$649 USD GTX 980 ti teardown + bench+ ingame fps + temp + power

ahhming

A lot of European reviews are going up and they say it will be 750 euros, I assume it will also be 750 dollars not 650.

I've been using the GTX 580 since it was released, it's done a good job. Looking forward to the upgrade.

UK listed retail price is £549 on these reviews. That's an awesome price for 1-3% less than a Titan X. I am getting TWO

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

There will be a price drop of GTX980. Whoever just bought a(or 2) GTX980 got burn badly. 

I wouldn't get too hopeful about the $650 price tag.  Unless they're going to lower the price of the 980 to $400.

My guess is because one site says it the other ones are copying it.  

Remember, the 780Ti retailed for $699.  

Releasing a $650 980 Ti without lowering the price of the 980 will absolutely decimate both TitanX and 980 sales.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

AMD will really have to have something special with their Radeon Fury. Otherwise, it will be slaughtered again. 

No WAIT AS SEC, it's indeed going to be 650 dollars. While in the EU it's going to be 750 dollars. I'm going to pay 15% more if I want the card. WHAT.

PS, should I do those review roundups again?

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

I wouldn't get too hopeful about the $650 price tag.  Unless they're going to lower the price of the 980 to $400.

Releasing a $650 980 Ti without lowering the price of the 980 will absolutely decimate both TitanX and 980 sales.

According to Paul's hardware, price of GTX980 will be lowered to $500. And indeed the official price of the 980Ti is $650. 

They did lower the price of the 980. It's going to drop to $499. 

AMD will really have to have something special with their Radeon Fury. Otherwise, it will be slaughtered again. 

If it outperforms the 295x2, it's already winning.

350w Max TDP!!!!!

Foooooking hell!!!!!!!!

Looks like a great card but that's an insane amount of power.

thats including CPU

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

ONLY $649 US!  Wow! What a deal! <sarcasm>

Will Linus be using these as drink coasters by the way?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

They did lower the price of the 980. It's going to drop to $499. 

According to Paul's hardware, price of GTX980 will be lowered to $500. And indeed the official price of the 980Ti is $650. 

A whopping $50?  

Doesn't make sense.

780Ti retailed at $699.

780 dropped from $650 to $499.

Nvidia must be really scared of AMD to rush out a card that is going to neuter the value of their existing high end line up.

That price point seems pretty aggressive the new AMD GPU has to be very strong for them to make it that low I was expecting it to be $750+.
Also this means that they are skipping an entire series which probably means Pascal is coming Q1/Q2 next year.

RTX2070OC 

The price is indeed surprising, it's really low for chose a big chip and memory buffer, they are not going to make a large margin on them. Hawaii was a lot smaller so AMD could make it really cheap easily. Nvidia is going radical with this one. 

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

A whopping $50?  

Doesn't make sense.

780Ti retailed at $699.

780 dropped from $650 to $499.

Nvidia must be really scared of AMD to rush out a card that is going to neuter the value of their existing high end line up.

Or maybe, they know that Fiji XT isn't faster than a Titan X. Which means it isn't faster than a 980 Ti. Which means if AMD planned to launch their Fiji XT @ $800-850 like the rumors say, it would mean a 980 Ti is undercutting Fiji XT before it even launches...

The price is indeed surprising, it's really low for chose a big chip and memory buffer, they are not going to make a large margin on them. Hawaii was a lot smaller so AMD could make it really cheap easily. Nvidia is going radical with this one. 

I'm sure the margin is still fine.

I can't imagine the production of this card is THAT much more expensive than a $150 card, and both turn a profit.  R&D's already paid off thanks to the kind donations of TitanX early adopters anyway.

Or maybe, they know that Fiji XT isn't faster than a Titan X. Which means it isn't faster than a 980 Ti. Which means if AMD planned to launch their Fiji XT @ $800-850 like the rumors say it would mean a 980 Ti is undercutting Fiji XT before it even launches...

Nvidia doesn't do the whole "aggressive pricing and competition" thing.  Either way though, that still means they're scared of Fiji and have no problem losing all their sales of 980's and TitanX's to compete with it.

I'm sure the margin is still fine.

I can't imagine the production of this card is THAT much more expensive than a $150 card, and both turn a profit.  R&D's already paid off thanks to the kind donations of TitanX early adopters anyway.

Yup, don't buy something when there is no competition.

Yup, don't buy something when there is no competition.

I wouldn't say that.

It could be the 980Ti falls behind significantly in overclocked environments, or there's some bullshit like there was with the 970 that we won't discover for a few months.

As Linus pointed out, the 980Ti is boosting to keep up with the TitanX.  So who knows, maybe the TitanX leaves it in the dust when overclocked.

I don't think anyone should regret the TitanX from a performance point of view... and I'm pretty sure anyone buying a $1000 GPU isn't really concerned about their bank account.

Who wants a used a 780 ti? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Nvidia doesn't do the whole "aggressive pricing and competition" thing.  Either way though, that still means they're scared of Fiji and have no problem losing all their sales of 980's and TitanX's to compete with it.

You are on the extreme side of your opinions. NVIDIA has done price cuts many times, the only product that never got a price cut was the Titan line. Additionally, how are they losing sales? You do realize that people who are are willing to spend $500 on a GTX 980 are not spending an extra $150 on a 980 Ti. I mean, that can be the difference between being able to afford something and not being able to afford something. Also there are applications where a Titan X is worth the money, like for a Tri-SLI setup powering a Triple 4K Surround Setup or a Triple 3440 x 1440 setup. You are going to need that 12GB frame buffer to drive those resolutions.

Here's my thoughts on Fiji / Fiji XT. There hasn't been one actual accurate leak regarding actual framebuffer, actual stream processor count, actual memory configuration. Nothing but rumors and speculation. Not a single GPU-Z has turned up. Why is AMD so hush, hush about this product? Why? Wouldn't you want people to know about your new product? Seems kind of odd and peculiar that we have no solid leaks on this product compared to NVIDIA where we had solid leaks on the Titan X and 980 Ti. Makes me believe that AMD might in actuality be the company who is scared, not NVIDIA.

Wantwantwantwant oh so much

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Dat layout, they make them so clean, with lots of room and only a few caps on the side. Really easy to make coolers and blocks for it.

You are on the extreme side of your opinions. NVIDIA has done price cuts many times, the only product that never got a price cut was the Titan line. Additionally, how are they losing sales. You do realize that people who are are willing to spend $500 on a GTX 980 are not spending an extra $150 on a 980 Ti. I mean, that can be the difference between being able to afford something and not being able to afford something. Also there are applications where a Titan X is worth the money, like for a Tri-SLI setup powering a Triple 4K Surround Setup or a Triple 3440 x 1440 setup. You are going to need that 12GB frame buffer to drive those resolutions.

People who don't have the money will buy a 970, not a 980. There are very few cases where buying the 980 will make sense, except for someone wanting to get 980 SLI. The 980 already struggled to differentiate itself from the 970 in terms of performance, and with the 980Ti blowing it away it makes even less of an argument.  (That said, an overclocked 980 is still a totally decent option... but the people who are shopping for a high end GPU don't think like that.  They see "$150 more and and I can get 20 more FPS in cuck of duty?  Yes please!")

6 GB Vram buffer is also plenty... hell 4GB could even be enough for triple 1440p if you toned down texture quality a notch in some games.  Vram requirements do not scale linearly.  Literally no one needs 12 GB of VRAM.

People who don't have the money will buy a 970, not a 980. There are very few cases where buying the 980 will make sense, except for someone wanting to get 980 SLI. The 980 already struggled to differentiate itself from the 970 in terms of performance, and with the 980Ti blowing it away it makes even less of an argument.  (That said, an overclocked 980 is still a totally decent option... but the people who are shopping for a high end GPU don't think like that.)

6 GB Vram buffer is also plenty... hell 4GB could even be enough for triple 1440p if you toned down texture quality a notch in some games.  Vram requirements do not scale linearly.  Literally no one needs 12 GB of VRAM.

That's not what I said. I said people who have money for a 980 might not have money for a 980 Ti. There's a difference. Automatically assuming that people who have $500 for a GPU can easily spend an extra $150 on a $650 GPU is an ignorant way to think. Like I said before spending $500 and $650 are two different things. It can be the difference between affording something and not affording something. By your logic no people bought a 780 because the 780 Ti existed. But that wasn't the case, plenty of people bought the 780. Because that was all they could afford. And at the time I was one of those people in that bracket, I could not spend the extra money for the 780 Ti even though it really wasn't that much more compared to a 780.

I didn't say triple 1440p, I said triple 3440x1440 there's quite a difference in pixels there, 10320x1440 vs 7680x1440. Also, you clearly have not done any research because with Triple 4K or 11520x2160 6GB of VRAM will absolutely not be enough. If you looked at any people who tried to run Triple 4K on their original Titan Blacks or Titans you will instantly find out that they constantly said 6GB of VRAM was simply not enough to drive that resolution...