980 Ti Reference Boxes Pics Emerge with additional Gaming Benchmarks, and uncut GPU-Z shots

BiG StroOnZ

although 5.5Gb+.5Gb vram would be funny, If the 980ti has the same ROPs and L2 as the Titan X, there won't be a divided memory pool. The 3.5+.5 on the 970 has nothing to do with the disabled SMs, only the L2/ROP cluster affects the "memory pools"

i wish i had waited these 2-3 weeks for it since i still cant use the 970s atm :/

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

this seems like de ja vu.....Titan, 780Ti....Titan X, 980Ti.....the hype sure is familiar

Blood-Box (Current) - 4790K @ 4.4GHz 1.175v | MSI Z97M GamingMSI R9 290 TF | 16GB ADATA XPG v1.0 CL9 | patiently waiting on the CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 3 | Corsair RM650 | Noctua NH-U12S | OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD

Feishi (Gift to my bro) - 4770K @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte Z87 UD5H | Gigabyte GTX 760 WFx3 2.0 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 CL9 | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-C14 | Seagate 2TB HDD

Given they're cutting SMMs are we likely to see the slow 512mb of RAM issue again?

It wasn't the SMMs per say, it was the ROP/memory controller being partially disabled, which reduced the usable amount of L2 and ROPs, and created the effect of segmented memory.

If an ROP/memory controller is partially or completely disabled, it will be something to look for.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

For some reason, I expected more. Well at least it's where it should be... Also, msi changed their design? Nice...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Recycle box art. lol

except for MSI

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

These pictures look fake as hell but at least the card's pretty much confirmed and dangit I want it.  Might wait for better aftermarket versions and much more in-depth benchmarking but still.  The 780Ti is almost what I needed for the Swift, and the 980Ti would be what I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Given they're cutting SMMs are we likely to see the slow 512mb of RAM issue again?

well... they sliced off 6GB ram, let's just hope the slower 512 was in that piece ;)

Yeah they may have sliced 6 GBs off but when are you ever gonna use more then 6? I think I seen a titan x at 6.5gb maxxed settings on gta v at 4k. So you turn down advance settings a bit? Also for the .5 GB issue. You still,have 5.5gb, once again you'll probably never use it unless you max out 4k settings on GTA or similar games.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Source 1: http://videocardz.com/55713/asus-gigabyte-and-msi-geforce-gtx-980-ti-smile-for-camera

Source 2: http://videocardz.com/55739/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-gpu-configuration-confirmed-gaming-performance-leaked

Well looks like this card is everything I wanted to be, slightly cut down GM200. Within 5-10% performance of a Titan X (sometimes less than 5%). I don't think I could be any happier. All we can hope for is a decent price tag and this will be the card to own for Summer 2015. I'm assuming it will be priced around $700 and for being practically a hair under a Titan X it will definitely be worth the price. Also mind you the creators of the graphs put the 980 Ti on top, even though it is slightly slower than a Titan X.

Wait over 100 fps on Unity? Wasnt the 970 barely getting 30 when  Unity came out?

I might buy two of these as well as back-up cards or give them away as gifts to my friends. :)

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

If everything be good and the price is right, I will grab one now and put it under water, then another later, which will also go under water. Come on price - show yourself!

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

based on these scores why would anyone think about buying a titan x now? just curious as the titan x is advertised as a gamers card, and with its lack of double precision, its not even a good workstation card....I am confused,, why Nvidia would do this? (again just based on the above info). I mean its great for us consumers, dont get me wrong.....

I think it's a way to sell mediocre titanX yields.

It's going to hurt both 980 and titanX sales, but I think they wanted something to price compete with AMD.

And they'll sell a bunch of cards to the "4GB of vram isn't enough" crowd.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I think it's a way to sell mediocre titanX yields.

It's going to hurt both 980 and titanX sales, but I think they wanted something to price compete with AMD.

And they'll sell a bunch of cards to the "4GB of vram isn't enough" crowd.

QFT.

It would be sweet for us consumers if 390X could ruin Nvidia's plan, match the 980ti performance but priced at $600.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

What happened with the MSI one? Usually they have such nice boxes. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Its probably been said, but numbers at 1080p are not for this card anyway. When the 970 is basically close enough to the 980Ti in that it shows it. 1440 and 4k will be a treat to see some benches for. So excited ^_^

Boop