Any forums or sub reddits about car purchase recommendations?

TheMidnightNarwhal

I don't know. The 435xi seems like a bad choice in winter, it's so low.

My 525 is relatively low (and rwd!) I did fine in the winter. And this was in CO, mind you, where the winters are pretty hard core. I went up a hill that an XTerra was struggling up. It's more about the tires you have than the ride height.

If you are really worried about how low it is, as @Aniallation suggested, a SRT wouldnt be bad

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

My 525 is relatively low (and rwd!) I did fine in the winter. And this was in CO, mind you, where the winters are pretty hard core. I went up a hill that an XTerra was struggling up. It's more about the tires you have than the ride height.

Agreed. I've pulled trucks, including lifted ones with bogging tires, out of ditches last winter when I had my Maxima on Continental ExtremeWinterContact's. 

Unless you have something supercar-like low to the ground, tires have a bigger effect in snow then ride height.

"Rawr XD"

Hmmm well then. I don't know at all what I should go for. But the 2 car option seems more solid to me. Only drive the summer car around 5k km a year max, so it stays in great condition and can keep it for a long long time or sell it at a great value5

If you are really worried about how low it is, as @Aniallation suggested, a SRT wouldnt be bad

Agreed. I've pulled trucks, including lifted ones with bogging tires, out of ditches last winter when I had my Maxima on Continental ExtremeWinterContact's. 

Unless you have something supercar-like low to the ground, tires have a bigger effect in snow then ride height.

Hmmm well then. I don't know at all what I should go for. But the 2 car option seems more solid to me. Only drive the summer car around 5k km a year max, so it stays in great condition and can keep it for a long long time or sell it at a great value5

I know RWD drive in winter is not bad, since cars have done that all along really... also don't want to damage or make the nice car ugly or salted. Everyone keeps telling me to not drive these great cars in winter etc.

I know RWD drive in winter is not bad, since cars have done that all along really... also don't want to damage or make the nice car ugly or salted. Everyone keeps telling me to not drive these great cars in winter etc.

Well, if you want a badass car you can use all-year, then I'd still stick with my SRT Cherokee suggestion. It's not really a car that will get "ruined" by the winter, because unlike most other performance cars, it's still a Grand Cherokee, which was designed to be a rugged all-year car in the first place. 

I also like how aside from looking badass on the outside and performing like a boss, the interior is not overdone. 

2014-jeep-grand-cherokee-srt8-interior.j

Great balance of looking and feeling nice, without going overkill on luxury, but still very comfy.

If you want two separate cars, it would depend on how much money you're willing to put into each option, for summer and winter. Not to mention that 2 cars will likely cost more to insure.

"Rawr XD"

Well, if you want a badass car you can use all-year, then I'd still stick with my SRT Cherokee suggestion. It's not really a car that will get "ruined" by the winter, because unlike most other performance cars, it's still a Grand Cherokee, which was designed to be a rugged all-year car in the first place. 

I also like how aside from looking badass on the outside and performing like a boss, the interior is not overdone. 

Great balance of looking and feeling nice, without going overkill on luxury, but still very comfy.

If you want two separate cars, it would depend on how much money you're willing to put into each option, for summer and winter. Not to mention that 2 cars will likely cost more to insure.

Yeah it's nice indeed, but I don't want a SUV. :C

For the 2 cars option, like I said, around 45k on the winter car and 65k on the Alfa 4c. Insurance I checked already and it fits in budget.

For the 2 cars option, like I said, around 45k on the winter car and 65k on the Alfa 4c. Insurance I checked already and it fits in budget.

45k winter car = WRX STI lol

"Rawr XD"

For $45k, you can get a 3rd gen STI and still have like $10k+ left over. Would make a killer winter car

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

45k winter car = WRX STI

God damn you ninja :D

THe moment I clicked "Post", it said 1 new reply. Got me by a second

45k winter car = WRX STI

Any options on luxury side of things? Like Audi, BMW, Merc, etc. I know the BMW 3 would fit perfect to. 

Right now, I got Audi a3, bmw 3 and subaru wrx sti, suggestions.

Any options on luxury side of things? Like Audi, BMW, Merc, etc. I know the BMW 3 would fit perfect to. 

Right now, I got Audi a3, bmw 3 and subaru wrx sti.

Add Lexus IS to that list.

"Rawr XD"

They're sooooooo ugly though. They look like Corollas with a wing on the back.

Third gen hatch

5723762323_8383d9ec6f_b.jpg

Right now, I got Audi a3, bmw 3 and subaru wrx sti, suggestions.

Golf R? In the same price rance. And it's a bit more luxurious

21283077434216702139.jpg

You don't have to get the wing lol

"Rawr XD"

Third gen hatch

Yeah, I'm more of a sleek elegant black sedan guy you know.

Golf R? In the same price rance. And it's a bit more luxurious

Eeeeh, hatchbacks, don't really like 'em.

You don't have to get the wing lol

Still looks like something that Kia would have made 5 years ago...

Look at it.

2015-Subaru-WRX.jpg

Yeah, I'm more of a sleek elegant black sedan guy you know.

Looks pree slick to me

JRcAaGp.png

I'd take an IS350 AWD over an STI tbh, tired of stick now and CVT doesn't exactly sound appealing even though reviewers say it's great

"Rawr XD"

Looks pree slick to me

I'd take an IS350 AWD over an STI tbh, tired of stick now and CVT doesn't exactly sound appealing even though reviewers say it's great

Yeah, was talking about the sub and golf.

Lexus looks nice, even though I prefer German cars, if I don't get a money bonus, I will probably go with the Lexus

Lexus looks nice, even though I prefer Germany, if I don't get a money bonus, I will probably go with the Lexus

Lexus will cost less to own in the long run then a German competitor tbh, needs less maintenance and when it does need maintenance it's less expensive to do

"Rawr XD"

Lexus will cost less to own in the long run then a German competitor tbh, needs less maintenance and when it does need maintenance it's less expensive to do

Yeah, I know. I guess my top three choices are Lexus IS, BMW 3 and Audi 3.

Yeah, I know. I guess my top three choices are Lexus IS, BMW 3 and Audi 3.

If you don't mind domestic then the Taurus SHO is also pretty epic

"Rawr XD"