WCCF Tech | GTX 980 Ti Will Retail for $799 MSRP – EVGA Lineup Pricing

Except we don't have any of those things. Instead we have government protecting companies in return for "political donations"

Ugh, a lot of people here in Ireland don't like a lot of EU rulings, but they do so much for us.

I recently got a DOA Titan X, which I returned. If on the off chance they didn't find it faulty I would still be fully entitled to a full refund under the Distance Selling Regulations. Under DSR I can return anything within 14 days of receiving it under any reason, even if I just don't like it.

The companies like the one I dealt with can give you crap and work slowly in the RMA to annoy you, but they can't go over their reasonable time frame or the law steps in to defend me.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Ugh, a lot of people here in Ireland don't like a lot of EU rulings, but they do so much for us.

I recently got a DOA Titan X, which I returned. If on the off chance they didn't find it faulty I would still be fully entitled to a full refund under the Distance Selling Regulations. Under DSR I can return anything within 14 days of receiving it under any reason, even if I just don't like it.

The companies like the one I dealt with can give you crap and work slowly in the RMA to annoy you, but they can't go over their reasonable time frame or the law steps in to defend me.

LUCKY. Wish I could afford one of those.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

LUCKY. Wish I could afford one of those.

Since my refund is still processing, I'm now holding out to see what the 980Ti does. Depending on their price and performance I might get one.

Although in the UK is retail price is rumored to be from £650-750. If closer to the former I'll get two, otherwise the Titan X is a better choice as recently they were selling at £799.

The Witcher 3 at 1440p is my benchmark. I want at least 60+fps at Ultra. Since my card was DOA I've been struggling on all low with a 2010 GTX 580.

I might be getting 2 of these to replace my current 780's.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I was deciding between the Titan X and 980 Ti. If the Ti is $800, it simply makes my decision easy for me: Titan X it is. If the Ti was $700, that would've been more in favor of the 980 Ti. If I'm spending that much I minus well go all out and get the granddaddy Maxwell.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Yes but do you REALLY require 12GB?. The latest benchmarks show the Ti being within 5-10% margin of the Titan X and that was reference Ti's... so with the correct aftermarket cooler and some factory overclocking you can essentially get an Titan X for $200 less (and -6GB of VRAM but you dont need it IMO).

Oh how that phrase is woeful; the phrase "X GB is plenty".

My last 2 video card generations have ended simply because the VRAM became to small as the quality in games improved.  My ATI 5970 (a dual GPU card with 2 GB, which means 1 GB max per GPU) stopped allowing Ultra texture settings once the BF3 expansions arrived.

My current 2x GTX 680's at 2 GB stopped having Ultra texture settings once I enabled 4x MSAA in Crysis 3.  The general consensus at the time via forum posts and reviews always stated "2 GB will be more than enough for gaming."  VRAM limits have always resulted in me having to upgrade video cards.  Today, 2x GTX 680 Keplers is still plenty of horsepower to have all other settings like shader quality, terrain detail, etc turned up to High or Ultra, but in many games now, I can only top-out at Medium texture quality/detail settings.

I vow to never have my video card generation end again due to VRAM limits.  12 GB seems to be the answer to that.  If I can pool that memory together with a second Titan and DX 12 to give 24 GB of VRAM, I'll feel I can finally stretch out my legs. :)

800$ is a bit ridiculous, :( I was expecting something like 699$

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Until 2 years ago flagship single gpu cards launched only around $500

Woe is my wallet

Until 2 years ago flagship single gpu cards launched only around $500

Woe is my wallet

I just went through my emails search to see what I paid back in the day. Here are the prices I paid for newly released flagships.

qS3Sjs9.png

J4Jywup.png

YxAKIC6.png

zdYXhus.png

How much I paid for an "old" Mid range card in 2008

iXWkwVd.png

That's a bit rich, but that is EVGA. They might price theirs higher. Plus it will probably go on sale at some point. I didn't buy my 780ti right away.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Oh how that phrase is woeful; the phrase "X GB is plenty".

My last 2 video card generations have ended simply because the VRAM became to small as the quality in games improved.  My ATI 5970 (a dual GPU card with 2 GB, which means 1 GB max per GPU) stopped allowing Ultra texture settings once the BF3 expansions arrived.

My current 2x GTX 680's at 2 GB stopped having Ultra texture settings once I enabled 4x MSAA in Crysis 3.  The general consensus at the time via forum posts and reviews always stated "2 GB will be more than enough for gaming."  VRAM limits have always resulted in me having to upgrade video cards.  Today, 2x GTX 680 Keplers is still plenty of horsepower to have all other settings like shader quality, terrain detail, etc turned up to High or Ultra, but in many games now, I can only top-out at Medium texture quality/detail settings.

I vow to never have my video card generation end again due to VRAM limits.  12 GB seems to be the answer to that.  If I can pool that memory together with a second Titan and DX 12 to give 24 GB of VRAM, I'll feel I can finally stretch out my legs. :)

Id argue that both your case and mine are special. For you, if you are using MSAA then of course your going to start eating lots of VRAM as the GPU has to load and mesh the same textures 2,4 or 8 times.

For me I am planning on replacing my 290x's with 980ti's. That coupled with DX12 and VRAM stacking would mean I would end up with 12gb VRAM and not 24GB. Im happy with that :D

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

All hope is not lost yet! WCCFTech just updated their article:

2q8ptvl.jpg

"Geforce GTX 980 Ti's MSRP are likely been confirmed to $649, resulting in the existing GeForce GTX 980 4GB models

Price cuts have been confirmed to be inevitable."

http://www.hwbattle.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=news&wr_id=1991

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/gtx-980-retail-price/

This one says 649$ cheers

Many can afford that.. Best price!

For those who don't want to click the link:

"The GTX 980 Ti hasn’t been released yet, but it is generating buzz after the specifications leaked, and according to new rumors bouncing around the web it will retail for $649. Sources we’ve spoken with have indicated the leaked price point is correct."

Guys, are we really going to trust WCCFTech on this?

I just went through my emails search to see what I paid back in the day. Here are the prices I paid for newly released flagships.

qS3Sjs9.png

J4Jywup.png

YxAKIC6.png

zdYXhus.png

How much I paid for an "old" Mid range card in 2008

iXWkwVd.png

Did you buy those on release? I have really bad memory so I don't remember how much those cards cost on release.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Did you buy those on release? I have really bad memory so I don't remember how much those cards cost on release.

Yup either on release, or a week or two afterwards because they were sold out on launch day.

In US taxes are added when you check out, but prices themselves don't include taxes, it's because every state has different ones. In every other country taxes are included in the price.

I still don't understand why our retailers list things like that, when everyone else has the tax added in.

It's sad that despite being just north of the States, Canada is forgotten all the time. 

Canada also list prices pre-tax. 

Intel i7-4770K @4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | Asus Z87-Deluxe | Crucial Ballistix 16GB

EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ ACX Cooler | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Dell U2713HM

I was just guessing $750-$800 last night, damn not too far off it seems.

Oh yeah the damn states... forgot about them.

Just thought I'd chime in and give you(and others in this thread) the heads up that if you're in a state, lets say California, and you buy something from an online store that is in a different state, lets say New York, you don't have to pay tax on items purchased. Tax is only collected when the company is located in your State and by law has to collect tax.

For example, B&H's Sales Tax page says;

Local Sales Tax:

If the order is shipped within New York State , the law requires that local sales tax be added to the order total including the amount of the shipping charge.

We do not collect tax for orders shipped out of New York State. Purchases in our store are subject to an 8.875% local sales tax. This tax is not a VAT, and cannot be recovered by non-USA visitors when returning home.

Just thought I'd mention this  ;)

I really hope its 650$ and not 800$, if it ends up being 800$ that means high end custom cards will cost almost as much as a Titan X....

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

could it be possible nVidia tested the waters with it's 799$ price and lowered it after?
if you recall, SONY did a a similar thing during their PS4 launch - they went to E3 with a bigger price and cut it down right after MS had their XB1 press conference

people aren't happy with the 799$ price point

could it be possible nVidia tested the waters with it's 799$ price and lowered it after?

if you recall, SONY did a a similar thing during their PS4 launch - they went to E3 with a bigger price and cut it down right after MS had their XB1 press conference

people aren't happy with the 799$ price point

Sony watched what happened with the XBOX all the way from price to DRM and backpedaled like a scared little girl the whole way.  I don't think they were testing the waters as much as seeing the reaction to XBOX and deciding not to cop the same PR headaches.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.