Do 12 year old kids with quad titans bother you too?

JewishBacon

I cant be the only one on here who is severely bothered by all these spoiled kids whose parents pay 5 grand for them to play minecraft on 64 gigs of Dom Plats.  

if you got your kid a baller overkill pc please explain yourself.

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

Some parents just got money I guess

And it keeps them busy so they don't annoy them

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

I'm 17, but I've been into computers since I was around 10 (Pentium4 Hype?). I worked my ass off with part time jobs (bearing in mind minimum wage here is $32USD) during my Middle and High school to afford what I have today without borrowing a dime. I guess it's different for people who've got richer parents - Who are we to tell people how to spend their cash?

Personally, While I don't exactly plan to buy any future kids Quad Titans (especially seeing as I cant have kids of my own), I'd probably be alright with a $700ish build and I'd hope to pass the passion on.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Why you feel any parent is obligated to explain to you is beyond me. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Some parents just got money I guess

And it keeps them busy so they don't annoy them

Basically this. If you make that much money, you are way too busy for kids.

Source: I grew up in a rich neighborhood

Why you feel any parent is obligated to explain to you is beyond me. 

im just confused. I knew lots of kids growing up that would purposefully DESTROY perfectly fine electronics to get the new updated version the next year. Helping them is fine, but just dropping thousands on them for their own hobby does not do a whole lot to teach them about work or the value of a dollar. 

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

If you were a parent and well off enough to buy your kids the expensive stuff they want you probably would. Sure it can be frustrating seeing it from the outside but it doesn't mean you should dislike them for it.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

I do think times are changing, while yes quad titans are a bit silly, you just need to look at the "iPhone" culture... Back in my day you had a Nokia 3310 and you were happy that you could play snake! Now I see children pestering their parents for the latest generation of iPhone because... well.... just because

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

im just confused. I knew lots of kids growing up that would purposefully DESTROY perfectly fine electronics to get the new updated version the next year. Helping them is fine, but just dropping thousands on them for their own hobby does not do a whole lot to teach them about work or the value of a dollar. 

Last I heard, wealth change how a person think.

I'm not rich, I don't know how rich parents think. I work my arse off and save for expensive toys, for me the value of a dollar is is the amount of hardship you gone through.

On the other hand, my boss who probably earn in 2 weeks more than what I would have earn in a year once said something like "a dollar is only worth a dollar if you spend that dollar". He said that if you do not use it (or invest it), it's just a figure. It boggles my mind.

I do think times are changing, while yes quad titans are a bit silly, you just need to look at the "iPhone" culture... Back in my day you had a Nokia 3310 and you were happy that you could play snake! Now I see children pestering their parents for the latest generation of iPhone because... well.... just because

Because.... they get what they want. The minute you let anyone lacking "real life experience" (Aka, children - usually) feel like they can have what they want, without earning it, they will want it and pester and annoy until they get it. 

My kids are getting dumbphones/moto G - type devices. If they want something better....they can earn it. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Basically this. If you make that much money, you are way too busy for kids.

Source: I grew up in a rich neighborhood

Can confirm. Grew up with parents who made good money and they were always busy.

I did work for my first computer though.

I cant be the only one on here who is severely bothered by all these spoiled kids whose parents pay 5 grand for them to play minecraft on 64 gigs of Dom Plats.  

if you got your kid a baller overkill pc please explain yourself.

It is their money and their children, why do they have to explain themselves to a stranger on the internet?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yes, it's bad parenting.

I'm 17, but I've been into computers since I was around 10 (Pentium4 Hype?). I worked my ass off with part time jobs (bearing in mind minimum wage here is $32USD) during my Middle and High school to afford what I have today without borrowing a dime. I guess it's different for people who've got richer parents - Who are we to tell people how to spend their cash?

Personally, While I don't exactly plan to buy any future kids Quad Titans (especially seeing as I cant have kids of my own), I'd probably be alright with a $700ish build and I'd hope to pass the passion on.

I'm 17 as well and I don't let my parents spend a dime on my computer or my games. If they want to they can't!

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

No. You know why? Because I know that I will be the one to have to build the damn PC that has those specs (okay maybe I do get a little jealous)... AND I COULD OF GOTTEN A TON OF MONEY OFF OF IT. THE PARENTS DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT A $3,000 PC SHOULD COST TO BUILD. THEY OFFERED $8,000 USD.  :lol:  I told them that A $3,000 PC should cost $3,200. I then told them that I would not build it because their child doesn't deserved it. After they said reasons their son deserves it, I recommended a $600 Mid-High End gaming PC.

(HE WAS GOING TO PLAY FLASH GAMES AND MINECRAFT.  F*CKING MINECRAFT)

EDIT: Some stuff I left out:

The kid tried to punch me in the face, and ended up destroying a school monitor. I told them "He doesn't deserve it because of any thing that he has done to the schools computers, to me, and to my friends. He gets a lot less punishment than any other student in the school. He gets in so many fights, and he's a bully." And then I gave them the recommendation. I may of being a douche, but I had to speak for my friends, as this kid, was one of the biggest bullies in the school. 

$34 an hour?  I get 9.25 where I work, minimum is 8.75.. 

My computer is my Christmas and birthday money that I saved one year (before I got a job)

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

$34 an hour?  I get 9.25 where I work, minimum is 8.75.. 

My computer is my Christmas and birthday money that I saved one year (before I got a job)

We have very high minimum wages here :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

We have very high minimum wages here :)

Not so much in the United States

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

I then told them that I would not build it because their child doesn't deserved it.

Isn't that kinda douchy? Judging their kid based on them or nothing.

Sure, whether or not he needs it is a whole another topic, you're right at that, but if he deserves it is kinda out of your grasp.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Isn't that kinda douchy? Judging their kid based on them or nothing.

Sure, whether or not he needs it is a whole another topic, you're right at that, but if he deserves it is kinda out of your grasp.

The kid tried to punch me in the face, and ended up destroying a school monitor. I told them (not in the post) "He doesn't deserve it because of any thing that he has done to the schools computers, to me, and to my friends. He gets a lot less punishment than any other student in the school. He gets in so many fights, and he's a bully." And then I gave them the recommendation. I may of being a douche, but I had to speak for my friends, as this kid, was one of the biggest bullies in the school.