Parents Caught Me Smoking....

CalebTheEternal

Vaping may not be as bad as real smoking, but im fairly sure there is definitly no health benefit

Its far better than regular smoking, but i still think one should be careful with addictive stuff like nicotine

Well, benefit? Nicotine boosts acetylcholine in the brain, helping to prevent Alzheimers. I'd say that's a benefit.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

One person does not mean everybody is like that

It has a lot to do with the way your body reacts to chemicals in cigarettes. 

Vaping is not safe or healthy, it's just not on the same scale as cigarettes. Nicotine is the last thing I would worry about in cigarettes, it is what is addictive in them, but that addiction goes away after a week. It's easier to never start smoking then to stop.

That aint smoking boy, that's nothing.

I smoke 2 packs a day, and own a 200+ vape, which I run the highest concentration of nicotine you can get.

If you're of legal age, they can't do a damned thing. Vape's (real vapes, not disposables) are harmless compared to real cigarettes (not saying they're safe, just saying they're basically nothing by comparison, I smoke two packs a day, believe me I know).

Don't, just don't. If you haven't been addicted, you don't have a single f**king clue what you're talking about.

I agree. My parents don't like that I smoke, but they smoke (everyone in my family does) and they just wish I hadn't picked up the same habit, as do I.

People (non smokers) always say "just quit" but have no idea what they're talking about. It's not just physiological addiction, is mental. If I don't smoke, I just.....feel like I need to be doing something with my hands, I've tried gum, I've tried my vape, you name it, I've tried it.

Well if he's 18 they can do someyhing, they can kick his ass out of the house. Their house their rules.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Well if he's 18 they can do someyhing, they can kick his ass out of the house. Their house their rules.

Possibly. There are always legal options in the US.

Although if that was the situation, he would probably be trying EVERYTHING to move out.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Possibly. There are always legal options in the US.

Although if that was the situation, he would probably be trying EVERYTHING to move out.

What do you mean legal options in the US? Homeless shelter?

And if he can't afford to live on his own then he probably isn't trying everything to move out.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

People (non smokers) always say "just quit" but have no idea what they're talking about. It's not just physiological addiction, is mental. If I don't smoke, I just.....feel like I need to be doing something with my hands, I've tried gum, I've tried my vape, you name it, I've tried it.

I still don't understand how people quit cold turkey, then again I've been smoking for ten years by now. Part of me thinks it's because my family smokes so I always have access to cigs, and can't just "cut myself off" for a long enough period of time to kick the nicotine habit.

How did you do it? Did you set up certain circumstances? (I think if I had a week to myself, ample supply of marijuana, internet and games, and no car, I could probably do it.)

I was a really heavy smoker for about 14 years before I quit smoking last year. Picked the bad habit from my dad who has been smoking since he was 9 no kidding. Not to brag or anything but I actually quit cold turkey. No nic patches, no vape no nothing (i dont even like vape). I just threw away my lighter and ashtray and anything related to cigarette one day and just stopped smoking completely because I felt like it. The cravings was obviously still there for first few weeks but it wasn't really that hard tbh. I still even hangout around people who smokes but I just refused to start smoking again. I think it's all in the mindset really. I happen to eat lots of fresh tropical fruits and drink plenty of plain water too as I think this does help with the withdrawal process. 

Quit while you still can imo

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Stop lying! I have a policy of almost universal truth, and its much easier....Lying becomes a habit waaaay too fast.

My Cousin is 26....And he is still bending backwards to make sure his parents don't find out about all his secrets .....It sounds exhausting.

Your claim about vapes not smelling is BS btw.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Gotta die from something. Better the death you choose eh?

To be perfectly honest, cancer can be cause by anything, it's the result of damage to our genes, and any being, however naturally long lived (as in the specific genes in their DNA responsible for cell replication don't degrade as ours do) will eventually run into the problem of cancer.

I still don't understand how people quit cold turkey, then again I've been smoking for ten years by now. Part of me thinks it's because my family smokes so I always have access to cigs, and can't just "cut myself off" for a long enough period of time to kick the nicotine habit.

How did you do it? Did you set up certain circumstances? (I think if I had a week to myself, ample supply of marijuana, internet and games, and no car, I could probably do it.)

There are just some people who have amazing will power.....My Grandfather is 85 now, and has been smoking since he was 14....

He has stopped smoking a few times during the last 20 years, and its always cold turkey and usually lasts for at least 9 months....How he just quit cold turkey after smoking for 60 fucking years, is amazing to me.

That I think its stupiud to quit that late in your life, is another thing....I think its life quality at that point.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Good on them for catching you, and they should get pissed off at you.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Stop lying! I have a policy of almost universal truth, and its much easier....Lying becomes a habit waaaay too fast.

My Cousin is 26....And he is still bending backwards to make sure his parents don't find out about all his secrets .....It sounds exhausting.

Your claim about vapes not smelling is BS btw.

The juice I get smells like fruit, it does have a distinct smell to it, but people usually don't know it unless they've used them.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

The juice I get smells like fruit, it does have a distinct smell to it, but people usually don't know it unless they've used them.

But they do smell.

But they do smell.

For a very short amount of time... then it's gone.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Not a smoker (well not cigarettes anyway) or a 'vaper'

I wouldn't be too fussed if my parents caught me vaping. There's under 16s who vape for the flavours but some of them do it for the nicotine. 

It shouldn't really be a big deal. As long as it doesn't become the only thing you do and waste your wallet away. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III