why I keep wanting one of these...  

Yeah, A4-SFX is also beautiful case, I hope that dan will figure out a way for Lian Li to mainstream that case as a $99 product in the future.

On 9/11/2016 at 3:40 PM, MRP0P1NFR3SH said:

Have you guys also looked at doing a model that supports the Corsair H5 SF? 

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h5-sf-low-profile-liquid-cpu-cooler

I was so stoked when I first saw that thing, but then I was sorely disappointed when I saw reviews that showed how loud it gets and not even for all that much more performance. :/

Just now, klefth said:

I was so stoked when I first saw that thing, but then I was sorely disappointed when I saw reviews that showed how loud that thing gets and not even for all that much more performance. :/

AH nvm

Where are you going to ship the case from? I live in Hong Kong and shipping halfway across the earth is gonna cost a lot.

18 hours ago, Maqywhaq said:

This and the A4-SFX... I dunno(well, I know, but can't explain it why I want it) why I keep wanting one of these...  

The A4 SFX does looks better to me when compared to this. 

14 hours ago, Chazra said:

Where are you going to ship the case from? I live in Hong Kong and shipping halfway across the earth is gonna cost a lot.

They are from Poland so most probably ship from Poland 

On 9/11/2016 at 6:39 PM, Chazra said:

You could always see if there is any local interest and maybe combine an order in hopes it can cut down shipping costs a little?

12 hours ago, Mi26 said:

The A4 SFX does looks better to me when compared to this. 

It's more of a classic looking shape, whereas this is more aggressive/in your face. I like both for different aesthetic reasons, and both would work well as a portable system for someone who needs more powerful system than a regular laptop setup, but still portable enough that they could pack it for travel~

i am looking for an barebone syber steam machine  in the us, i seen em on uk websites, but is their one with an i5 cpu (intel) and like other stuff, not like an whole build, but is their an syber barebone in the us

MF UH BEANS

11 hours ago, Jay917536 said:

On Cyberpoweres website, Amazon or Ebay.

link? been looking everyone, cant find it.

MF UH BEANS

11 hours ago, Jay917536 said:

ive seen that, but i want an barebone,. that comes with all of it, i just want the case and size of it. with an i5 which i seen on other sites but UK only

this comes with all parts, and is overpriced.

MF UH BEANS

50 minutes ago, aries757 said:

ive seen that, but i want an barebone,. that comes with all of it, i just want the case and size of it. with an i5 which i seen on other sites but UK only

this comes with all parts, and is overpriced.

I see what you mean. The best option is someone selling it on ebay for cheap because it damaged or something and you can fix it up or finding a case similar in size to it and build a PC in that.

there a cases form lian pc and silverstone that are Very small.

36 minutes ago, Shivan said:

there a cases form lian pc and silverstone that are Very small.

Believe me, I wouldn't spent two years designing and prototyping it if there were already cases with exact features like this in this size.

All other cases that are targeting gaming components as full size gpu and powerful enough internal psu are either at least ~50% bigger than Sentry. All other smaller cases use either custom power supply, external power supply or support only single slot/low profile gpu's.

If you look for a case with ATX/SFX/TFX power supply, full size gpu (supporting at least 267mm for reference sized gpu's) the smallest thing you'll find is node 202 which is 10.2L and compared to sentry's 7L it's a bit bigger, ~45% bigger in volume, but that bit makes a difference in real life feel, it closes the visual difference between other media appliances sitting in front of tv like blu-ray and sat receiver and enables fitting is some ~14" wide media rack slots.

Finally, we've wanted to go with quite a different aesthetic than for example Syber, which is cool if you're 16 year old gamer with something like this in your room, but not anymore if you want to keep it in the living room with all other not so flashy appliances. How well did we do in this aspect, it's up to everyone to decide though.

I too am curious. I assume the screw situation will be sorted out imminently. Other than that, last we heard was they were waiting on the steel bending contractor to confirm their ability to handle a large order? Correct? Or is it that a new bender/manufacturer must be sourced? I believe I remember earlier in the prototyping phase they had some issues with getting consistent bends but I thought that had been sorted out by now. Hopefully they can ramp up production quickly, as the design is otherwise finalized, right? 

Yeah, it's not about the problems with bending but with safeguarding the production and ensuring that subcontractor takes quality serious. It's just business stuff.

If we don't do this properly then there's a risk they might make an error in production, like whole batch will get something wrong, we'll force them to fix that and they'll do it, but then they won't take any more orders from us because of the risk etc.

We have to be prepared for huge order and prevent possible human errors in manufacturing, which would lead to loss either for us or them.

We can't just give them drawings and say go over every dimensions and keep that precision anymore, because when they'll have to make a batch of 100 or 200 units then if we don't give them limited but crucial quality checklist they'll just make assumptions on what should they check to cut corners and save time, which in the end will lead to disaster.

Hope that explains why this is crucial for us. And having numbers on your interest in our product is crucial for us to make them treat us seriously because we may bring them big business.

We've got some data now so, we should start talking with them this week, I think.

Many people, who are writing to us, are asking if SENTRY can be a good solution for frequent travelling. I just came back from my business delegation connected with my daily work with wind turbines, and while staying at hotel, i made some photos of my current RIG which i'm using during such trips. Here they are:

nAdYaIS.jpg

Ny44Rkx.jpg

I'm using our $10, 17-18'' laptop bag which we showed in our gallery. SENTRY is so small, that i'm able to pack it with 19'' ACER LCD with it's stand (disassembled ofc, but still all parts packed in the bag), a small-size keyboard, mouse and all needed cables. My headphones unfortunately didn't fit (there always has to be some limit :) )

Maybe next time i will try to pack everything in a backpack. We'll see.

Sounds great for LAN parties, although I've only ever been to one and I was using a prebuilt office computer that was sort of low profile, but I couldn't use a full height graphics card and as a result I could only play Esports titles. It was a HP6005 compaq pro I think the model was called.

I was looking at this case and im actually considering building in it , now my question, how much is it ? I cant find its price anywhere.