The Woman who stuck up for 2 Muslims is apparently a Racist

Blackler

What is your point? That you should not help other races because one fucking journalist in a newspaper will write some stupid shit?

My point is that society is fucked. It's all about being PC, you can't do shit without someone feeling like they have the right to be offended. It's only a matter of time until people are offended by other people breathing.

Khajit are too furry.

Car girls should stay at 10% furry.

-snip

agreed

My point is that society is fucked. It's all about being PC, you can't do shit without someone feeling like they have the right to be offended. It's only a matter of time until people are offended by other people breathing.

I'm still rooting for a major societal collapse. Time for the herd to be thinned a bit (preferably by natural disaster, at least that way it's impartial)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Only in Australia, where 99% of the media are idiotic PC lefties with no brain cells

The article in the OP is from the UK.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

well shit

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Well I am not aware of these obvious advantages so could you please tell me?

Yeah... Because you can't be racist against white people, am I right? :rolleyes:

What the author of the article did was totally not racism. Saying "you can't do X because your skin color is Y" is totally acceptable, but only if it's said to a white person...

/sarcasm

By the way, nobody here says they are personally the victim. People in this thread is defending the poor woman (who happens to be white) from the idiotic bullshit the author wrote.

By the way, the man from the video has officially thanked the woman for defending them. Sadly I think the irony of this will be lost on the reporter, who denied the people in the video a voice and got offended on their behalf.

No they are not defending the woman....Honestly, most of the people in this thread have barely mentioned her. All I see is a bunch of people complaining that there are too many accusations about being racist, or that the word is used too much.

That quickly devolved into another round of "PC lefties bla bla bla". This has nothing to do with the lady who defended the muslim couple, nor the stupid writer of this piece who clearly is lacking in common sense......

You can be racist towards white people..

...Never claimed otherwise and the person writing this article is an idiot as everybody is already aware....I will even say that racist attitudes towards white people probably just as common as racist attitudes towards other races, but discrimination certaintly isn't!

And white people complaining about all the terrible discrimination against them is hilarious...Especially coming from our american posters.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

well shit

Not really all that much of a difference between the two, politically speaking.

No they are not defending the woman....Honestly, most of the people in this thread have barely mentioned her. All I see is a bunch of people complaining that there are too many accusations about being racist, or that the word is used too much.

That quickly devolved into another round of "PC lefties bla bla bla". This has nothing to do with the lady who defended the muslim couple, nor the stupid writer of this piece who clearly is lacking in common sense......

...Never claimed otherwise and the person writing this article is an idiot as everybody is already aware....I will even say that racist attitudes towards white people probably just as common as racist attitudes towards other races, but discrimination certaintly isn't!

And white people complaining about all the terrible discrimination against them is hilarious...Especially coming from our american posters.

Discriminate much?

I'm gonna go ahead and guess what the argument behind that comment is: "because of the terrible discrimination in america's past, white people in america have no right to complain about discrimination against them that is happening today, white privilege, blah, blah, blah blah blah, blah."

Translation: "white people aren't discriminated against in the same way that people of other races are, and I know this because I am a leftist from europe, who happens to be omniscient and knows the entire life story of every american....somehow"

Not really all that much of a difference between the two, politically speaking.

Discriminate much?

I'm gonna go ahead and guess what the argument behind that comment is: "because of the terrible discrimination in america's past, white people in america have no right to complain about discrimination against them that is happening today, white privilege, blah, blah, blah blah blah, blah."

Translation: "white people aren't discriminated against in the same way that people of other races are, and I know this because I am a leftist from europe, who happens to be omniscient and knows the entire life story of every american....somehow"

;-) Ofcourse;-) I could have included several other multicultural countries like UK, France and Netherlands to be fair but none of those countries have quite the same history of race relations that the US does......

No, your guess is wrong. my argument is that you are facing far less discrimination than minorities do, while you are portraying yourself like you are being persecuted. You aren't.-

There is no excuse for any kind of racism or discrimination...But you seem to be claiming that white people are facing more discrimination and racism than minorities,....Is that interpretation correct?

It seems to me that europeans have a lot more knowledge about the US than americans have about the rest of the world...No matter their political orientations.

And I really don't need the entire life story of every american to make some observations...

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

We are defending her. Maybe not to the extent you probably find as the only appropriate way but we are, just in different ways (for example, pointing out the obvious white person = racist shit that has been going on lately). It isn't like we can fly across the world berating all the ignorant scumbags that call her racist for sticking up for two Muslims. 

@ the bolded: It rears its ugly head at last. The fact that you laugh at people (oh, I mean white people) being discriminated against or the idea that they can be discriminated against/the target of racism is ignorant and also part of the problem. Why don't you take a look at this?

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/17/school-district-excludes-white-students-from-third-grade-field-trips-to-local-colleges/

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/field-trips-for-black-students-only-raise-116653652722.html

Don't like the sources? Google it and find your own.

If that isn't white people being discriminated against to you then you are a lost cause. It can and does happen, and lately it has been growing and ignored by media sources—who more oft than not are the cause of the problem by promoting anti-white sentiments. I don't want to change the topic (too much) but I feel it needs saying: take for example Anita Fembot Sarkeesian. She spreads anti-white and anti-male crap all over the place and has been put on multiple different nation-wide shows to spread that sentiment. And most people don't care she obviously hates men and white people with a burning passion. They agree with her.

@Serin

Are you, perhaps, a fan of Daria? :D

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

;-) Ofcourse;-) I could have included several other multicultural countries like UK, France and Netherlands to be fair but none of those countries have quite the same history of race relations that the US does......

No, your guess is wrong. my argument is that you are facing far less discrimination than minorities do, while you are portraying yourself like you are being persecuted. You aren't.-

There is no excuse for any kind of racism or discrimination...But you seem to be claiming that white people are facing more discrimination and racism than minorities,....Is that interpretation correct?

It seems to me that europeans have a lot more knowledge about the US than americans have about the rest of the world...No matter their political orientations.

And I really don't need the entire life story of every american to make some observations...

1. How can you know that we face less discrimination than other minorities do? Are you god? Are you capable of seeing every single race related even that occurs at any given time of any given day?

2. America in no way has the worst record for race relations than any other country in the world. There are quite a few other countries that have worse records when it comes to slavery and race relations. (list of countries that abolished slavery less than 100 years ago http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolition_of_slavery_timeline#1900.E2.80.93present )

I'm not claiming that white people face more discrimination, just that we apparently aren't allowed to complain about it. Because apparently it's okay to blame us for what happened in the past. And that right there is the problem, people assume most white people in the US are racist, without any actual real world knowledge of it, you also assume we are all uneducated hill billys that know nothing about the rest of the world.

Congratulations, you yourself, are a racist. (or whatever word is correctly used for nationalist based discrimination). you've drawn a broad overview of Americans based upon stereotypes, and defended it, unsuccessfully.

We are defending her. Maybe not to the extent you probably find as the only appropriate way but we are, just in different ways (for example, pointing out the obvious white person = racist shit that has been going on lately). It isn't like we can fly across the world berating all the ignorant scumbags that call her racist for sticking up for two Muslims. 

@ the bolded: It rears its ugly head at last. The fact that you laugh at people (oh, I mean white people) being discriminated against or the idea that they can be discriminated against/the target of racism is ignorant and also part of the problem. Why don't you take a look at this?

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/17/school-district-excludes-white-students-from-third-grade-field-trips-to-local-colleges/

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/field-trips-for-black-students-only-raise-116653652722.html

If that isn't white people being discriminated against to you then you are a lost cause. It can and does happen, and lately it has been growing and ignored by media sources—who more oft than not are the cause of the problem by promoting anti-white sentiments. I don't want to change the topic but I feel it needs saying: take for example Anita Fembot Sarkeesian. She spreads anti-white and anti-male crap all over the place and has been put on multiple different nation-wide shows to spread that sentiment. And most people don't care. They agree.

@Serin

Are you, perhaps, a fan of Daria?  :D

You forget "black history month" and "black pride parades". If we put white in there, "OMG, RACIST HILL BILLY FUCKS!"

Yes, things that happened in the past were terrible, but guess what, not a single group of humans can claim to have never harmed another group based upon bad reasons. Yes, white people owned slaves, so have the arabs, the asians, and.....the blacks (*le gasp!)! Who do you think caught and sold black people in Africa? Members of certain tribes, caught and sold other tribes to get rid of them and take their land.

It's also worth pointing out, that ISIS is actually selling slaves, TODAY, mostly women and children if memory serves correctly.

The only correct thing to say is this: Humanity is a fucked up species that has done terrible things to itself, no ones hands are clean if we are going to drudge up the past as ammunition to use against each other, so scrub your fucking hands before you point the finger at someone else.

Only in Australia, where 99% of the media are idiotic PC lefties with no brain cells

left wing my ass, most of the media is this country is Murdoch controlled which puts it as center right. The other majority is Paker which is pretty much the same thing. You have a few government run outlets such as the SBS and ABC which as center maybe center left. And there this is stuff like the guardian and other smaller left with outlets. The shit you see on TV and all the newspapers though is right wing as fuck. Not as stupid as the states though.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

1. How can you know that we face less discrimination than other minorities do? Are you god? Are you capable of seeing every single race related even that occurs at any given time of any given day?

2. America in no way has the worst record for race relations than any other country in the world. There are quite a few other countries that have worse records when it comes to slavery and race relations. (list of countries that abolished slavery less than 100 years ago http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolition_of_slavery_timeline#1900.E2.80.93present )

I'm not claiming that white people face more discrimination, just that we apparently aren't allowed to complain about it. Because apparently it's okay to blame us for what happened in the past. And that right there is the problem, people assume most white people in the US are racist, without any actual real world knowledge of it, you also assume we are all uneducated hill billys that know nothing about the rest of the world.

Congratulations, you yourself, are a racist. (or whatever word is correctly used for nationalist based discrimination). you've drawn a broad overview of Americans based upon stereotypes, and defended it, unsuccessfully.

You forget "black history month" and "black pride parades". If we put white in there, "OMG, RACIST HILL BILLY FUCKS!"

Yes, things that happened in the past were terrible, but guess what, not a single group of humans can claim to have never harmed another group based upon bad reasons. Yes, white people owned slaves, so have the arabs, the asians, and.....the blacks (*le gasp!)! Who do you think caught and sold black people in Africa? Members of certain tribes, caught and sold other tribes to get rid of them and take their land.

It's also worth pointing out, that ISIS is actually selling slaves, TODAY, mostly women and children if memory serves correctly.

The only correct thing to say is this: Humanity is a fucked up species that has done terrible things to itself, no ones hands are clean if we are going to drudge up the past as ammunition to use against each other, so scrub your fucking hands before you point the finger at someone else.

1. Nobody can take that argument seriously. I do not have to do mass surveillance of everybody to have an opinion about who gets discriminated against more.

2. I never mentioned slavery. America has no fault in slavery...That was all us..... I said race "RELATIONS".

Sure, you are allowed to complain..And im very much allowed to disagree with you.

What you have described is not discrimination. Black history month isn't about how awesome black peoples history is.....Its about having a focus on a specific part of history that is important....Black pride parades isn't about how its better to be black than white...Black Pride was about finally speaking up for your rights....

Black pride parades...You mean civil rights parades?

White Pride is about how you are SUPERIOR to other races...

ITs the same old conservative complains as always..."When I was a child, you could make a racist joke and nobody dared say shit".

You think discrimination is the right for you not to be questioned over your opinion..

If you want a white pride parade....You can have one! Nobody will show up and nobody will care, but you will be allowed to have one just as any other person.

See...thats the problem with your perspective....This has never ever been about which race is better....we are ALL humans. Nobody is claiming superiority....

I can't believe you just wrote that. You are completely obsessed with race.

We are defending her. Maybe not to the extent you probably find as the only appropriate way but we are, just in different ways (for example, pointing out the obvious white person = racist shit that has been going on lately). It isn't like we can fly across the world berating all the ignorant scumbags that call her racist for sticking up for two Muslims. 

@ the bolded: It rears its ugly head at last. The fact that you laugh at people (oh, I mean white people) being discriminated against or the idea that they can be discriminated against/the target of racism is ignorant and also part of the problem. Why don't you take a look at this?

If that isn't white people being discriminated against to you then you are a lost cause. It can and does happen, and lately it has been growing and ignored by media sources—who more oft than not are the cause of the problem by promoting anti-white sentiments. I don't want to change the topic (too much) but I feel it needs saying: take for example Anita Fembot Sarkeesian. She spreads anti-white and anti-male crap all over the place and has been put on multiple different nation-wide shows to spread that sentiment. And most people don't care she obviously hates men and white people with a burning passion. They agree with her.

@Serin

Are you, perhaps, a fan of Daria? :D

Everything you wrote is based on several simple falsehoods.

1. I never said I would laugh at any discrimination. I was laughing at the suggestion that white people get discriminated against more than minority populations....

2. I never claimed that white people dont face racism or discrimination....I just said that you face less.

I fail to see what Anita Sarkeesian has to do with this at all....I don't believe Ive ever read anything that person have written that I agreed with...

How is any of that shit related to this?

What you have described is not discrimination. Black history month isn't about how awesome black peoples history is.....Its about having a focus on a specific part of history that is important....Black pride parades isn't about how its better to be black than white...Black Pride was about finally speaking up for your rights....

Black pride parades...You mean civil rights parades?

White Pride is about how you are SUPERIOR to other races...

No, he's not talking about that. For example Boston holds many parades, one of which is "Black Pride". There is even a "Latino Pride" parade. Different from anything related to the Civil Rights Movement or celebrations in the name of it.

Wait, so if I am proud to be white you think I'm saying I'm superior to other races or that's all that it can mean? But this isn't so for other pride parades?

Wow the double standards are real here.

Everything you wrote is based on several simple falsehoods.

1. I never said I would laugh at any discrimination. I was laughing at the suggestion that white people get discriminated against more than minority populations....

2. I never claimed that white people dont face racism or discrimination....I just said that you face less.

I fail to see what Anita Sarkeesian has to do with this at all....I don't believe Ive ever read anything that person have written that I agreed with...

How is any of that shit related to this?

No, you never out right said you laughed. You did say it was "hilarious", implying heavily that you did in fact laugh. Your post:

If that's not what you meant to say, then I suggest you start saying what you actually mean.

And XTankSlayerX NEVER suggested white people get the most discrimination (pretty sad you think one race's discrimination tops another), he said "white people are the people that seem to be discriminated by the media now.". Completely different than your accusation. But you promptly flew off the hinge and assaulted him based on your rather skewed opinion and even went so far as to mock his accurate points about how white people are currently being treated and called them deluded. When the very article you read backs up his points.

We face less...okay, can you prove that? Do you have an All Seeing Eye (or maybe The Machine?) to back that up? And why does it matter, either way, who faces "the most discrimination"? Does one person's unfortunate encounter of a racist make it any less important simply because it is not happening every second of the day to their group of peoples?

You mock the very people who do experience it when you act like this. But apparently that doesn't matter, because they aren't important enough to warrant any outrage over.

I brought Anita into this to prove that racism and discrimination against white people is ever growing and used her as an example of it being "okay" to do as well as spreading that negative sentiment around to other people.  Basically, if you still don't get it, I am saying you are wrong by giving you examples of said behaviour not only being promoted to but endorsed by the common public. And lastly I was not, in any shape or form, saying you aligned with that Fembot's thinking.

So that's why that "shit' is related to the context of the topic. Next time please read the posts thoroughly before you hit reply because I quite clearly explained myself in the post you quoted.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What do you expect from the media? Blessing and valuing ethical humans towards other humans? Media are a long way towards animalising and condescending humans.

What do ISIS, racial profiling and Anita blablaba have to do with this? Blithering much to fill up your irrelevantly idiotic arguments?  :)

Khajit are too furry.

Car girls should stay at 10% furry.

Meh. Khajit are cuter. :3

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I believe that this is the first time in my life something on the Internet has made my jaw literally drop.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

It seems you can't even STAND UP FOR PEOPLE who are being VERBALLY ASSAULTED anymore without being racist.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Because it is important we don't paint good people in bad light. If everyone who thought the author of this article was an idiot just kept quite then everyone reading that article would only see people agreeing with it. If that were to happen then a lot of people would think twice before helping others, in fear of being labeled a racist, or sexist or whatever it may be.

We should praise people who do the right thing, not call them horrible people.

What I think is funny is that this article has recreated the situation on the bus.

Situation on the bus -> One idiot calls two people horrible things. Someone gets fed up and defends them.

Situation created by this article -> One idiot calls another person horrible things. Lots of people in this thread gets fed up and defends her.

By your logic the woman on the bus shouldn't have defended the couple because "we shouldn't care what others think". Sorry but that logic is bullshit.

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"

I think I've separated the internet and real life as two different battlefields. Of course in real life I would have been telling the women on the bus to shove it, but I think with the internet, just the sheer amount of ignorance and voices, I think I much prefer an "ignore the morons" way of life.

I see where you're coming from though, and I definitely do agree. Thanks.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

That's something I don't get. A lot of people love to dig up what happened a long long time ago and use that as an excuse to get special rights and compensation today. We have people that get paid by the government because THEIR ANCESTORS were slaves. Here is an excellent Penn & Teller episode about it. Why the hell should we pay certain people money for things that happened to their ancestors several generations ago (and have actually already been repaid)?

Next you'll tell me I should feel bad because my viking ancestors plundered and raped essentially the entire content. I guess I should allow British people to bully me since my ancestors harmed their ancestors...

Or maybe we should treat everyone as individuals regardless of what their ancestors did. Nahh that sounds far too crazy!

This is why people become so cynical when I comes to helping people. If you don't say anything people will ask "Why didn't any of the other people on the train say anything!?". However, if you DO say something, there will always be people like Ashitha Nagesh who will say "By speaking out, you robbed them of their voices".

You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't. Such is the world we live in unfortunately.

All cynicism aside, I feel it's always best to stick up for people. You may not always get the result you were expecting, but it's better than constantly thinking "Should I have done something to help?"

That's something I don't get. A lot of people love to dig up what happened a long long time ago and use that as an excuse to get special rights and compensation today. We have people that get paid by the government because THEIR ANCESTORS were slaves. Here is an excellent Penn & Teller episode about it. Why the hell should we pay certain people money for things that happened to their ancestors several generations ago (and have actually already been repaid)?

Next you'll tell me I should feel bad because my viking ancestors plundered and raped essentially the entire content. I guess I should allow British people to bully me since my ancestors harmed their ancestors...

Or maybe we should treat everyone as individuals regardless of what their ancestors did. Nahh that sounds far too crazy!

The argument apparently is if your ancestor was oppressed then your life has been affected. Which I get, but I don't know that it justifies current events.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

1000 year gap between Viking raids and the end of slavery dude. The wounds of slavery are a LITTLE bit fresher.

I agree that many people use the past to their own personal benefit which is pretty low. But as greasy it is, you simply can't deny the fact that it happened. Many Americans live their lives doing this. Either, "black people owe us so much. We brought them to this continent thus giving them a better life. Just look at the way the African continent is right now". Or, "we gave them a place to stay, food and a job. What more could you ask for?"

Okay Guys (and Girls),

I made this thread to discuss what you'd personally believe to be the right thing to do in this circumstance and why.

Not to turn it into a Race / Religion Debate.

Anyway.

I think we can all agree that this whole fracas (theirs, not our discussion) is wrong.

- It is not wrong to help others who are being discriminated, whether it be about their race, religion, personal beliefs or otherwise, as long as those traits do not adhere a lesser tolerance to others

- In turn, by subjecting us to defining us as a race or culture, the articles writer is then in turn, a racist

- Due to that fact, she has already lost the argument 

At the end of the day. We should love thy neighbor. I am not a religious man. Never have been, maybe never will be.

It doesn't matter if you're black or white, AMD or nVidia, AMD or Intel, BMW or Audi, Left handed or Right Handed.

We live in a world where our fellow man / woman should be commended for their efforts to better themselves, the world we live in and those around us.

To be told it is wrong to stand up for a fellow human being isn't wrong, it's a privilege of our right to speak our hearts and tolerance of our fellows.

If there is one thing (tl;dr) I'd want you to take from this, it would be to ignore this. Act like this horrible article was never written.

Be Nice to each other, tolerate each other. Because at the end of the day, words aren't just sound waves in physical form.

They are a match, to light a pyre of hate, but in the hands of a better person, they can ignite the candle, which can light a better tomorrow.

Well enough philosophical BS from me. I think that's my karma filled for a year now.

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

Its from Australia, of course its going to be stupid. Everything is. These days everyone is so fucking race conscious it just turns into a fuck fest.  TBH i almost agree with some of the pagan s running round now, that say races shouldn't and never should have mixed.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

left wing my ass, most of the media is this country is Murdoch controlled which puts it as center right. The other majority is Paker which is pretty much the same thing. You have a few government run outlets such as the SBS and ABC which as center maybe center left. And there this is stuff like the guardian and other smaller left with outlets. The shit you see on TV and all the newspapers though is right wing as fuck. Not as stupid as the states though.

I probably should have thought that comment through properly before I posted.

Ironically I find the ABC more bearable to watch than any other channel. Maybe because they don't report on unnecessary shit like fucking entertainment news etc.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I need to get this out... There is only one race. The human race.
Skin colour is about as good a definer as eye colour or hair colour. It's totally arbitrary, no scientific basis. 
In all our madness and diversity there are only a few truths that can be applied to Humanity - we all come from Africa through common struggle and we are all members of the Human race.
Fun fact: At one point in our history there were only a few thousand breeding pairs of Humans left thanks to a natural disaster. We've a very very small gene pool. So we're all related to that Muslim couple and the idiot in the OP's article. 

Cultural diversity surely. But to suggest that skin colour has some intrinsic inseparable link to culture... Its ridiculous and illogical.
I'm not attempting to downplay the obvious bigotry many people face because of their skin colour or cultural and/or religious identity. Even this atheist understands how closely linked religion and culture can be for many people.
But until we actually accept the fact that we are all far more alike than we are different I don't see racism or bigotry ever frakking off.

On the other hand I hear that having blonde hair and blue eyes were a pretty great thing at one point in terms of "race".
/AnnoyingIdealsticRantOver

Ironically I find the ABC more bearable to watch than any other channel. Maybe because they don't report on unnecessary shit like fucking entertainment news etc.

SBS, ABC. Basically all I watch of Australian television. If its any consolation the ABC was found to be quite unbiased in its news reporting. Hell, the Chaser isn't even on air.. I guess it'd just be too depressing for everyone at this point.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

There is nothing wrong with ABC and SBS, there are solid news outlets which you can trust to report on shit that matters as opposed to just spouting "muh dole buldgers" and "muh fuckin muslims" like 9, 7 and 10 do.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.