Parents Caught Me Smoking....

CalebTheEternal

So like the title says my parents found 5 vapes in my room, yes 5.. They were are disposibles that had like .1% nicotine (Which you can't even get a buzz off of and they say on the package none in it) and my mom asked why I was and I told her it was a one time thing, but it's not, I have upgraded to a $130 vape with 3% nicotine and I don't want to stop. My parents don't seem mad at me since I told them it had no nic and that it's just vapor no smoke and doesn't smell. Tonight I didn't eat my dinner and my dad just joked "have you been smoking or something again". Do you guys think that they are mad? Where should I hide my 2 other vapes that are refillable and need to charge? Should I just let them know?

As a smoker i say this with love.... you are a fucking fool, dont start smoking it seriously not worth it, yes it maybe vaping but its still not good for you. i been smoking since i was 14 Im now 23 and cant walk up the stairs without feeling breathless. my lung's are shredded to shit already. if your parents beating the shit in to you help you stear clear then i think you need it, i know vaping is Quote "not as bad a smoking" but its still not good for you. another thing is price FUCK me its expensive i spend like 200 a month, that 200 i could put towards a new guitar or amp or summit

Tldr: dont smoke it bad.

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

coming from the girl who wants to do everything to piss her mother off because she's a complete hag....

you should come clean and ask if they're okay. 

if they're not, try and find a middle ground. 

''only outside''

''as long as the window is open''

''only at home or in your room'' 

''not with company''

really. you're better off agreeing from the start than being caught. 

still my mom should rot in hell. xD 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

coming from the girl who wants to do everything to piss her mother off because she's a complete hag....

''only outside''

''not with company''

mgeebuz

yuso-

also, dont go get littel disposable ones, or even like gas station juices. 

go find a place to get organic clean juices. 

pistol slamfire (from tek syndicate) and zeo arctic fox probably are your best source in terms of tech people who vape. 

and dont get coloured resiviours. the dye in them can leak ino your liquid and.... bad time...

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

mgeebuz

yuso-

wat.

-Jim Hensen

-snip

roll it into a cylinder

That would probably be somehow worse than a cigarette. Somehow.

''only outside''

''not with company''

I know your pain. We rent this house, our landlords (the original landlords) said no smoking, whereas their children (the current owners) don't seem to give a flying fuck about anything, and yet my dad still doesn't want us to smoke in the house. I do with the window wide open, which he seems to tolerate. It's funny because he smokes, and with the amount of money he pays for rent, I don't understand why he doesn't just say "fuck it, we're smoking in the house". Both my parents pretend that the smell bothers them, which as a smoker I can say is absolute f**king bullsh*t. You can't f**king smell it if you're a smoker, anyone who says otherwise, is flatout LYING.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Really? at least if your going to start smoking to don't start with some bitch version, vaping is barely smoking lul.

That would probably be somehow worse than a cigarette. Somehow.

I know your pain. We rent this house, our landlords (the original landlords) said no smoking, whereas their children (the current owners) don't seem to give a flying fuck about anything, and yet my dad still doesn't want us to smoke in the house. I do with the window wide open, which he seems to tolerate. It's funny because he smokes, and with the amount of money he pays for rent, I don't understand why he doesn't just say "fuck it, we're smoking in the house". Both my parents pretend that the smell bothers them, which as a smoker I can say is absolute f**king bullsh*t. You can't f**king smell it if you're a smoker, anyone who says otherwise, is flatout LYING.

i cant stand the smell of smoke. 

also someone on the forums described kissing a smoker the best

''like licking burnt pancakes''

i dont mind weed or vapes though. just something about cigaretts. (fuk spelng bruh)

-Jim Hensen

/snip

Texas, ladies and gentlemen, Texas.

So your pretty much saying it's ok to get stoned out of your mind? Just because it's ok to have fun?

Yes, that IS what anyone with the mental capacity greater than a rock is saying. If it is relatively safe to do (or even if it isnt, get yourselves killed doing something stupid, you dumb fucks), you should be allowed to do it. I dont really give a shit what you or anyone else thinks i should or shouldn't be able to do, as long as no one else will get hurt..

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Learn from my sore ass of experience when I was a young'n, just be honest with them.

Are you old enough to legally buy tobacco/vapes where you live? Then you're an adult and you have the right to make that decision for yourself. If you are legally an adult and living in their house and they don't want you smoking/vaping in the house, then make an agreement with them to only do it outside or when you're not home. It's their house and therefore you should be living by their rules. They will respect you more if you can have a mature discussion about it.

If you're not old enough to legally buy tobacco/vapes, then you should be obeying the law and respecting your parents if they say you are not allowed to. Just sayin'...

But then again, I was raised the old school way and disobedience earned an ass-whooping with my Dad's leather belt or my Mom's wooden spoon.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Texas, ladies and gentlemen, Texas.

Yes, that IS what anyone with the mental capacity greater than a rock is saying. If it is relatively safe to do (or even if it isnt, get yourselves killed doing something stupid, you dumb fucks), you should be allowed to do it. I dont really give a shit what you or anyone else thinks i should or shouldn't be able to do, as long as no one else will get hurt..

its not that i think smoking weed is bad. 

weed is fucking awesome

what is bad is that like 90% of people who smoke weed are idiots about it and do too much and end up with a ruined life. 

-Jim Hensen

So like the title says my parents found 5 vapes in my room, yes 5.. They were are disposibles that had like .1% nicotine (Which you can't even get a buzz off of and they say on the package none in it) and my mom asked why I was and I told her it was a one time thing, but it's not, I have upgraded to a $130 vape with 3% nicotine and I don't want to stop. My parents don't seem mad at me since I told them it had no nic and that it's just vapor no smoke and doesn't smell. Tonight I didn't eat my dinner and my dad just joked "have you been smoking or something again". Do you guys think that they are mad? Where should I hide my 2 other vapes that are refillable and need to charge? Should I just let them know?

Welp, this is <assumption> America </assumption>, so you can do whatever the fuck you want to yourself and it's no one's business, not even your parents' if you don't want it to be. On that topic though, A true American hero once said that knowledge is power, so you should make sure you know exactly what you're getting into.

Nicotine will still fatigue the receptors in your brain, regardless of form, and on top of that you've just added another financial dependency to your life. Also, vaping is not healthy or safe, just not yet proven significantly dangerous. There's a big difference there. On top of this, inhaling high temperature vapor is not a good thing to do, and I know. I'm Persian and Persians have a ridiculous habit of drinking burning hot tea, and while the tea doesn't feel hot in the esophagus, it still causes considerable damage and has caused Persians to have a considerably high rate of esophagus cancer and stomach cancer. I don't have this problem because I oddly enough hate caffeine and therefore tea, but the point is that you can't feel the damage being dealt to your internal organs because the nerves there are built to detect different kinds of stimuli. Inhaling the hot vapor could have the same affect. Keep these things in mind when you consider what to do next.

Now, none of this is to say that vaping is a horrifically bad vice. Things like gambling, drinking, stress eating, and violence are much worse, so vaping to keep yourself distracted from certain aspects of life is actually one of the more responsible choices. Just be courteous to others, don't vape in your car while driving, and don't force other people to have to inhale or smell your vapor. 

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

how about not smoke?

This guy has got it right. 

It's no more harmful than alcohol.

Alcohol is harmful.  Anyone who uses it for recreation is idiotic. I'd rather have anyone smoke weed then drink alcohol. That being said both are addictive so, both are stupid beyond comprehension. Anything that is even slightly harmful for your body and addictive should not be used. 

Welp, this is <assumption> America </assumption>, so you can do whatever the fuck you want to yourself and it's no one's business, not even your parents' if you don't want it to be. 

Not necessarily true, if he is under 18 years of age, he is the responsibility of his parents. If they say no to something for whatever reason he is obligated to follow the rules set in place. 

As opposed to the hundreds of studies that have shown a 10-100 fold decrease in danger over cigarettes? 

You do realize less danger isn't no danger?!? It is much safer to jump off a train, then it is to jump off a plane at 30,000 feet. But just because jumping off a train is 100 fold more safe, doesn't make the act of jumping off a train safe. 

I would straight up and honest with your parents. They have a right to know, and its only fair if you do tell them. However, stick to the gaping over cigarettes, they're a lot less deadly. But, try to lower the dosage of nicotine gradually, until you no longer need it. It's the only real way to get off it unless you can go cold Turkey and have the determination to take our seriously.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

'If you're of legal age, there's not a damned thing they can do'

Lol, yeah, if you live alone and not in your parent's house, sure. You live in their house, their rules.

Sorry OP, seems like you're going to be addicted and you're already lying about it to others. You're asking a tech forum for help, where has this gotten you?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Like Trik'Stari said, do not start real cigarettes. Ever.

If you do, prepare for addiction, prepare to have a considerable part of your income go to cigarettes.... Just don't start, you have to have an iron will in this.

Nicotine isnt the crazy deadly chemical people make it out to be just dont go over board man

but really dont start real cigarettes those are bad do to all the chemicals in them

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

That aint smoking boy, that's nothing.

I smoke 2 packs a day, and own a 200+ vape, which I run the highest concentration of nicotine you can get.

If you're of legal age, they can't do a damned thing. Vape's (real vapes, not disposables) are harmless compared to real cigarettes (not saying they're safe, just saying they're basically nothing by comparison, I smoke two packs a day, believe me I know).

Don't, just don't. If you haven't been addicted, you don't have a single f**king clue what you're talking about.

I agree. My parents don't like that I smoke, but they smoke (everyone in my family does) and they just wish I hadn't picked up the same habit, as do I.

People (non smokers) always say "just quit" but have no idea what they're talking about. It's not just physiological addiction, is mental. If I don't smoke, I just.....feel like I need to be doing something with my hands, I've tried gum, I've tried my vape, you name it, I've tried it.

Was wondering if you could recommend a brand of Vape? Thinking of getting one because I mainly smoke for the something in my hands aspect, and a vape would be better for that

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

be honest with them, tell them you won't smoke inside of the house (doesn't matter if it's vape or smoke).

i think they're dissapointed, not mad.

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Here is a post I made a few months ago on smoking / radioactivity ..

Read it and watch the video .. I'm not judging you .. But you should watch the video .. Its awesome ..

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/305986-the-most-radioactive-place-in-the-world/

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :