HP launches new desktop with AMD R9 380 GPU

ahhming

Look how excited everyone is of new AMD cards... every time... way more exited than for nvidia cards

Everyone is waiting for new AMD cards to be able to buy a little bit cheaper nvidia cards

It's mostly the business competition between Intel and AMD that everyone is worried about.  And also Team Red hoping that they're glorious lord and savior can make something worthwhile to savor the AMD name.

Hasn't it already been established that the new 380/X is going to be a re-branded and tweaked 290/X (Hawaii)? I thought that was already known for some time now. Not sure why people are speculating it could be anything else. Especially since they make it an option next to the 980. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I'll laugh so hard if it a type from marketing department. But if it not, I want to see the card already!

Hard to find, but they will launch on June 10th with a starting price of 899.

Indicating a Computex launch.

Second note, there will also be systems with an AMD R7 A330 or A360 GPU.

Never heard of these types, what are they?

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

It will be -very- interesting if a base R9 380 is able to compete head to head with a 980.  There've been so many rumors over the last few months of half if not all being rebrands and then the rumors of earlier saying they'll be all new, but--if the 380 can compete with a 980.. I can only imagine the 380x will be some -insane- value, and the 390 / 390x will be competing against the Titan X, or sailing past it for a much cheaper price-point.  (Even $700-$800).  All speculation of course, but very exciting.  That and I kind of like that case's brushed metal.

I wouldn't count on that.

I'd expect 390X performance to be very similar to what Hexus.net posted as their April fools 3DFX voodoo reloaded benchmarks and for a 380 and 380X to be a rebranded Hawaii, I mean scrapping the Hawaii architecture altogether after a single run would be financial suicide for them. 

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Wow, I wonder when we see benchmarks

Holding on upgrade on GTX 970, want to see what AMD has to offer

That's exactly what I am doing, see what AMD have to offer around that price to performance range and get the best out of the options.

Do not buy this product.  Seriously build a pc yourself or pay $50 for NCIX or whoever to build it for you.  All I have seen is misery for people who buy this crap.

I don't have an issue with HP, Dell, and others making high end products if they're actually good. Not everyone's in a position where they can build their own PC or even choose what goes into it. My problem is when you have a PC that costs a grand and has an FX 6300 and a 750 Ti in it.

I don't necessarily mind the HP Envy Phoenix. It's expensive, sure, but you always pay a premium when it's built for you. If you actually look around the case it looks like it's been designed by people who at least acknowledge that airflow and cooling are important.

I'm going to wait to see if this actually is shit before proclaiming it.

No new info but Tomshardsware do a piece on the new HP Envy Phoenix desktops for gamer. Funny thing that the r9 380 is  in the same top tier GPU on offer as the GTX980 and is available with a closed-loop cooler. This should means that the R9 300 series is really close to release and maybe offer much more performance (likely) as the top end Maxwell GPUs for Hp to bundle the 380 in the same bracket as the 980

HP-Desktops_w_600.jpg

Sauce:http://www.tomsguide.com/us/hp-envy-phoenix-specs-price,news-20860.html

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

I thought the r9 380(x) was going to be the same as the r9 290(x)

I thought the r9 380(x) was going to be the same as the r9 290(x)

I'm fairly certain I remember hearing that as well.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm fairly certain I remember hearing that as well.

They did it with the r9 280(x)

AMD already said the 300 series will launch alongside Windows 10, which will release late June.

Its funny, I was about to go down and say that :P 

This is like the 10th post along these lines with random "leaks" and "confirmations" 

:P

I don't have an issue with HP, Dell, and others making high end products if they're actually good. Not everyone's in a position where they can build their own PC or even choose what goes into it. My problem is when you have a PC that costs a grand and has an FX 6300 and a 750 Ti in it.

I don't necessarily mind the HP Envy Phoenix. It's expensive, sure, but you always pay a premium when it's built for you. If you actually look around the case it looks like it's been designed by people who at least acknowledge that airflow and cooling are important.

I'm going to wait to see if this actually is shit before proclaiming it.

That at first look actually looks really sweet.

Except for one thing:

post-8505-0-42688400-1430756704.png

Let me zoom that in for you:

post-8505-0-13008200-1430756704.png

Bahaha, kind of a big typo, no?

All kidding aside, it's still actually a solid deal for a pre-built.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Do not buy this product.  Seriously build a pc yourself or pay $50 for NCIX or whoever to build it for you.  All I have seen is misery for people who buy this crap.

That's because they buy the cheap stuffs and then complain it's crap. Well yeah it's crap as you do get what you pay for. Their premium models are better, but 99% of the time, these people won't buy them as it's too expensive. What they buy are those $200-$300 models, with some so cheap that even the OS is free (Win8.1 w/Bing).

Back on topic

With HP mostly building their machines down a assembly line. I wonder who are the lucky ones that gets a chance to install a CPU AIO or get to play with overclocking a CPU. I mean if you work at assembly line for a few years and your job was to install a CPU fan cooler, it must be exciting when you get to install CPU AIO cooler. :D

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

That's because they buy the cheap stuffs and then complain it's crap. Well yeah it's crap as you do get what you pay for. Their premium models are better, but 99% of the time, these people won't buy them as it's too expensive. What they buy are those $200-$300 models, with some so cheap that even the OS is free (Win8.1 w/Bing).

Back on topic

With HP mostly building their machines down a assembly line. I wonder who are the lucky ones that gets a chance to install a CPU AIO or get to play with overclocking a CPU. I mean if you work at assembly line for a few years and your job was to install a CPU fan cooler, it must be exciting when you get to install CPU AIO cooler. :D

I did see reference on Asetek's website to making an HP branded AIO for an Envy Pheonix, but I can't find any reference on HP's website any more so I'm assuming they've stopped. They only seem to use locked variants of Intel CPUs, too, so I can't say there's much of a point.

Look how excited everyone is of new AMD cards... every time... way more exited than for nvidia cards

Everyone is waiting for new AMD cards to be able to buy a little bit cheaper nvidia cards

Ummmmmmm, no? I'm waiting for new AMDcards because I want a new AMD card. Nvidia is quite predictable.

- snip-

That at first look actually looks really sweet.

Except for one thing:

HP_ENVY_Phoenix_Desktop_810-370na.png

Let me zoom that in for you:

2GB_drive_lulz.png

Bahaha, kind of a big typo, no?

All kidding aside, it's still actually a solid deal for a pre-built.

Ugggghhhhh. They always slap a 4790 with a sub par gpu in these systems don't they. Cus after all, i7s are the best for gaming! And what is this GPU crap anyway?

/s

- snip-

Ugggghhhhh. They always slap a 4790 with a sub par gpu in these systems don't they. Cus after all, i7s are the best for gaming! And what is this GPU crap anyway?

/s

You should see the crap that PC Shops sell as "Gaming PC's". Makes these OEM pre-builts look like a custom Linus PC. This one local shop was selling an x58 Intel i7 CPU + a GTX 750, with 4GB of RAM... for $1800. It didn't even have an SSD - and it had a 1200 Watt PSU. What a mess! So unbalanced.

At least this HP ENVY desktop is somewhat balanced. The GTX 770 might not have much VRAM, but it's still a pretty powerful GPU (Remember, it's the same core as GTX 680).

Anyway, I digress.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You should see the crap that PC Shops sell as "Gaming PC's". Makes these OEM pre-builts look like a custom Linus PC. This one local shop was selling an x58 Intel i7 CPU + a GTX 750, with 4GB of RAM... for $1800. It didn't even have an SSD - and it had a 1200 Watt PSU. What a mess! So unbalanced.

At least this HP ENVY desktop is somewhat balanced. The GTX 770 might not have much VRAM, but it's still a pretty powerful GPU (Remember, it's the same core as GTX 680).

Anyway, I digress.

Remember it's also an old product. At the time the Envy was put together the GTX 770 was the third most powerful Nvidia card that wasn't a Titan. The 770 was the performance card that made sense unless you really wanted to push 1440p. This GPU and a Haswell Refresh i7 is decent.

Seems too good to be true

Ikr. Can't wait for AMD's reveal on their new gpus for crying out loud lol.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Anyway, I digress.

Yeah, I know. At a local shop here there's a system with a 4790k and a 750. And my friend bought one with a 650ti and i3 for $1500!

- snip-