comcast drops bid on time warner

drewdsterling

http://www.businessinsider.com/comcast-to-drop-45-billion-time-warner-cable-bid--report-2015-4

Breaking news comcast drops bid for time warner. The ISP monopoly won't be able to form when the fcc would not allow it. Fox Business's Wall Street reporter Charlie Gasparino says "that "many many deals" and tens of millions of dollars in deal fees were contingent on the Time Warner Cable deal going through. The first deal under threat will be AT&T's acquisition of DirecTV." Will at&t's deal with directv fall because of this?.

Well, good news I guess.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

More summarization would be nice.  

Awesome if it works out for the better.

Time for celebration music, the unholy evil empire has been defeated.

I fixed that for ya.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

One could think this is good news, but I think they're just saving cash and face to just buy someone else like Verizon.

Agreed, maybe not Verizon since I doubt they'd sell the company, maybe their current copper/fiber build-outs since they want to go full wireless.

This seems a bit too easy honestly.

Maybe they'll spend that $45 billion on infrastructure and customer service? /s

giphy.gif

Jimmy-Pesto-Jr-Dancing-Gif.gif

EVIL HAS BEEN VANQUISHED FOR THE MOMENT!

HUZZAH!!!!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Breaking news comcast drops bid for time warner. The IPS monopoly won't be able to form when the fcc would not allow it. Fox Business's Wall Street reporter Charlie Gasparino says "that "many many deals" and tens of millions of dollars in deal fees were contingent on the Time Warner Cable deal going through. The first deal under threat will be AT&T's acquisition of DirecTV." Will at&t's deal with directv fall because of this?.

I think you mean ISP?

Well, good news I guess.

Although Comcast is still a monopoly without Time Warner.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Aw, now Rupert Murdock is going to get Time Warner and ruin HBO... Damn ultra conservative pig.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Yeah!

damn it, i was hoping it was going to go through

Why would you? It would literally form a monopoly...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I would have allowed the merger if both Time Warner and Comcast agreed to provide 3rd party access to both their poles and conduits for a FAIR price. It would also have had to have been forever and not just for x years

Yay good good good!

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Yeah!

Why would you? It would literally form a monopoly...

no it wouldn't.