[Mini-News]: NYC high school bomb threats were done to impress gamers

Bouzoo

So I just found out there were bomb threats to a NYC high school. Don't see that as news, it happened few times to my school too, sadly I see that as a trend.  <_< But the reason it happened is a bit different this time. 

Bomb threats emptied out one high school three times over the past 10 days, and the teen arrested for making them apparently did so to impress friends he met playing games on Xbox Live, reports the Staten Island Advance.

The Advance reports that the teenaged suspect, arrested Tuesday, "was egged on by his online friends, whom he met playing an Xbox game." The Advance didn't know the game the suspect was playing. He's accused of sending a threatening email to the principal of Susan Wagner High School (pictured), causing an evacuation, on May 14.

After police searched the building, he sent another taunting email, then another on Monday, threatening to detonate four different bombs missed by the sweep. He followed that on Tuesday morning with a telephoned threat to "blow up this [expletive] school."

I'm sorry what? How dumb do you need to be to do something like this (I know, bomb threats are pretty stupid as they are, but talking about this particular reason)? I hope he gets all the punishment he can get. Stuff like this and swatting are not child's play, those are some serious things.

Source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

don't worry. they will put him in jail for at least 15 years, where he will get educated and come out as model-citizen.

I know nothing about US system, but if he was a minor can he go to jail (for 15 years)?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

"Get out of there, its gonna blow!" :D

"Uhh sir, the bomb?"

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

snip

Well, it's just stupid..... I can't say more than that.....

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Should we not just stop taking bomb threats seriously? It seems that the only times there actually is a bomb there has been no threat phoned in what so ever.

Sorry to say, what if just one threat did phoned in? I believe in the 80s or 90s there was a bomb in Las Vegas and the planter himself phoned in the threat. He demanded money but failed to leave down an address, and money was prepared. The police attempted to defuse the bomb remotely but failed to due to clever construction and it took out a freaking hotel with it.

Edit: FOUND IT!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey%27s_Resort_Hotel_bombing

I know nothing about US system, but if he was a minor can he go to jail (for 15 years)?

If he's under 18 he will go to Juvenile Detention Center in the meantime while he awaits his court date and further placement for a long-term facility (usually some sort of program for troubled delinquents coupled with juvenile probation). 

Sorry to say, what if just one threat did phoned in? I believe in the 80s or 90s there was a bomb in Las Vegas and the planter himself phoned in the threat. He demanded money but failed to leave down an address, and money was prepared. The police attempted to defuse the bomb remotely but failed to due to clever construction and it took out a freaking hotel with it.

So what you're saying is that essentially it wouldn't have made a difference whether or not they had ignored the threat? Additionally if it was common knowledge that bomb threats were ignored on principle would said bombing not have been completely avoided in the first place considering his aim was financial gain?

don't worry. they will put him in jail for at least 15 years, where he will get educated and come out as model-citizen.

And combustion engines will get to 100% efficiency too?

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

So what you're saying is that essentially it wouldn't have made a difference whether or not they had ignored the threat? Additionally if it was common knowledge that bomb threats were ignored on principle would said bombing not have been completely avoided in the first place considering his aim was financial gain?

I believe at this point it becomes a circular argument.  Unless someone can post a link to an official source that says they ignore threats then there probably is no point in discussing it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I believe at this point it becomes a circular argument.  Unless someone can post a link to an official source that says they ignore threats then there probably is no point in discussing it.

They do take bomb threats very seriously. I was suggesting that they should stop doing that.

Should we not just stop taking bomb threats seriously? It seems that the only times there actually is a bomb there has been no threat phoned in what so ever.

Sometimes you lose belief in certain type of man kind..

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

And I bet some of the Republicans on Fox and hard core Liberals will blame video games for the problem.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I meant it should be taken seriously. Bomb threats are no joking matter, imagine what would have happened if the bomb threat that I have stated on the previous post was ignored. There will be many people killed along with the destruction of the hotel.

Whether it is a prank or actual threat, there is no wrong in being serious.

I meant it should be taken seriously. Bomb threats are no joking matter, imagine what would have happened if the bomb threat that I have stated on the previous post was ignored. There will be many people killed along with the destruction of the hotel.

Whether it is a prank or actual threat, there is no wrong in being serious.

Well considering the mass amount of disruption in peoples lives for nothing I would say there is wrong in being serious when they are always fake. As I said if it was known that bomb threats would be ignored the bomb you mentioned in your previous post would have never gone off, or been planned for that matter. His goal was financial gain which would have been an impossible outcome if bomb threats were known to be completely ignored, so he wouldn't even have tried.

If you make a bomb with the intention of hurting people you don't phone it in, doing so would act directly against your ultimate goal. If you want to make a quick buck and you know that bomb threats are ignored on principle, why would you try to make a bomb to extort the local law enforcement / whoever? You already know that you will be ignored so you will never reach your goal this way.

Well considering the mass amount of disruption in peoples lives for nothing I would say there is wrong in being serious when they are always fake. As I said if it was known that bomb threats would be ignored the bomb you mentioned in your previous post would have never gone off, or been planned for that matter. His goal was financial gain which would have been an impossible outcome if bomb threats were known to be completely ignored, so he wouldn't even have tried.

If you make a bomb with the intention of hurting people you don't phone it in, doing so would act directly against your ultimate goal. If you want to make a quick buck and you know that bomb threats are ignored on principle, why would you try to make a bomb to extort the local law enforcement / whoever? You already know that you will be ignored so you will never reach your goal this way.

And then they don't respond to one real bomb threat ("because they are always hoaxes") and 1000 people die.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

What's in my mind right now....

t85bn.jpg

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

Edit: FOUND IT!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey%27s_Resort_Hotel_bombing

They actually tried to defuse a bomb containing dynamite....with explosives....Is it just me or does that sound really stupid? I thought dynamite was already easy to set off.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

My reaction after reading the article>>>"Counter-terrorists win!" :)

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

"The bomb has been planted"

xD

I think you mean "someone set us up the bomb" lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs