The MOST Compact Gaming PC - Titan X & 18 Core Xeon in a Shoebox

Vury Niice. Wikid power in the smallest space possible.

Camera was 100% in this video.

Much Good :P

Thanks!

Chris R.

idk if you can call this a gamig rig anymore with dat CPU.... It's now a folding rig. sorry linus.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Sooooo... Um.... Wow. I have no words.

That tiny thing is awesome. Of course a 5820x or a 4790k would be better. (Duh cpt obvious)

Aaaand 16Gig ram. (Again, cpt obvious)

But I always eyeballed with compact systems, and this just gave me a Kreygasm.

And as far as I could tell from your reactions, temps were also not only acceptable, but actually good? Hot diggidy!!

But you didn't mentions acoustics. Was it louder due to the lack of rubber dampeners?

And did you end up using that noctua fan? Where did it even fit?

Oh, and chat! Would you recommend such a compact build as a first ever pc build? I mean, is it more complicated than a normal midtower case to work in?

Or just in general. Is the compactness worth it over possible higher temps, if I don't intend on pushing it to the limits?

I was curious about the acoustics as well. Was it running in the background when Luke was going through the performance? 

Either way, I'm really excited for the case review. I love small form factors. Went with an Elite 130 for my first build, but I'll go smaller next time.

That's pretty small, but I'd like to see a build done in
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108113&cm_re=IN_WIN_ITX-_-11-108-113-_-Product

It's not much bigger than an ITX board itself. I'd imagine it would have to be done with an APU and some fast memory to get any decent gaming done in such a build.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

That thing is worth my entire house.

Damn.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I was curious about the acoustics as well. Was it running in the background when Luke was going through the performance? 

Either way, I'm really excited for the case review. I love small form factors. Went with an Elite 130 for my first build, but I'll go smaller next time.

mine is pretty quiet - its all about balancing fan vs temperature as usual

(EK Full motherboard watercooled ROG Impact+4790K+EK watercooled GTX980) 16GB G.Skill. EK reservoir, dual pumps, thick radiator, SFXL 500W, short cables, dust filters,  extra sound proofing, originally dual 730 256GB in raid 0 upgraded to generic 2x1TB in raid 0) - its a bugger of a build though!

Totally love these build logs way more than normal reviews/video very fun to watch.

Keep this type of content coming guys

Amazing video

Keep Up the awesome work Linustechtips TEAM!  

mine is pretty quiet - its all about balancing fan vs temperature as usual

(EK Full motherboard watercooled ROG Impact+4790K+EK watercooled GTX980) 16GB G.Skill. EK reservoir, dual pumps, thick radiator, SFXL 500W, short cables, dust filters,  extra sound proofing, originally dual 730 256GB in raid 0 upgraded to generic 2x1TB in raid 0) - its a bugger of a build though!

That is quite a punchy machine you got there. I haven't yet bothered trying to get my system quieter. Step one is unplug the 60mm side intake. I like that you said dust filters. I'm not sure if its people not caring to say they got some (for cases without) but it makes you seem like you care about your system and actually use it.

Will a 520W PSU be able to handle this?

I'm curious as to why the Silverstone SFX 520W 90+ Gold PSU was not used.

Will a 520W PSU be able to handle this?

I'm curious as to why the Silverstone SFX 520W 90+ Gold PSU was not used.

If you mean the 600W SFX, then yes. I'm using it for a 5930K and dual 980s.

They used the Corsair so they could use the sleeved cable set.

If you mean the 600W SFX, then yes. I'm using it for a 5930K and dual 980s.

They used the Corsair so they could use the sleeved cable set.

My bad, yes the SFX one. 5930k and Duo 980?!? Do you overclock that too?

I was thinking about the Seasonic 520W 90+ Platinum Fanless PSU. I wonder if it is enough for Linus' and your build.

My bad, yes the SFX one. 5930k and Duo 980?!? Do you overclock that too?

I was thinking about the Seasonic 520W 90+ Platinum Fanless PSU. I wonder if it is enough for Linus' and your build.

No, just stock clocks.

Maybe for Linus but that would be cutting it too close for mine.

Anyone know what wifi card that is?

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

Instead of a H80i, would a Fractal Design T12 fit instead? Is there any extra space to fit the larger end tank of the T12's radiator?

I was literally laughing and shaking my head while watching Linus and Luke cram all that hardware in such a small space. I was like "That's just wrong.. and yet, it's way too fun."

I want to build a rig, but I'm not a gamer.   :mellow:

First Post Yay

Any who here is a pcpartpicker list of their shoebox build for anybody crazy of to rebuild this tiny thing

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/micmou/saved/#view=6rWCmG

The motherboard is missing...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to build this ASRock X99E-ITX/ac into Lian Li's new PCO5s!  The case has room for two graphics cards.  I just need to find a way for the motherboard to recognize a PCI-e cable splitter.  The BIOS option is generally called PCI-e bifurcation and allows the x 16 slot to run as two x 8 slots.  If that's an option, I'd build this with two 980 ti cards and mod the case to fit an AX860i power supply.  Anyone with this board able to look into the BIOS and see whether the PCIE1 Link Speed adjustment allows "x8x8" rather than "x16?"  If so, it's a go!

Lian-Li-O-Series.jpg

Am I the only one who is seeing wrong post dates?

text shows 10 May 2015 on hovering the mouse shows 2015-05-10

Basically its showing date 1 month ahead of the actual post date

nevermind figured it out  :ph34r:

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

Wow. Well, you've convinced me to buy the case haha. 

Thinking of grabbing a SFX SX600-G - anyone here who has one like to comment on noise? How loud is it in a small case like this, with limited airflow?

Edit: Swapped to a SX500-LG.