Any forums or sub reddits about car purchase recommendations?

TheMidnightNarwhal

What are you looking for? I know cars enough to probably help you. 

How do you plan on using it.

How long are you planning to keep it.

Do you deal with extreme temperatures? I live in Canada. AWD FTW for me. 

Wishlist?

I7 5820K, ASUS ROG Matrix GTX 980, 16 GB 2400 DDR4, 

Ask me phone questions. I teach people how to use them for a living.  

Don't go to that thread. Everyone in there is a complete idiot /jk

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

but but that includes me im sad now

Dr.-Who.gif

tumblr_mjbon7CuD11ryhljmo1_500.gif

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The struggle of the excess lollygagging in that thread is real

"Rawr XD"

That hurts.

There's car people on here that can help lol

Myself, @Speedyv @terrytek @techswede @AlexStriz @EcoBoost 

Probably forgetting many others

Thanks for the tag, but I'm already one step ahead of you.

Already gave MidnightNarwhal my opinions here ;) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/364542-your-first-car/?p=5018290

ahem... you realize there are already like 5 people from the car thread here :P

As for OP, since you want a BMW, I'd suggest /r/BMW (obviously). /r/Cars isnt a bad idea either.  There is another subreddit that specifies solely on helping people pick cars.. I'll see if I cant find it

edit: found it - /r/whatcarshouldibuy

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

but but that includes me im sad now

--Sad Tennant--

That hurts.

Already gave MidnightNarwhal my opinions here ;) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/364542-your-first-car/?p=5018290

That includes me as well  :P

The struggle of the excess lollygagging in that thread is real

The discussions can get a bit heated

As for OP 

I don't know. We all have our opinions in the car thread and you'll probably get a few differing answers in there.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

if your coords are real 

you will need FWD or AWD

seeing your age I would say you need a small beginner cheap to insure car

im thinking golf

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Can afford a car around the price point of an M4, cares more about acceleration then top speed

http://www.teslamotors.com/Models/preowned

Words do not describe how incredibly jealous I'd be of someone with a Model S as their first car....

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

As for OP, since you want a BMW, I'd suggest /r/BMW (obviously). /r/Cars isnt a bad idea either.  There is another subreddit that specifies solely on helping people pick cars.. I'll see if I cant find it

@Aniallation , @Speedyv @terrytek @techswede @AlexStriz @EcoBoost 

To be honnest, I changed, once again.  The current way I see it, the M4 would be all season and that would be stupid (winter and snow). So I think I really will go with a Alfa Romeo 4c + a winter capable sedan. Can't find the sedan though. at around 45k max, nicely equiped, preferably good safety rating and a luxury brand. Yet, I found the Audi A3, but that's it . 

To be honnest, I changed, once again.  The current way I see it, the M4 would be all season and that would be stupid (winter and snow). So I think I really will go with a Alfa Romeo 4c + a winter capable sedan. Can't find the sedan though. at around 45k max, nicely equiped, preferably good safety rating and a luxury brand. Yet, I found the Audi A3, but that's it . 

Honestly Tesla S is a decent winter car with the good tires.

"Rawr XD"

Reddit's 9-minute post limit for new members drives me nuts

"Rawr XD"

@Aniallation , @Speedyv @terrytek @techswede @AlexStriz @EcoBoost 

Get one car, something like a 325xi/435xi and call it a day? Has the sportyness of the M4 (though not to the same degree) and the practicality to be a daily driver (including in the winter). Plus they're luxurious, so that's another check marked off...

Reddit's 9-minute post limit for new members drives me nuts

I still have yet to post something on Reddit... I just hardcore lurk there :D

Get one car, something like a 325xi/435xi and call it a day? Has the sportyness of the M4 (though not to the same degree) and the practicality to be a daily driver (including in the winter). Plus they're luxurious, so that's another check marked off...

Or a GT-R, those are AWD and have a snow mode :P 

SRT Grand Cherokee also comes to mind

"Rawr XD"

Honestly Tesla S is a decent winter car with the good tires.

Yeah, but electric no really great, not alot of super chargers around where I live.

I don't know. The 435xi seems like a bad choice in winter, it's so low.

Yeah, but electric no really great, not alot of super chargers around where I live.

Then as I stated before the GT-R is a decent choice with AWD and dedicated snow mode, but you'd still have to take it a bit easy in the winter and you won't be plowing through more then 2 feet of snow. If you want to do that and still have a great car for summer track and strip use, SRT Grand Cherokee. 

"Rawr XD"

Then as I stated before the GT-R is a decent choice with AWD and dedicated snow mode, but you'd still have to take it a bit easy in the winter and you won't be plowing through more then 2 feet of snow. If you want to do that and still have a great car for summer track and strip use, SRT Grand Cherokee. 

Yeah, GT-R 2 does not seem a good choice. I live in Ottawa and we get like 10 inch a snow every 4 days.

What about sedans, like the A3 or other similar cars? The A3 has AWD, is safe. Any competetors to the a3?

+1 for SRT Cherokee. Those things are a beast out of the box and if that's not enough easy power increases through a tune and even supercharger if you need it. However it's still a good winter vehicle being an SUV and the interior is niiice

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan