$649 USD GTX 980 ti teardown + bench+ ingame fps + temp + power

ahhming

hoping aftermarket coolers come out on release or soon after :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Did you even read? People that don't need more than 6 GB.

Just like the old "8GB of RAM is enough" (system RAM) wall, Dying Light and GTA V being capable of breaking it shows that for just about everyone the day will come where they need 16 or 32GB. For many people that day already passed.

So, if one game exists that will use more than 6GB of VRAM (2 if you count Dying Light at 4K, though just 1 slider can take it down to less than 6) it also demonstrates that games are coming that will eat up more than 6GB. Granted, all recent examples have been from open world games, which are always more resource intensive than a hallway shooter for example.

Still, with just a gramme of foresight, if one of your favourite franchises is open world and in development now (say, Elder Scrolls or Fallout for example) and you want to be gaming on 4K within 3 years, you do need to acquire more than 6GB of VRAM before that time, unless of course you mind dialing down shadows and/or textures.

That said, two 980 Ti in SLI will beat a Titan X with ease at 4K in DirectX12 when frame buffers are pooled.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I wonder when they leave the DVI connector out one day

Did you even read? People that don't need more than 6 GB.

I did read and also why would you buy a Titan X not to get the most out of it.

"People who bought a bunch of Titan X's and don't use more than 6GB's must be kicking themselves right now. This is so amazing!"

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Its the ref cooler lol

And it looks unique.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I'm surprised by the 650$ price...

that mean Nvidia is worried about Fiji 

How does the Titan-Z perform so badly? Isn't it just two 780 Ti's slapped together?

$650 is such an attractive price if Nvidia really sells it that price and I might even upgrade to 980ti.

My 780 is still hanging in there strong, still getting 60% of the performance of the 980Ti. 

My 780 is still hanging in there strong, still getting 60% of the performance of the 980Ti. 

My 560 is still hanging in there as well.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

What if I told you, that nvidia is selling mainstream cores for the price of a high-end card and high-end cards for absurd amount of money???

What if I told you, that nvidia is selling mainstream cores for the price of a high-end card and high-end cards for absurd amount of money???

Everyone is selling silicon for high profit margins...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Another website confirming $649.99 price tag:

http://videocardz.com/55786/nvidia-launches-geforce-gtx-980-ti-for-649-usd

Along with more benchmarks:

And Direct X 12 support:

NVIDIA-GTX-980-TI-DX12-900x351.jpg

This makes my wallet so happy!  :D

That price is a lot more realistic and fair imho. Maybe NVidia knows something about Fiji we don't?

As for DX12, 980ti still isn't full compatible:

o4wOYxm.png

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

That price is a lot more realistic and fair imho. Maybe NVidia knows something about Fiji we don't?

As for DX12, 980ti still isn't full compatible:

o4wOYxm.png

Much more reasonable price, indeed. Reminds me of when the "leak" came out that the Titan X was going to retail for $1500 and everyone lost their minds. Then a few weeks later $999 price tag sprung up.

I'm assuming they either know one of two things. Scenario one is Fiji XT doesn't perform better than a Titan X. Therefore they are releasing the 980 Ti with 256 less CUDA cores and 16 less TMUs because as you can see that barely effected Benchmarking results and non-reference versions will most likely be even faster than a Titan X. So they figure with a $650 base price for reference version and maybe $50-80 increase in price for some non-reference versions they cannot really go wrong with the market. Which means even if Fiji matches a Titan X it means the 980 Ti will still sell well since it basically matches a Titan X also. Another possibility is they know Fiji wasn't able to get 8GB of HBM onboard initially, and they will have that advantage in the market place (from a pure marketing standpoint at least). Scenario two is pretty simple, they know Fiji XT performs better than a Titan X so they are trying to get the 980 Ti out the door as fast as they can to saturate the market place.

Well if I'm correct, Maxwell V2 would most likely be talking about GM200 (since GM204 was Maxwell V1) which would include the 980 Ti and Titan X. So according to that chart, 8/12 are an outright Yes, while there is only one outright No. Two "emulated" and one hw dependent (which also applies to AMD). So not too bad. All I really care about for DX12 is for it to breathe new life into my 2600k by removing overhead even if that's only 10-20% increase in performance. If DX12 does that, then I'll be happy.  :)

Yeah, might need to get two. I've been running this GTX 580 for too long as a stop gap since my TX arrived dead 3 weeks ago.

I've been using the GTX 580 since it was released, it's done a good job. Looking forward to the upgrade.

I have just bought a 970, so I will sit and wipe away the tears as I watch the price fall by 20%

snip

Watching this as you posted, I bet NV is going to be a bit upset with TTL :o (NDA hasn't lifted yet, right?)

Edit: Oops, I guess all the reviews came out within a few minutes of eachother :P

Awesome, so happy to hear that it ended up being 650$! :D

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

PCPerspective review and Paulshardware's reviews are up!

update: Nvidia page is up http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-980-ti

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

A lot of European reviews are going up and they say it will be 750 euros, I assume it will also be 750 dollars not 650.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

So at the end NVIDIA should have added double precision to Titan X. Now it makes even less sense than Titan Z

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB