off topic-- Turbo diesel questions

adamsjus1

Call me what you want, I am just going on my A - opinion and B - experience in the industry and C - everyone I know who has bought a car or discussed buying a car with me, and everbody I know who owns a car so....yeah

But fair enough I respect some people may just not care about that aspect

My issue isn't with you preferring lower mileage.. it's saying that over 100k is a large number... It plainly isn't on a diesel engine (with proper maintenance)

Is lower mileage desireable.. yes, obviously.. it means the car has been used less but that doesn't mean it will either be in good condition or that your view of "high mileage" cars is correct.

EG, if I had the option of buying your Audi and another with half the miles at the same price.. Obviously I'd go for the other (as long as the spec and condition were the same)

If however, yours was significantly cheaper.. Then it would be yours.. No question (especially if they were both around the same condition)

Mileage is a small part of the overall picture. Condition and maintenance are much more important when buying and then there is budget.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

.. it's saying that over 100k is a large number... It plainly isn't on a diesel engine (with proper maintenance)

Sure diesel high mileage is much better than petrol but the UK is mostly stop start journeys, short trips which are not good for diesels (specially those with EGR valves which easily get clogged up)

I just asked 3 friends on skype and my mum and dad ... they consider 100k high, my dad bought his BMW 2.5l TD with 80k and ran it to 300k but that was a work car that had to be serviced every few months, for his own personal car he would never consider it

I also know cars at auction over like 60-80k are tough to sell unless the price is considerably low and if I did a survey I bet most people would agree with me

Can you buy a diesel with 100k on and run it for 500k miles? SURE, of course, but I am certain (again in my opinion) that most UK people consider 100k high milage

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Sure diesel high mileage is much better than petrol but the UK is mostly stop start journeys, short trips which are not good for diesels (specially those with EGR valves which easily get clogged up)

And diesel particulate filters get clogged up and exhausts rot due to short journeys, then you've got body rot and corrosion if you spend a lot of time on b roads.