Pc vs Consoles

the21robot

Hi guys, List all the reasons that you know about consoles and PCs in a non bias way, so I can prove to my friend that PC is better!  :)

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

pc gets indie games and steam sales 

ps4 wont do 4k

keyboard and mouse are so much nicer

there are a gazillion more

You spend $400 for a console that can game. 

You spend $600 on a PC and you can do everything on it.

Thats argument enough to me

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Because I can play all console games on my pc using different controllers for different games (i.e. PS2 games with PS3 controller, Xbox360 games with Xbox360 controller)

I can even use joystick, racing wheel.

I can set it to my TV if I wanted to, but honestly in front of my desk with my monitor - I'm happy :)

PS. I have peripheral issues (I use 2 mice, 1 xbox controller, 1 ps3 controller, 1 joy stick that are always attached)

oh and if you have a decent computer, no lag :D

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

I used to play 360 only, as my old PC couldn't do anything besides RS/extremely low end games.. Games like black ops 2/ battlefield 3 on console made me sick after I played for awhile, because of the frame rates/ the way graphics and lighting effects were (i think)  when I built the pc in my sig, ever since I haven't had any issues in the same games.

I also really like the feel of console controllers, but the amount of things you can do with a keyboard and mouse are a completely different ballgame, the dropshotting/ accuracy/ maneuvers you can do are so much better.

Also the fact that you can expand to multiple screens and do more than just play a game, is very nice, the streaming experience is great when you can watch your stream+ talk to them at the same time.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Pc Pro:

-More Games (Inde)

-Cheaper Games

-Better Graphics

-Better FPS (If used correctly)

-More accurate controls (Mouse for shooters) 

-Connect a controller if you want.

-Customizable 

-Online play is better (Moderators, ect.)

-Multitasking (Pause a game, switch to browser, play music ect.)

-Better Playerbase

Console:

-Cheap Initial Cost

-Easier to play co-op games together

-Easier Online play (no scrolling through server menus and selecting a clan's server, ect.)

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

This has been discussed numerous times. In the console gaming section, there's a pinned thread on PC gaming advantages.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Hi guys, List all the reasons that you know about consoles and PCs in a non bias way, so I can prove to my friend that PC is better!  :)

listen man....people have been enjoying console gaming since the dawn of time...atari, nes, genesis the first ping pong paddle gaming system...whatever. I'm mainly a PC gamer first but there is nothing wrong with consoles. They are a good platform when you have friends over and you can hook it up to a large screen tv and play some competitive games on the couch.  

And exclusives...that's another reason. People need to grow up, I think.

listen man....people have been enjoying console gaming since the dawn of time...atari, nes, genesis the first ping pong paddle gaming system...whatever. I'm mainly a PC gamer first but there is nothing wrong with consoles. They are a good platform when you have friends over and you can hook it up to a large screen tv and play some competitive games on the couch.  

And exclusives...that's another reason. People need to grow up, I think.

true it is far more inconvenient to have a lan party when you can just play split screen on a console. Only problem with that is me and my friends get together and play the old consoles rather then the new ones. We play things on the n64 and virtual console on the wii should just do as Linus does and just  "dust off" some of the old games.

Is there any real difference between a mid end PC and a new console besides the OS?

Is there any real difference between a mid end PC and a new console besides the OS?

Consoles will have better game optimization.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Consoles will have better game optimization.

PC can run Linux :)

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

PC can run Linux :)

And?

The most logical thing to buy PC:

No matter how much you love console, you will spend another cost for PC. $400 for console, and let's say $400 for a simple PC. That way you can buy a decent one for gaming with hell obviously tons of feature that you can't get from a console

and you can really game on that...

You can, Steam is on Linux you know.

You will not find a pc that can match this for style:

atari-woody.jpg

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You can, Steam is on Linux you know.

ya i know but still most games are not on it and it hasn't been on it for long lol

No PC will beat a N64 or SNES....not even emulators can replace those 

My Cooler Master: CPU: AMD FX-6300 @ 4.0Ghz (stock cooler) | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB @ 975Mhz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz | HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 7 Professional | Mobo: MSI 970A-G43

PC:

-Keyboard and mouse are way better for EVERYTHING.

-Upgrade ability

-Cheaper games and better sales

-Better sound quality

-Higher res ability.

-Can do things other than game

Console:

-Can has split screen for playing wiff fwiends. (Note, some PC titles are starting to do this too.)

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

ya i know but still most games are not on it and it hasn't been on it for long lol

WINE?

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

And?

OP says what is PC better for, can you run Linux on xbox360?

Green Machine

OP says what is PC better for, can you run Linux on xbox360?

Technically, you are.

WINE?

I have never really heard of people having much luck with emulating windows to play games( far out of date on linux at this point)