NCIX a good place too shop?

k1e1v1i1n

I thought I would give them a try I mean Linus talks about them all the time so I thought they must be good, and here is how it went. I pre-ordered the Logitech MX Master mouse on the 8th of April. thinking they would ship it out Friday the 10th and I would see it Monday 13th -Tuesday 14th. then this happened.

ME:Dated Apr 13, 2015 at 12:41 PM composed by you

I would like to know when this is shipping?

NCIX:Dated Apr 13, 2015 at 05:29 PM reply from Ncix Support

Hi Kevin, I see the ETA was April 6th for these to arrive so I can only assume any day now these will roll in.Now shows no payment received yet. Have you sent the Interac or EBP payment? Please let me know. Cheers. 

ME:Dated Apr 13, 2015 at 05:31 PM reply from you

Yes payment was sent at time of order.

NCIX:Dated Apr 14, 2015 at 11:58 AM reply from Ncix Support

Hi Kevin, you're right I seen payment was received. Usually we will not take payment until items are ready for shipping however Interac is instant form the cart. We should be receiving these very soon. Cheers. 

ME:Dated Apr 14, 2015 at 12:02 PM reply from you

Can I please have a date? I p reordered this to have it ASAP. I can walk in a store and pick one up now almost anywhere. If not can I get a refund.

NCIX:Dated Apr 14, 2015 at 12:49 PM reply from Ncix Support

Hi Kevin, Our ETA was April 6th so I can only assume any day now. if you do need me to void this out please let me know that is not a problem. Cheers. 

ME:Dated Apr 16, 2015 at 05:39 AM reply from you

What is going on here ? I asked for a refund this is taking way too long. The mouse came out almost a week ago. Ship today or refund my money today.

NCIX:Dated Apr 16, 2015 at 11:27 AM reply from Ncix Support

Hi Kevin, I wish I had answers and apparently we still have not received these as of yet. I asked that they refund this ASAP for you. Sorry for any inconvenience. Cheers 

ME:Dated Apr 18, 2015 at 07:44 AM reply from you

OK what is going on I asked for this to be shipped or refunded a few days ago. Why is this not taken care of? 

NCIX:Dated Apr 20, 2015 at 03:55 PM reply from Ncix Support

Hi Kevin, I emailed processing to ask why this was not refunded as promised and they state our payment server is down and they retried today and still down so they are going to mail you a cheque directly. Sorry for this inconvenience on this. Cheers. 

ME:Dated Apr 21, 2015 at 09:04 PM reply from you

Ok what's going on here? Am I getting a refund or are you shipping out my mouse? I see it is stock now. Was this whole thing to stall me till it came in? Worst service ever. Guess I should have shopped at a reputable place like bestbuy. I'll post this on linus tech tips and see how everyone else feels about this. Pre ordered on the 8th for a mouse on the 10th it's the 22nd and I don't have the mouse or my money. 

FIX THIS NOW! 

NCIX:Dated Apr 22, 2015 at 11:19 AM reply from Ncix Support

Hi Kevin, I can only assume you are not getting my emails? I stated we were going to mail you out a cheque as our payment server was down but has since been fixed and I issued back a full refund. We cannot ship something that is not available unfortunately. hence the pre-order status. Tell Linus Brad says hello he's a good friend. Sorry for all this and I emailed you the invoice showing the refund was done. Cheers. 

Finally after 2 weeks I was refunded today. So has anyone else had any problems like this from NCIX ?

I know I was a little rude at the end but how many times do I have to ask for my money back and why waist so much of my time telling me its coming, its coming are they not tracking their shipments? 

needless to say I wont be shopping there again. and ya Linus Brad says Hello. :(

Hell no. They ain't getting anymore of my hard earned shekels. 

Good intentions sure, friendly sure, blatantly incompetent. Yup. 

I never had a problem with them. exept that they sell the gs70 I want for 200$ extra cus the cpu is soldered to the mobo... wich makes no sense.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I never had a problem with them. exept that they sell the gs70 I want for 200$ extra cus the cpu is soldered to the mobo... wich makes no sense.

You can usually price match with NCIX which may slow down processing but at least they have it. In general I find that as long as they have the item(s) in stock and payment has been processed, the order is processed usually the same day and you will get your item(s) within the shipping parameters you chose. I do agree that their customer service does leave a lot to be desired. 

i7 4790K - MSI XPower Z97 AC - 32GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Sabranco - ASUS Strix GTX 980 SLI - ASUS Xonar Essence - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - RoG Swift + Samsung 28" 4k UHD - Logitech Z906 5.1 - Custom Water Cooling Loop

Mobile: Samsung S8 Plus | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50X / ASUS Strix Pro | Laptop: Alienware 17 R2

You can usually price match with NCIX which may slow down processing but at least they have it. In general I find that as long as they have the item(s) in stock and payment has been processed, the order is processed usually the same day and you will get your item(s) within the shipping parameters you chose. I do agree that their customer service does leave a lot to be desired. 

well. its the same model. exelpt the socket thing. the only reason I want to go with ncix is because ltt has an affiliate link. but non for canada computers.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Never had any problem with NCIX I do 90% of my parts shopping there and they build my systems, love their stores and have nothing but good things to say about them.

They even refunded me on  a $7-800 lenovo laptop that was junk even though they state they dont give refunds on laptops. 

I've been treated much more shabby at futureshop/best buy tried to return a high end headset. One where the cups swivel and it will lay flat because the outside plastic on the headset was cracked by that swivel point, and their idiot customer service work starts going on "OH I DONT THINK THEY ARE MENT TO DO THAT!" Fucking idiot look at any high end headset they pretty much all do it you dumb fuck, try and learn what the hell you are on about before selling electronic equipment.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I guess when your standing face to face its a little harder to be this lazy with customer service. Also customer service is really easy when things are going well. obviously this is an example of how things work there when they are not going to plan. 

is it just me or does it kinda piss anyone else off that he says cheers at the end of every message :S idk why

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I've never had a problem with NCIX US. I had sent in multiple orders and my bank actually declined the transactions because they thought it was fraud. NCIX worked with me to fix it. Their US office has like 6 people for customer service so it can be slow sometimes but I've never had issues with them. I usually shop Newegg or Amazon though because NCIX prices aren't always the best and they ship slower. Unless you buy $100 worth of things for free shipping, it's usually not worth it to go to NCIX. 

Like to point out its NCIX  a good place to shop not TOO shop. Sorry for being a bit of a grammar freak but I just noticed the error so I pointed it out.

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

I guess when your standing face to face its a little harder to be this lazy with customer service. Also customer service is really easy when things are going well. obviously this is an example of how things work there when they are not going to plan. 

I do wanna say that laptop was strictly done online. I didnt take it to a store, ive been in their stores and like them they are SOOO much better orgenized then other big name comp shops. But ya the lenovo was all done strictly online.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I've ordered from them numerous times, never had any issues.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

NCIX tends to have stuff on order and a circulating inventory to keep things going off the shelves but the issue is when you need a new item or special items.

I had an order through NCIX for some swiftech fittings, low and behold swiftech has issues with manufacturing off all their fittings and this was 4 months in when the order should only take a max of 6 weeks. Got replacement ones form EK within 2 weeks but yeah, swiftech still is MIA for any stock on fittings apparently to this day.

I've been ordering from them for almost ten years now, never had an issue. Their customer service department is about four people, so they get backlogged really quickly during peak times.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

I haven't bought from them too often, but they have excellent deals on peripherals and components. Grabbed some weird German m-atx computer case (Anidees) on sale and it looks pretty sweet.

junker build in the making

I haven't bought from them too often, but they have excellent deals on peripherals and components. Grabbed some weird German m-atx computer case (Anidees) on sale and it looks pretty sweet.

Anidees is pretty awesome, I got the AI6 on a whim and love it. Good choice!

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Cheers.

Anidees is pretty awesome, I got the AI6 on a whim and love it. Good choice!

I got the Ai7, pretty epic MicroATX case that looks good pretty good on my desk. Happy to know I'm not the only one here with an Anidees :D

junker build in the making

I my self, haven't had any issues with them.

But I wouldn't recommend pre-ordering any thing... ever, even if it is from a brand like Logitech, or Valve... PLEASE DON'T KILL ME GABE!

I've ordered lots of stuff from them in the past with no issues. One thing however that I don't buy from them are Monitors/TVs. They have a really bad return policy when it comes to dead pixels. My current monitor I bought from Memory Express, and I am glad that I did. The first two I picked up had dead pixels and Memory Express exchanged them for me with no questions asked.

I don't care about them taking a day or two to respond. It's that I asked for a refund multiple times and they couldn't be bothered. But I do agree about no more pre orders even if it did work out for my friends who used bestbuy.

Huh, I didn't have any problems with them when I bought stuff for my build.

Guess that'll teach you to not preorder things. ;)

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I buy most of my stuff on NCIX canada, never had unresolved issues. Some took a while but all ended ok. Customer support is their weakness for sure because someone I know had some problems with them. 

I don't care about them taking a day or two to respond. It's that I asked for a refund multiple times and they couldn't be bothered. But I do agree about no more pre orders even if it did work out for my friends who used bestbuy.

Can you pinpoint where you  get this from?

from what I read in those emails:

-You ordered mouse

-There was a shipping delay (no stock)

-NCIX asked if you want it voided

-you say you asked for a refund (I see where you said "Can I please have a date? I p reordered this to have it ASAP. I can walk in a store and pick one up now almost anywhere. If not can I get a refund."

-NCIX says day or 2

-You say you asked for a refund (again you were given a timeframe, the alternative was a refund....)

-NCIX agreed to refund

-You asked for a refund status

-NCIX stated their system is down and they are mailing you a cheque

-You ask why you haven't received the mouse or refund ( they havent shipped the mouse because you asked for a refund, they mailed a cheque it's in the mail aka not electronic mail)

-You ask if they are shipping the mouse or issuing a refund?...... Short term memory I guess...., read above.

-2 weeks for a cheque in the mail sounds about right for Canada Post...

So I still fail to see where this is a bad transaction due to NCIX? You Pre-ordered, meaning they don't have it yet and that you will be sent your item from the first shipment they receive.

Not saying that it didn't suck that you had to wait for the refund, but I don't see how they could have sped up the process any if their system was down.