best drift game for the pc?

BestBOTEU

so im planning on purchasing another game soon and i want to know what the best and most realistic drift game for the pc, i know forza is really good but its only for the xbox.

thanks in advance

edit: i also want a game with alot of customization but i think im asking for too much haha

GTA V

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

GTA V

topkek, dont get me wrong i love gta (got 100 hours on it already) but its no where close to a close and realistic drifting experience

Need for Speed Carbon has customization and drifting.

Also, Need for Speed Shift (dunno about 2).

144Hz goodness

so im planning on purchasing another game soon and i want to know what the best and most realistic drift game for the pc, i know forza is really good but its only for the xbox.

thanks in advance

edit: i also want a game with alot of customization but i think im asking for too much haha

Dirt 2 or 3, Grid seems decent

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

GTA v is pretty good also grid 2 or dirt rally which is new or next car game : wreckfest

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

topkek, dont get me wrong i love gta (got 100 hours on it already) but its no where close to a close and realistic drifting experience

Dirt 3 is good

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

thanks in advance

If you have a wheel, then the only games you should really look at for drifting are

1. Live for speed: Has a wealth of mods available to it, and is considered as one of the best racing games for drifting. It also has a fairly good community behind it for drifting. It is a tad aged though

https://youtu.be/kU1FiurDZ0s 

2. R factor: Same as above really, and just as aged

3: Assetto Corsa: The newest game on the block that has already got a fairly decent drifting community behind it. It looks good, as it is newer than the other two. It also has a wealth of mods already, though some of the more niche mods are a tad harder to find. The modding communities from both Rfactor and live for speed are slowly moving over to assetto corsa, so expect even more mods for it in the future. 

It is possible to play these games with a control pad by the way, but it takes more work to get a setup that feels good. But these are the 3 games I would recommend for drifting. If you are looking for a game with the size car list and customization available within Forza and Gran Turismo on PC, then you are going to be a little hard done by. There is only really shift and shift 2 that offer that sort of gameplay, and even then; it is limited in comparison to Forza and Gran Turismo. Hope this has helped you out though.

Grid autosport.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

If you have a wheel, then the only games you should really look at for drifting are

1. Live for speed: Has a wealth of mods available to it, and is considered as one of the best racing games for drifting. It also has a fairly good community behind it for drifting. It is a tad aged though

2. R factor: Same as above really, and just as aged

3: Assetto Corsa: The newest game on the block that has already got a fairly decent drifting community behind it. It looks good, as it is newer than the other two. It also has a wealth of mods already, though some of the more niche mods are a tad harder to find. The modding communities from both Rfactor and live for speed are slowly moving over to assetto corsa, so expect even more mods for it in the future. 

It is possible to play these games with a control pad by the way, but it takes more work to get a setup that feels good. But these are the 3 games I would recommend for drifting. If you are looking for a game with the size car list and customization available within Forza and Gran Turismo on PC, then you are going to be a little hard done by. There is only really shift and shift 2 that offer that sort of gameplay, and even then; it is limited in comparison to Forza and Gran Turismo. Hope this has helped you out though.

unfortunately i cant afford a wheel, i use a keyboard :/

thanks for the comment tho

The grid auto sport is really good for drifting, otherwise I could say Assetto even as a complete package., 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

...... but its no where close to a close and realistic drifting experience

unfortunately i cant afford a wheel, i use a keyboard :/

aceventurathumbsup.gif

Anyway, many many years ago i used to drift in LFS with keyboard and mouse combo

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

If you are looking for a game with the size car list and customization available within Forza and Gran Turismo on PC, then you are going to be a little hard done by.

Is that the spot that Cars aims to fill ? I would have say yes but I don't know anymore with the claims they made about the lack of traditionnal progession. 

aceventurathumbsup.gif

Anyway, many many years ago i used to drift in LFS with keyboard and mouse combo

tbh i didnt know for some games a wheel is a must, and i just found out some wheels arent that expensive, like some speedlink wheels so i will buy one, i wont expect it to be as good as any of the logitech wheels tho :D

In my opinion, if you can't afford at least Logitech DFGT, don't buy a wheel.  :ph34r:

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

In my opinion, if you can't afford at least Logitech DFGT, don't buy a wheel.  :ph34r:

well im already planning on buying the drift o.z, what are the key differences between this wheel and the more premium ones?

tbh i didnt know for some games a wheel is a must, and i just found out some wheels arent that expensive, like some speedlink wheels so i will buy one, i wont expect it to be as good as any of the logitech wheels tho :D

Whether or not a wheel is a must in a specific game, you are asking for a realistic driving/drifting experience.... -->with a keyboard<--

That is such an odd request.

well im already planning on buying the drift o.z, what are the key differences between this wheel and the more premium ones?

drift oz? Nvr heard of it. DFGT is an entry lvl wheel if u're into simracing in my opinion, not premium.