$649 USD GTX 980 ti teardown + bench+ ingame fps + temp + power

ahhming

Wow.

This card, with a G10 is going to be incredible.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

That's not what I said. I said people who have money for a 980 might not have money for a 980 Ti. There's a difference. Automatically assuming that people who have $500 for a GPU can easily spend an extra $150 on a $650 GPU is an ignorant way to think. Like I said before spending $500 and $650 are two different things. It can be the difference between affording something and not affording something. By your logic no people bought a 780 because the 780 Ti exited. But that wasn't the case, plenty of people bought the 780. Because that was all they could afford. And at the time I was one of those people in that bracket, I could not spend the extra money for the 780 Ti even though it really wasn't that much.

I didn't say triple 1440p, I said triple 3440x1440 there's quite a difference in pixels there, 10320x1440 vs 7680x1440. Also, you clearly have not done any research because Triple 4K or 

11520x2160 6GB will absolutely not be enough. If you looked at any people who tried to run Triple 4K on their original Titan Blacks or Titans you will instantly find out that they constantly said 6GB of VRAM was simply not enough...

I know what you said, but there's no one who says "Gosh darn, I'm short for a 980Ti.  Guess I'll settle for the 980".  People who buy Nvidia high end GPU's aren't worrying about dollars at all.  If someone has ANY SORT OF BUDGET they are not looking at a 980 or 980 Ti, they are looking at the 970.  The market for these GPU's is already miniscule, people like yourself are in an extremely small minority.  If the 770 performed 95% of the 780, you would have bought that instead.

How many of them were doing dumbass things like MSAA?  

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/44633/gta-maxed-triple-4k-monitors-requires-14gb-vram/index.html

Here's GTA V using ~7GB of VRAM with x8 MSAA on a triple 4K set up.  (GTA V counts the mirrored data in the menu for some reason in SLI set ups.)

I can't think of too many more vram intensive games than GTA V, can you?

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I know what you said, but there's no one who says "Gosh darn, I'm short for a 980Ti.  Guess I'll settle for the 980".  People who buy Nvidia high end GPU's aren't worrying about dollars at all.  If someone has ANY SORT OF BUDGET they are not looking at a 980 or 980 Ti, they are looking at the 970.  The market for these GPU's is already miniscule, people like yourself are in an extremely small minority.  If the 770 performed 95% of the 780, you would have bought that instead.

How many of them were doing dumbass things like MSAA?  

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/44633/gta-maxed-triple-4k-monitors-requires-14gb-vram/index.html

Here's GTA V using ~7GB of VRAM with x8 MSAA on a triple 4K set up.  (GTA V counts the mirrored data in the menu for some reason in SLI set ups.)

I can't think of too many more vram intensive games than GTA V, can you?

Okay, now your thinking has become mind boggling. Being on a tight budget, is quite different than spending the maximum amount of money you can. Therefore, that doesn't necessarily mean you will settle for a 970. If you have a $500 budget on a video card, why in the world would you just settle on a 970? No you wouldn't do that, you would buy a 980 because that is what your budget allows. However, being able to spend $500 on a video card does not necessarily mean you can spend an extra $150 on a better video card. Because remember that is your maximum budget, $500. So I don't really understand what you are not getting here. Maybe you need to re-read what I said a few times because you clearly are not comprehending what is being said. Just because you can spend $500 does not mean you can spend $650. How many times do I have to repeat this? What are you not understanding here? Stop bringing the 970 into the discussion we are not talking about that card at all. You seem fixated on the 970. Nobody is talking about a 970, a $350 card. We are talking about a 980, now a $500 card. Therefore, back to my original point, excluding the 970 a $350 card. If your maximum budget allows $500, you will buy a 980 not a 980 Ti because that is what you maximum budget allows. If you do not understand this concept, then I do not know what to tell you at this point because it is very easy to understand.

Here's a guy using over 6GB of VRAM at "only" 5K in almost every game, meanwhile Triple 4K is many more pixels than 5K:

A titanX allocates 5-6 GB of VRAM for 1080p.  For all you know all those games are using a fraction of what the card reports in any of those tests.

Also all I'm saying is most people buy a specific GPU because it fits their performance needs.  Not because they have a budget of $1500 and have exactly $500 leftover after picking everything else and have to spend every dime.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Wow.

This card, with a G10 is going to be incredible.

Or the EVGA Hybrid which already comes with an AIO preinstalled! Picking up two of those myself :)

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

The amd fury must have nvidia scared. This feels so rushed

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Of course it is "rushed". Cut off AMD at the pass. 650 dollars for flagship performance. They know exactly what they are doing. 

I think Nvidia and their market share and profits are doing just fine, AMD is the one who should've launched their products a long ass time ago. 

AMD is the one who should've launched their products a long ass time ago. 

I feel like this has been AMD's problem for a good number of years. 

....off to try and sell my 780ti  to buy a 980ti...

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Rushed?  I am willing to bet nvidia had this trump card waiting for 6 months now.

I heard Linus repeat something on the last WAN show that I read on Anandtech a long time ago, no one has better knowledge of Nvidia's upcoming cards than AMD and vice versa. 

Safe to conclude that AMD has a more powerful card than 980 at the $500 price point because Nvidia is now bringing Titan X performance down nearly into the 980 price range.

I'll make a decision once market makes it's price adjustments following the AMD launch but if AMD can't sway me, 2 hybrid cooled 980TI's could have my name on them to finish the 4K build.

I wouldn't even have to pull the AX760 PSU.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Rushed?  I am willing to bet nvidia had this trump card waiting for 6 months now.

And yet release it on a Sunday afternoon / evening? It definitely seems rushed; combined with reports of the original high price and "sudden" price drop. Wouldn't be surprised to see AMD potentially have something not half bad at the top end.. 

Anyone who got a gtx 980 must feel so burnt right now. Titan z and Gtx 980 are pretty much done and kinda pointless cards.

970 and gtx 980 ti are best choice between value and high end and the z is just not worth extra cost and if you spending that much to get a 980 might as well get the 980 ti. The two cards just have no point now its all 970 or 980ti. 

And yet release it on a Sunday afternoon / evening?

And/or the day of press conferences in Taipei.  And/or the NDA being lifted at midnight.  And/or that's the time when the action plan would be set into motion.

But what would I know? ;)

Dat power consumption.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Not really. 4k DSR of Shadow of Mordor with HD texture pack is 6GBs of vram. Aslo 5k DSR is 6.7GBs of vram. So no I am not kicking myself at all.

No. I can only count my friends on one hand lol. So I don't have a lot of true friends.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can count my true friends on two or three fingers. It was worth a shot, though.

I'm watching some youtube amateur performance review videos. Specifically guys who ran 2-4 980's  and now run 2-4 Titan X's since it's very comparable with 980TI. The cards are able to handle MSAA @4K and retain the frame rate they were scoring on 980's without MSAA. Not that I would use MSAA but it's a good chunk of raw power to be redirected elsewhere.

I think the hybrid cooled 980TI's are going to be something special. Not sure how the binning will be with chips that couldn't quite make the Titan X, but some TI cards ought to be able to clock well past TX ones. With G-Sync as a crutch, and two 980TI's as legs, one can now walk 4K properly. It's also more future proof than most other 9xx cards, since it's dx12.1 compatible. Typically a card compatible with the first revision of a given upcoming dX will become obsolete by performance before it becomes outdated feature-wise.

I want a 32" 4K monitor and I'm in for 2 cards to finish this 4K build but can't buy a monitor until I pick between AMD/NV because of G-Sync and Freesync, makes the video card/monitor purchase dependent on each other and harder to match...

I would like to use this opportunity to thank AMD's Fury for driving NV to offer Titan X performance at a ~35% discount.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Are you getting 4 of these bad boys. 4 way 980 Ti or staying with your 4 way 980 and 4 way Titan X sli.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can count my true friends on two or three fingers. It was worth a shot, though.

Maybe when I hit the lotto.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

$650 is a steal no? Or perhaps it's all relative to the Titan X. Nvidia playing mind games.

considering it pretty much just is a cut-down Titan X, I would say they had it ready much longer now ..

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

#1: I agree with Linus' new Vessel video.  Both the 980 and Titan X have now been made irrelevant by the 980ti.  #2:  Wow.  Just wow.  #3:  I feel really bad for Titan X owners, because this thing just.. is incredible. I cannot wait to see the hybrid coolers, and classified cards.  This is just incredible.  And of course.. #D:  It seems like they're competing with themselves.  But--out-standing card.  Hopefully the 390x comes in with more performance with just a little more in price, otherwise--may need two of these until 2016 HBM2.

Are you getting 4 of these bad boys. 4 way 980 Ti or staying with your 4 way 980 and 4 way Titan X sli.

Maybe when I hit the lotto.

I'll order 4 980 Ti Classifieds as soon as they're available. I'll be selling off my water blocked classifieds for 400 a pop in the classifieds section

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2