VideoCardz | ASUS "confirms" GTX 980 Ti specs

zMeul
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please edit the title as Asus have not acknowledged anything, this is just more content from a questionable source. 

Anyone wanna buy a 780ti?   :D

I'm not really joking. 

Although it would be if someone could leak the price. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Nvidia should price it at $550 giving AMD a kick in the nuts.

Yea this would be funny but then the 970 would be like $250! 

I would pay $750 for this card though. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I see this card starting at $799.

i was thinking about 750+$

to be fair, bang in the middle between GTX980 and Titan X, would be 770$

That's like saying AMD should price Fiji at $499 to curb stomp Nvidia. With the card launching the day before Fiji it would absolutely backfire on the company overnight.

Please edit the title as Asus have not acknowledged anything, this is just more content from a questionable source. 

Nice that an option will be around when the 390x is inevitably sold out everywhere. Though pricing is critical, if the 980Ti is more than $700 it's just a waste of time. Only those with limited enough capacity to be fooled by the comparison to the Titan X (which is already too expensive by a lot) will buy the 980Ti if it's any more than that.

But I guess the Nvidia zombie legion is quite huge, makes me a bit embarrassed to say I've never bought an AMD/ ATi card in the past. Need to get out, quick.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Indeed but AMD fanboys might get mad. I would see this as being $700-800 price range.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

not editing a thing, this is the exact title from the source and until this is proven to be fake, I consider it to be very much real

there are ASUS logos on the pictures and I strongly believe VideoCardz would not fabricate it

not editing a thing, this is the exact title from the source and until this is proven to be fake, I consider it to be very much real

there are ASUS logos on the pictures and I strongly believe VideoCardz would not fabricate it

You realize he's a moderator right?

It is not on Asus official website http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series_Products/

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

You realize he's a moderator right?

yeah, so? he's free to edit the post himself if he does not agree with what I said

if the mod has a problem with my post, the exact same rule should be applied to this post:

AMD's information on DX12 and new rendering technique for multi-gpu - the source is a known rumor mill, and not AMD themselves

Indeed but AMD fanboys might get mad. I would see this as being $700-800 price range.

It doubt it would phase AMD enthusiasts the slightest bit and may even cause some chuckle for the following reason. It would piss off their own loyal consumers more than they currently are. How many GTX 980 and TITAN X owners do you think will outrage when they learn of the company dropping a nutshell like this. Sorry that you paid the same price for your GTX 980 less than a half a year ago (or even a week ago) which sucks bawlz in comparison. We're also sorry TITAN X owners for spending $999 on a card a month or two ago that you could of waited on and had ~90% of the performance for half the price. Besides I doubt Nvidia wants to lose money on the GTX 980 Ti by cutting heavily into their profit margins. This would be the exact same reason why AMD doesn't want to be the cheaper solution anymore. Pricing products low and making them an unbeatable bargin is great for consumers but it kills the company when they aren't making as much overhead on the product as they need to in order to label it profitable.

You must not realize how easy it is to fabricate a document, then. I'll give you a hint, it's pretty easy.

The Asus logos on the datasheets mean nothing until it is proven to exist.

That's like saying AMD should price Fiji at $499 to curb stomp Nvidia. With the card launching the day before Fiji it would absolutely backfire on the company overnight.

No it's not. It's like saying when the 290X release it should have been $200 to begin with. Either way, Nvidia can afford to sell the cards for even sub-$500 because the have the money to take the "losses" from that.

They'll get mad regardless.

No it's not. It's like saying when the 290X release it should have been $200 to begin with. Either way, Nvidia can afford to sell the cards for even sub-$500 because the have the money to take the "losses" from that.

They'll get mad regardless.

It doubt it would phase AMD enthusiasts the slightest bit and may even cause some chuckle for the following reason. It would piss off their own loyal consumers more than they currently are. How many GTX 980 and TITAN X owners do you think will outrage when they learn of the company dropping a nutshell like this. Sorry that you paid the same price for your GTX 980 less than a half a year ago (or even a week ago) which sucks bawlz in comparison. We're also sorry TITAN X owners for spending $999 on a card a month or two ago that you could of waited on and had ~90% of the performance for half the price. Besides I doubt Nvidia wants to lose money on the GTX 980 Ti by cutting heavily into their profit margins. This would be the exact same reason why AMD doesn't want to be the cheaper solution anymore. Pricing products low and making them an unbeatable bargin is great for consumers but it kills the company when they aren't making as much overhead on the product as they need to in order to label it profitable.

Friendly reminder to all that videocardz is an offshoot of WCCFTech. Same "sources".

You must not realize how easy it is to fabricate a document, then. I'll give you a hint, it's pretty easy.

that was absolutely not what I was debating; and for VideoCardz to fabricate this and stamp their own logo on it would mean a huge hit for their future image

for now, there is no "official" ASUS source for this because, as of yet, the GTX980Ti is still not released

to call this fake/fabricated, I would like to see a similar example where it was proven to be faked by VideoCardz

that was absolutely not what I was debating; and for VideoCardz to fabricate this and stamp their own logo on it would mean a huge hit for their future image

for now, there is no "official" ASUS source for this because, as of yet, the GTX980Ti is still not released officially

Keep in mind that Videocardz is an offshoot of WCCFTech, as Ren pointed out, so their reputation in general is pretty questionable. As for the 980 Ti, remember that teaser image Videocardz showed us? It's nowhere to be found on any official NVIDIA sources. No social media, not even their sites. I went out of my way to check and, yeah, it's just not there. Unless you're looking at a site with questionable "sources" and an editor who claims to get information directly from Jensen himself.

Nothing fishy there, folks!

for now, there is no "official" ASUS source for this because, as of yet, the GTX980Ti is still not released

to call this fake/fabricated, I would like to see a similar example where it was proven to be faked by VideoCardz

Without an official source you have to understand that anything can be just fabricated rumors. Even if we all are 99% sure that the GTX 980 Ti does exist, we simply cannot say it does. Even those who do know and have seen the product are still under NDA. So either way you won't really know until the company launches the product. The issue here does not pertain to the GTX 980 Ti existing or any of that. It's merely about the simple word "confirmed" without a solid official source.