Most secure way to shop online?

Nort

Well, I finally have enough money for my PC, but now I'm trying to figure out the most secure way to order the parts. (I'm probably a bit paranoid, but better safe than sorry.) I have access to a c redit card. I also have the option to transfer money from my bank account to PayPal, but the transfer takes 7-8 business days.

Any suggestions?

Where you plan to buy from? Are you using debit card or credit card?

Where you plan to buy from? Are you using debit card or credit card?

Amazon.ca, Newegg.ca, NCIX.ca, CanadaDirect. Most likely credit card, because I don't even know how to use a debit card online. :p

http://ncix.com

If you have an Ncix near you, you could always order online and select pick up in store for no shipping costs.

Since you're in canada, the only suggestion I can make to you is to order only from places located or ship from within Canada. If you order internationally not only does it cost more for shipping, take longer, but it also has a chance of large duty fees and tax.

I'd stick with using your credit card over paypal... Unless you can get a 5% cash back promotion or something through paypal. 

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Paypal if you can. 

Otherwise amazon is my favorite and sometimes they make a mistake and send you like 10 ssds or something :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

http://ncix.com

If you have an Ncix near you, you could always order online and select pick up in store for no shipping costs.

Since you're in canada, the only suggestion I can make to you is to order only from places located or ship from within Canada. If you order internationally not only does it cost more for shipping, take longer, but it also has a chance of large duty fees and tax.

I'd stick with using your credit card over paypal... Unless you can get a 5% cash back promotion or something through paypal. 

Unfortunately the closest NCIX to me is 17 hours away, so it'll all be online. I plan to only buy from Canadian sites.

those company's a generally safe and well mannered when your purchasing something with any form of payment

I've ordered items from so many different retailers due to deal seeking over the years. My best experiences have been with NCIX. Fast, reliable, well priced shipping, price matching, quick responses from support, and even quicker support if you call their support number. NCIX has been outstanding for my needs. I generally try to buy from them rather than going elsewhere.

I pay usually by credit card which is a very painless process and usually receive a status update saying payment received and confirmed within hours (sometimes take a bit of little bit longer). Paypal payments I've done usually take a lot longer to confirm. Plus the additional wait for adding funds to paypal.

Where about in Canada are you located? Your location might be key for finding a local place with easy pick up or cheaper shipping.

Overall buying online is for the most part safe... there isn't much you can do to put yourself at risk these days. Even "risky" sites are generally safe due to payment programs that are in place. If you're unsure of a site look into reviews for it.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Amazon.ca, Newegg.ca, NCIX.ca, CanadaDirect. Most likely credit card, because I don't even know how to use a debit card online. :P

Debit card and credit cards are the same when buying online ;P

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I'm probably a bit paranoid

Yes, yes you are. Choose any webshop with a reasonably good reputation and you will have nothing at all to worry about. NCIX, Newegg, Amazon etc etc.

Well, I finally have enough money for my PC, but now I'm trying to figure out the most secure way to order the parts. (I'm probably a bit paranoid, but better safe than sorry.) I have access to a c redit card. I also have the option to transfer money from my bank account to PayPal, but the transfer takes 7-8 business days.

Any suggestions?

pay with your cedit card. your cc company most likely has fraud protection in place should there be any issues. if you buy from reputable sources, then you will be dine.

I hate that a Mastercard is like IMPOSSIBLE to get in the netherlants as a underage person :'(

Interested in Business and Technology