SilverStone Wall Mounted Headphone Holder Concept

Hunter1428

Hi all!

Just thought I would post these on here to see what people think. The design has been submitted just so you guys know.

But feedback is always important and good for future projects.

(I did get feedback from my work team and engineer friends)

Note - Only the single has been submitted

post-19067-0-31892200-1432262694.jpg

post-19067-0-88878100-1432262920_thumb.j

post-19067-0-00436800-1432262938_thumb.j

post-19067-0-88559700-1432298547_thumb.j

I like it a lot! I'm still working on my design, although I'm having to get creative with how it mounts to the wall.

I would buy it. :)

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

Very nice, I like the cable holder idea.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

I really like it!

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

I'd buy it.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

If I had a good pair of headphones, I'd buy it in a flash

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I'd like to see one with an optional thing to "straighten" the cords. I know the cord on my Steel Series headset is constantly coiling up on itself. F**king annoying as hell.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It is a fantastic simplistic design.

Cartdog.

Nice work man! If i had a reason to buy headphone stand, that would definitely be it  :)

the cable management is a great idea but it feels too cluncky, if im missing something please tell me

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I like it ! Just needs a rounded edge where the headphone band contacts it.. I hate seeing the creases in the bands on my headphones.. =( 

Looks good, simple and not to large. I can also imagine a non-wall-mount version of this.

I know this contest is for a wall-mount, but I happen to be looking for a standing one

and everything available is just huge (like the silverstone one, Linus presented in the Video).

I would buy this much quicker than the one Linus  reviewed in the video that started the contest. Much better design and usability IMO.

looks good and looks like it could be made quite cheaply

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

wow, simple yet a great solution. it wouldnt cost an arm to make/buy and simply works. great job!

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Stock Speed)  Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark-S  Memory: 4x8GB Klevv GENUINE DDR3 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti PSU: Corsair RM850

I like it! :)

What if the area where the headband makes contact were flat instead of resting in the curve? 

Can the double be length adjustable to prevent the bottom headphones coming in contact with the top ones when removing them from the stand?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Its nice, when I watched the video, first thing I tought was "If I could make such stand, It would have a cable holder of some sort", but my idea had the cable hoder at front, with U shaped metal so it would not fell off on its own, but I like your idea bit more, but it wont work with long/thick cables.

The only problem with your design for double one is, you use same cable hold for both cables, which is not good. If you want to take one headphones off it, you would have to unwind both cables...

Thanks all for amazing feedback and positive comments!

Linus replies to thread "runs around house screaming"

I have taken on-board a lot of the feedback and applied it to a desk stand version. All the adaptations can be applied to the wall mounted models. (Found at top of thread, first page, last picture)

Wow, you kinda made what I wanted to make, but you have some mad skills, only thing thats missing is modularity otherwise its pretty awesome

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Not bad, not bad at all.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I like this a lot actually, it would be much better then my spike into the wall method I've got now.