Project CARS devs address AMD performance issues, AMD drivers to blame entirely, PhysX runs on CPU only, no GPU involvement whatsoever.

I can definitively state that PhysX within Project Cars does not offload any computation to the GPU on any platform, including NVIDIA. I'm not sure how the OP came to the conclusion that it does

From  @zMeul 's post.

All I can say is I know how he came to that conclusion.  He wants to become famous on reddit so he picked a little understood topic and made a big controversy out of it so all them little AMD fanboys would uptick his post.   It seems as I asked the question much earlier how could physx be crippling AMD GPUS when there are people who claim to be running the game just fine?  it turns out it probably isn't harming at all. 

@Humbug your thoughts?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So now it's shitflingin about PhysX and Advanced Physx?

Too bad I'm nearly completely without an opinion, haven't had a good internet argument in a while.

But do keep going, keeps me somewhat entertained.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Too bad I'm nearly completely without an opinion, haven't had a good internet argument in a while.

Some people like to argue for the sake of arguing-they should go into politics where they would be more relevant  :)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yep, and it doesn't even make sense PhysX never effected AMD cards the best example is Hitman Absolution which uses PhysX as the main engine but is an AMD title and even runs bad on Nvidia cards:

hitman_performance_19x10_fixed.png

Not to mention that Unreal Engine 3 and 4 also use PhysX as the main engine and it never effect AMD cards but now suddenly with Project Cars its the problem I highly doubt it.

RTX2070OC 

Yep, and it doesn't even make sense PhysX never effected AMD cards the best example is Hitman Absolution which uses PhysX as the main engine but is an AMD title and even runs bad on Nvidia cards:

...pic snip...

Not to mention that Unreal Engine 3 and 4 also use PhysX as the main engine and it never effect AMD cards but now suddenly with Project Cars its the problem I highly doubt it.

I thought it was the Gameworks implementation? PhysX has never been an issue before.

I thought it was the Gameworks implementation? PhysX has never been an issue before.

PhysX is simply bundled as part of Gameworks, it seems to be the only part of it that's actually being talked about, not the other Gameworks features.

PMSL

The issue has forever been Advanced PhysX on AMD cards. Never the basic engine. Go and try Metro: Last Light with Advanced PhysX.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Gameworks is just the name Nvidia uses now for all of their software including PhysX, APEX, and FLEX.

Project Cars uses PhysX it's exactly the same as it has been for years.

RTX2070OC 

PhysX is simply bundled as part of Gameworks, it seems to be the only part of it that's actually being talked about, not the other Gameworks features.

And that is probably because the other gameworks features have been proven not to effect AMD GPU's, so they moved their argument to physx, where it seems they have hit another wall.   I wonder what they blame next?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And that is probably because the other gameworks features have been proven not to effect AMD GPU's, so they moved their argument to physx, where it seems they have hit another wall.   I wonder what they blame next?

They only have ground to stand on if the game is using PhysX simulation for stuff like rain. I say rain because I've seen reports from Radeon users who say they only drop FPS whenever it rains, and it's a very significant drop.

I said that a looooooooong time ago but you know, I can't be reasonable since I get paid by Nvidia to defend them.

nVidia rep, on reddit, said: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/366iqs/nvidia_gameworks_project_cars_and_why_we_should/crc3ro1

so, I wanted to test it for myself,

8Ng4wBx.png

NXAdhPz.png

yes, I know .. the system is not top-notch -_- ; highest settings, 1080p, Vsync OFF, MSAA

• CPU: Intel Q9550 @2.8Ghz
  • RAM: 8GB DDR2 800Mhz
  • Video Card: Gigabyte GTX970 G1 @factory defaults
  • drivers: GeForce 347.88 / PhysX 09.14.0702

Whoa whoa, what are you doing with facts here they have no place in the current circlejerk!

/s

Thanks for that. Pretty amusing you get better results with CPU.

I'm amused that your FPS is higher running PhysX on your CPU, and that me and Vic were correct in what we said. Thanks for the data.

Well would you look at that, facts.

I don't understand how people get off on spouting misinformation and sheer bullshit all over the place.

I'm still astounded we have a few special flowers who don't understand that AMD not licensing CUDA means more harm to them then good. Nvidia is pushing CUDA and a lot of software makers are embracing it even with OpenCL.

Not Nvidias problem that AMDA REFUSED to license CUDA and thus get proper access to PhysX accelerations back in the day.

And that is probably because the other gameworks features have been proven not to effect AMD GPU's, so they moved their argument to physx, where it seems they have hit another wall. I wonder what they blame next?

They'll blame that new lighting engine that Nvidia introduced. Just you wait and see.

They only have ground to stand on if the game is using PhysX simulation for stuff like rain. I say rain because I've seen reports from Radeon users who say they only drop FPS whenever it rains, and it's a very significant drop.

I said that a looooooooong time ago but you know, I can't be reasonable since I get paid by Nvidia to defend them.

I get paid by Samsung I don't even defend them as bad as the AMD defence force mobilizes for AMD. It's amusing. I wonder what they'll blame next.

Well would you look at that, facts.

I don't understand how people get off on spouting misinformation and sheer bullshit all over the place.

I'm still astounded we have a few special flowers who don't understand that AMD not licensing CUDA means more harm to them then good. Nvidia is pushing CUDA and a lot of software makers are embracing it even with OpenCL.

Not Nvidias problem that AMDA REFUSED to license CUDA and thus get proper access to PhysX accelerations back in the day.

What irritates me is that Nvidia is the only one pushing for more and better technology while AMD quite honestly has their thumb up their ass.

Aside from of course people thinking PhysX = PhysX = PhysX around and around when it's simply untrue.

They'll blame that new lighting engine that Nvidia introduced. Just you wait and see.

I get paid by Samsung I don't even defend them as bad as the AMD defence force mobilizes for AMD. It's amusing. I wonder what they'll blame next.

AMD defense force. Lmfao

What irritates me is that Nvidia is the only one pushing for more and better technology while AMD quite honestly has their thumb up their ass.

Aside from of course people thinking PhysX = PhysX = PhysX around and around when it's simply untrue.

Took the words out of my mouth: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/368397-nvidia-under-attack-again-for-gameworks-in-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/?p=4988604

What irritates me is that Nvidia is the only one pushing for more and better technology while AMD quite honestly has their thumb up their ass.

If Unreal 4, Frostbite 3, or really any advanced engine could do this on their own, the industry would be better off. But they haven't.

So we're supposed to bitch at Nvidia for taking the initiative? Lol. Nvidia even incorporates physx into full scale engines as the physics engine. If anything, we should applaud the move away from outdated Havok.

It's a open market. Compete.

And all the people sitting here saying "DAE BLACKBOX?!?" Piss off. Does Pepsk ask Coca Cola to reveal their trade secret? Hell no. So why do you think Nvidia will reveal what Gameworks APIs are up to, to AMD of all companies?

AMD can't get off their asses to incorporate CUDA (Intel did, it'll be handy) yet they (and their defence force) go around crying that CUDA based implements don't work well for them.

Top fucking lol.

If Unreal 4, Frostbite 3, or really any advanced engine could do this on their own, the industry would be better off. But they haven't.

So we're supposed to bitch at Nvidia for taking the initiative? Lol. Nvidia even incorporates physx into full scale engines as the physics engine. If anything, we should applaud the move away from outdated Havok.

It's a open market. Compete.

And all the people sitting here saying "DAE BLACKBOX?!?" Piss off. Does Pepsk ask Coca Cola to reveal their trade secret? Hell no. So why do you think Nvidia will reveal what Gameworks APIs are up to, to AMD of all companies?

AMD can't get off their asses to incorporate CUDA (Intel did, it'll be handy) yet they (and their defence force) go around crying that CUDA based implements don't work well for them.

Top fucking lol.

Hell at least UE4 has full GameWorks implementation and it looks damn good. And god-forbid if Havok because the standard again, we'll be back in the stone age in terms of technology. But if that's what all these people want..

Hell at least UE4 has full GameWorks implementation and it looks damn good. And god-forbid if Havok because the standard again, we'll be back in the stone age in terms of technology. But if that's what all these people want..

In b4 people cry that Unreal Engine 4 is Nvidia biased and Epic games are filthy peasants who hate AMD.

Does Pepsk ask Coca Cola to reveal their trade secret? 

w0000w Coca Cola's ingredients and process isn't open-source???? wtf??? omfg we're on our way to sodas only being Coca Cola exclusive!!!1!

w0000w Coca Cola's ingredients and process isn't open-source???? wtf??? omfg we're on our way to sodas only being Coca Cola exclusive!!!1!

The funny thing is PhysX is open source and people are still complaining and saying it's Nvidia's fault.

RTX2070OC 

The funny thing is PhysX is open source and people are still complaining and saying it's Nvidias fault.

Everything is Nvidia's fault.

California's drought was Nvidia's fault. AMD had to come in and make it rain.

The irony is that Coke basically owns the market and only Keeps Pepsi around for the sake of perceived competition.

No one gives a fuck about Pepsi. At all. It's 2nd rate as a corporation and it's everyone's 2nd choice if Coke says no.

Let's start a riot at the WD-40 factory..

The funny thing is PhysX is open source and people are still complaining and saying it's Nvidia's fault.

Pretty much AMD has no one to blame but itself for all of the problems they are having. Its not Nvidia's fault that AMD hasn't innovated in years.

PMSL

Pretty much AMD has no one to blame but itself for all of the problems they are having. Its not Nvidia's fault that AMD hasn't innovated in years.

But tressFX though :S

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?