Ask a Brit (person from Britain!) anything! (Keep it clean)

DDR3RAMpager

Oh, ok. Thanks! I can now see why you though I was trying to increase my post count (post farming?)

No problem, enjoy the forum!

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Is smoking cannabis still a problem over there xD

Interested in Business and Technology

Does that include The rhyming slang that goes with it.

That it does

Oh, I do it properly with tea leaves in a tea pot. So yeah water. But milk first in the cup?

Was actually going to add that on the end, but I didn't think you were on about a pot. Milk first if its out of a pot, yeah.

Is smoking cannabis still a problem over there xD

What do you mean by a problem. Law doesn't like it or its just prevalent?

That it does

In which case I must say I do like it. Unfortunately it is less common then it used to be since the advent of MLE and the effects of dialect levelling.

People in england call americans fat but I went to england and people there are just as fat. what gives?

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

ok, why do you pronounce router as "rooter" ? i can get down on all the other quirky pronunciations like alluminium but that one just erks me. 

People in england call americans fat but I went to england and people there are just as fat. what gives?

Brit's (not including me) are generally morons, the minority aren't though, also how come you came to this crap land?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

ok, why do you pronounce router as "rooter" ? i can get down on all the other quirky pronunciations like alluminium but that one just erks me. 

Because it is 'rooter' how Americans pronounce that irritates me so we are both erked about the same thing pretty much lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Well, to cut a long story short the reason Americans say aluminum is because of a spelling mistake in the first dictionary publication including it as a word as well as a couple of poorly spelled import advertisements.

Is it true that most British people do not like foreigners? Especially from India/Pakistan?

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Is it true that most British people do not like foreigners? Especially from India/Pakistan?

Um, well, that is for the individual to decide.

Um, well, that is for the individual to decide.

Just something I heard from my parents who lived there for 5 years while going to a university there. They told me that they got treated very badly and they were made fun of where ever they went. 

Not planning on going there anytime soon...

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Yea but like I said, they are generally morons lol

How hard would you say it would be for a young american to move over there and fit in to the culture? and also find a place to live and find a job?

Just something I heard from my parents who lived there for 5 years while going to a university there. They told me that they got treated very badly and they were made fun of where ever they went. 

Not planning on going there anytime soon...

I'm assuming your parents are American going on your location. Generally in the uk we have no problems with Americans as long as they are not the arrogant, we are better than you, America rules the world, your country is shit kind :)

I'm assuming your parents are American going on your location. Generally in the uk we have no problems with Americans as long as they are not the arrogant, we are better than you, America rules the world, your country is shit kind :)

nope they are Pakistani. We moved to America a couple years after I was born. 

How hard would you say it would be for a young american to move over there and fit in to the culture? and also find a place to live and find a job?

To be honest our cultures are both very similar, just less, well, American (no gun culture, few important founding documents, devoted to our country but not the flag, less drive throughs)

nope they are Pakistani. We moved to America a couple years after I was born.

Well then I can understand why they weren't treated perhaps as well as they should have been. Unfortunately a minority in our country has become very prejudice against middle Easters and those if Asian origin. Kind if sad.

*oops double post*

no i think your thinking of the "English defence league" which are just a bunch of numb nuts, most of the population is very multicultural.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

no i think your thinking of the "English defence league" which are just a bunch of numb nuts, most of the population is very multicultural.

Or UKIP, BNP and others. We definitely are more accepting then we used to be.

Is this just a thread to boost your post count?  Stop double posting.

by the way this thread is in "off topic" so posts don't add to your post count.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Well. If that's the case can I suggest using a Scottish accent. They're part of Britain after all. Even if some of them want to be independent!

Scotland > england we will never be part of britain. VOTE FOR INDEPENDENCE LOL CMON THE SCOTS :)

by the way this thread is in "off topic" so posts don't add to your post count.

I didn't know that, thanks.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10