The moment you post a Picture that is leading to 48 GB of Gamecontent. [STAR CITIZEN]

mixup

Will take me like 2 to 3 hours :D I suggest moving house, or visit a friend with fibre optic

Damn you. The person I know with the fastest connection in my area has 20mbps down, one up, and crappy WiFi.

I have a friend in London with fibre to the premises, and that's about 100mbps. And I have a couple friends in different countries with 100mbps+ connections. And as for moving, I'm not sure we'll do that anytime soon. Our cabinet's under evaluation for upgrading.

Sig under construction.

Damn you. The person I know with the fastest connection in my area has 20mbps down, one up, and crappy WiFi.

I have a friend in London with fibre to the premises, and that's about 100mbps. And I have a couple friends in different countries with 100mbps+ connections. And as for moving, I'm not sure we'll do that anytime soon. Our cabinet's under evaluation for upgrading.

Ah right most people in my town have 150, and my friend in london is on about 300

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't care if it's over 400gb I'm still playing it, guess It's a good excuse to update my storage

Just to let you guys know, that most of what's been released isn't the full ammount of data, and we already had probably 20 gigs of that "data" since it was a private ptu build, but there were some 30 ships we don't yet have in the download, plus several test levels.

Yes, this game is gonna be big, deal with it.

No CIG didn't intend this to be public, personally I don't see this as a bad thing, the ships textures and everything in here are work in progress and are awesome. but they are not done, once they are done they will be even better.

Most of what we are seeing is videos from people who don't really know cryengine or the editor, so meshes arn't right, textures are missing, the people who do know cry are starting to show stuff as it should be seen and it is insane.

After seeing this stuff I am 100% sure I made the right decision backing star citizen.

Just to let you guys know, that most of what's been released isn't the full ammount of data, and we already had probably 20 gigs of that "data" since it was a private ptu build, but there were some 30 ships we don't yet have in the download, plus several test levels.

Yes, this game is gonna be big, deal with it.

No CIG didn't intend this to be public, personally I don't see this as a bad thing, the ships textures and everything in here are work in progress and are awesome. but they are not done, once they are done they will be even better.

Most of what we are seeing is videos from people who don't really know cryengine or the editor, so meshes arn't right, textures are missing, the people who do know cry are starting to show stuff as it should be seen and it is insane.

After seeing this stuff I am 100% sure I made the right decision backing star citizen.

I'm with you 100% mate. I've spent more on this game cumulatively than my current graphics card. It will be more than worth it.

If that's already 48GB of data, how am I even able to get the whole game on my 1TB HDD... :blink:

So...they accidentally leaked tons of assets and now people are making awesome things from them?

Wait, does this mean that the game is going to be several hundred gigabytes?

You need to buy the game on a 1 tb harddrive

It's unoptimised at the moment and they are a physical copy as well so it'll probably be 10 discs

This has been posted already:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/373446-star-citizen-assets-leaked/

And there is a section for Tech (and gaming?) news. http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/13-tech-news-and-reviews/

Keep in mind that this is also a forum section entirely dedicated to star citizen. So perhaps, and I may just be going out on a limb here....

That this news might actually be more relevant in a section devoted entirely to said subject matter. Just saying...

(oh, rethinking that comment, didn't write that with the intention of being a prick. So no mean intentions)

@rentaspoon

Forget discs, they might as well ship the box with a flash drive or three. They aren't that expensive anymore, and heck, might work out easier.

Keep in mind though, there is the issue of optimization, and we do not know how much the ptu will actually take, or how much will be in the cloud or server side. Granted, the way that the devs and community thinks, people might prefer having all the data locally on system. Forget the PTU, let's just imagine the size needed just for the first installment of the single player. Sounds like I might need to buy a full TB ssd on release.

Also since we are comparing speeds, currently on a 30 down, 5 up from TWC; however, Google Fibre is coming to town within the same year (or before) Star Citizens' release.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

-snip-

No offense taken.

I'm not sure if this news belongs there. I have never been in the SC sub forum.. Not sure if they have news often too

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Keep in mind that this is also a forum section entirely dedicated to star citizen. So perhaps, and I may just be going out on a limb here....

That this news might actually be more relevant in a section devoted entirely to said subject matter. Just saying...

(oh, rethinking that comment, didn't write that with the intention of being a prick. So no mean intentions)

No offense taken.

I'm not sure if this news belongs there. I have never been in the SC sub forum.. Not sure if they have news often too

This topic has been moved here since this morning (as far as I know). Originally is was posted in General, I think.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

No offense taken.

We usually end up with double & triple posts which is good actually because some people only come to SC section. If you check in our big thread its been posted in there as well. Generally I think us locals don't mind and we already know about it before its on the LTT forums :)

The Bengal Carrier is the least interesting thing about this massive leak IMO.... You didn't even post any of the new ship images which are way more impressive, also the UEE Retribution class super dreadnaut, is just over double the size of the Bengal Carrier

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

to be fair, until someone with cryeditor skills posts a video of what came out, I'd rather not see the newer stuff, with missing textures or only partially rendered

to be fair, until someone with cryeditor skills posts a video of what came out, I'd rather not see the newer stuff, with missing textures or only partially rendered

Tellers doing them in engine, they look way nicer, still not using proper textures but he's done a good job with what he has none the less.

Tellers doing them in engine, they look way nicer, still not using proper textures but he's done a good job with what he has none the less.

Well some of the textures are a bit basic tho, like the origin 85X looks nothing like something the would do.

Credit where credits due tho

I just hope they fix the z-fighting and flickering as its one of the major reasons im not playing it right now.

I just hope they fix the z-fighting and flickering as its one of the major reasons im not playing it right now.

Z fighting?

Z fighting?

Two bits of geometry occupying roughly the same place "fighting" to be on top of each other, it makes those flickery zebra patterns on things, it was really bad for a while (especially on the Freelancer) but its mostly fixed now for me.

Two bits of geometry occupying roughly the same place "fighting" to be on top of each other, it makes those flickery zebra patterns on things, it was really bad for a while (especially on the Freelancer) but its mostly fixed now for me.

Ah so that's what its called, the Aurora still have bits

Ah so that's what its called, the Aurora still have bits

Yeah, that the ship im flying. Its immersion breaking to the point where a 2D simple graphics game is more immersive than Star Citizen.