The Woman who stuck up for 2 Muslims is apparently a Racist

Blackler
Okay Guys (and Girls),

I made this thread to discuss what you'd personally believe to be the right thing to do in this circumstance and why.

Not to turn it into a Race / Religion Debate.

Anyway.

I think we can all agree that this whole fracas (theirs, not our discussion) is wrong.

- It is not wrong to help others who are being discriminated, whether it be about their race, religion, personal beliefs or otherwise, as long as those traits do not adhere a lesser tolerance to others

- In turn, by subjecting us to defining us as a race or culture, the articles writer is then in turn, a racist

- Due to that fact, she has already lost the argument 

At the end of the day. We should love thy neighbor. I am not a religious man. Never have been, maybe never will be.

It doesn't matter if you're black or white, AMD or nVidia, AMD or Intel, BMW or Audi, Left handed or Right Handed.

We live in a world where our fellow man / woman should be commended for their efforts to better themselves, the world we live in and those around us.

To be told it is wrong to stand up for a fellow human being isn't wrong, it's a privilege of our right to speak our hearts and tolerance of our fellows.

If there is one thing (tl;dr) I'd want you to take from this, it would be to ignore this. Act like this horrible article was never written.

Be Nice to each other, tolerate each other. Because at the end of the day, words aren't just sound waves in physical form.

They are a match, to light a pyre of hate, but in the hands of a better person, they can ignite the candle, which can light a better tomorrow.

Well enough philosophical BS from me. I think that's my karma filled for a year now.

Now, before we go any further, I post this topic due to the fact that I alone, cannot comprehend the following.

What I can understand is that a Lovely woman in the first picture, Stacey Eden, stood up against a bigot who tried to racially abuse and stereotype, 2 Muslim folk on a train / bus.

This Woman.

White+bigotted+racist+fuck+this+is+stacy

You've probably read about it on the news or social media, like me, and thought "Nice, thanks for being a good person. I'd like to think I'd have done the same".

What you probably HAVEN'T seen is this. The Bit I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

White_cfed38_5517894.jpg

Now. I'm going to use the summary that the OP Used on another site used to describe this. He kinda got my muddled feeling about this down to a tee.

a Muslim couple was being harassed in Australia. Stacy Eden stood up and defended them. She's being racist in a way that it perpetuates the idea that minorities need white people to save them. 

Source: www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/if-im-being-racially-abused-i-dont-need-a-white-stranger-with-a-saviour-complex-to-rescue-me-10182308.html 

Actual quote from the article: "So while the thought is appreciated, I say no thanks to white saviors. It may be well-intentioned, but their "help" does more harm than good". 

Remember white folks, if you don't stand up for racism, then you are a coward. But if you do, then you're being patronizing!

Thoughts LTT Comunity?

Because, In my opinion, anyone who I feel is being demeaned or otherwise for the wrong reasons, I will stand up for. The fact that I'm a white, straight, western civilized male shouldn't be a part of the argument.

Blackler

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

Fucking what.

People should help people.

People are people and everybody who thinks otherwise has their heads so far up their asses they are having a nice chat with their colons.

People who point out obvious issues with people denying that other people are people, or claiming that they are lesser people, need to be put in their places.

Apparently doing that while being white makes you racist.

According to mainstream media, we're all racist, we're all sexist, we're all biggots, we're all ______ . Don't get too worked up over this stuff, it's all meant to drive ratings and get unique visits to websites.

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

Don't pay attention to it, just keep helping people.

This woman stood up for someone who was essentially being bullied. Saying that her doing this is just a portrayal of "the white savior" is ridiculous. She was just being a good person and standing up for common decency. 

If you're white, everything you do is racist. Period. And anything anyone else does is perfectly fine. Black supremecist groups? YESSIREE!

White pride? Standing up for being white? Having white skin? Defending others from whites while being white? Bubbling in caucasion on your yearly tests? RACIST.

You'd think we'd be smarter these days but our attempts to please everyone have only displeased everyone.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Everything has to do with race... A guy got shot and they were difference races? That's racist.

You try to be nice two be nice to someone of a another race, That's racist too.

You try and buy a car from Simion, That's racist.

Oh its raining again? Guess what? Racist too.

So much for being equal, white people are the people that seem to be discriminated by the media now.

There is one being problem with their argument saying she is racist... Muslims aren't a race, they are a religion so I struggle to see how standing up for two Muslims is a issue of race.

There is one being problem with their argument saying she is racist... Muslims aren't a race, they are a religion so I struggle to see how standing up for two Muslims is a issue of race.

Well chances are they are part of a minority group

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

My thought is that the people she "helped" are the ones who are being racist here... Would they have reacted that way if it was another muslim helping them? Ignoring "bullying" won't make it go away, you have to stand up to them, if you aren't willing to do so yourself, don't go blasting someone who's willing to fight for you just because it "denies" your voice that you weren't voicing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I heard this on the news this morning and i am not surprised it happened in Australia.

I hear countless typical white Australians demoralizing Muslims but as soon as there put in there place they cry wolf.

this goes with the whole anti Muslim protest  

Its all about those volumetric clouds

So one minute. Because a white girl decided to stand up for them when they quite clearly were incapable of defending themselves, which they would have been doing otherwise, the White girl is therefore racist? So what would the judgement be if a black girl defended them? Public hero?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Is that from a journalistic article?

She probably just needed an idea for a story and thought she'd spin the event into an opinion piece without really thinking about the larger implication of what she was saying. I mean, that's not the actual person who was racially abused in the photo right? It's some journalist, right? Or am I wrong?

If someone did that for me (for whatever reason) I'd be delighted that I didn't have to deal with the bullsh*t. They wouldn't even need to name me in the article. Really and truly, to be completely honest with you, it's not my bigotry that they're attacking me with so (Edit: beyond the immediate danger it potentially may mean I'm in?) it really has very little to do with me. :shrug:

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

What the actual hell? This has made me genuinely angry, how very dare she say something like that about a woman who did the right thing and stuck up for her sister (I assume the reporter is Muslim because she said "I don't need a white person"). "When all she really did is deny them a voice" EXCUSE ME? There are things that are simply socially unacceptable to say.

Btw "White stranger with a saviour complex" Muslims can be white too.

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Sooooo, does that mean we're fighting racism with racism? That should be fun

This is kinda like the tumblr feminists and MRA's who take issue with every literally meaningless thing when there are inhumane tragedies going on 24/7 that get no airtime. IE makes me want to bash my face on a rather thick slab of solid wood.

As a Human being and also an Australian who believes strongly in the strength of diversity I'm rather happy that there are people here who reply to the bogans who think that all Muslims are terrorists. It's not even a debate.

The couple who were on the end of the bogans rant are calling for charges, be interesting to see what the police do. (FYI, Australia has laws that can be applied to this kind of racist/bigoted speech).
So it's not as if they don't have a voice... 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

It's basically a simple answer. If you are white, then you are guilty, of what? just wait, someone will think of something.

The "white guilt" liberal left has basically made it okay for people to be racist to white people, except they don't call it racism, or realize that it is racism. How do we fix this problem? Simple! we need one little law that applies to free speech:

"You do not have the right to not be offended".

Meaning that if something offends you, tough shit, deal with it, grow up and act like an intelligent person.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This is the journalistic equivalent of picking your cuts open again (my ex actually used to do that)  :wacko:  :blink:

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I am the kind of guy who would and has stood up for people in though situations. I am also the kind of guy who would knock the fucking teeth of someone who calls me "patronizing" and "white saviour".

Intervening in the case of verbal abuse that can easily and quickly turn into physical it's not patronizing, it's being a good fucking citizen you fucking cunts. That is not what self determination is about.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Racism refers to the concept of race, the social construction. Including phenotypic variations as well as religious and/or cultural.Sticking a norseman in the bush bush and you're sure as fuck he's going to stick out like a sore thumb. 

" B-b-b-but it says 'race' "-> S E M A N T I C S

Anyway i quite enjoy the irony in this. SJW turning on SJW's as political correctness in itself has become politically incorrect. 

Racism refers to the concept of race, the social construction. Including phenotypic variations as well as religious and/or cultural.Sticking a norseman in the bush bush and you're sure as fuck he's going to stick out like a sore thumb. 

" B-b-b-but it says 'race' "-> S E M A N T I C S

No... It is not "racist" to be against a religion.

Racism is specifically:

a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

Religion does not have anything to do with race so therefore it is not "racism". The word you are looking for is "religious discrimination", which is the act of treating and/or valuing a person or group differently based on their religious beliefs. What happened on the bus/train was not racism, it was religious discrimination. This is actually not nitpicking because racism and religious discrimination laws are slightly different, so it is very important to separate the two.

If you are going to correct someone then please make sure you are actually right...

Anyway this article might be the most racist and stupid thing I have seen the entire year.

Racism is specifically:

Religion does not have anything to do with race so therefore it is not "racism". The word you are looking for is "religious discrimination", which is the act of treating and/or valuing a person or group differently based on their religious beliefs. What happened on the bus/train was not racism, it was religious discrimination. This is actually not nitpicking because racism and religious discrimination laws are slightly different, so it is very important to separate the two.

If you are going to correct someone then please make sure you are actually right...

Anyway this article might be the most racist and stupid thing I have seen the entire year.

Also funny is they say 'white girl' all the time.

Arabs can also fall under caucasian people depending on region of origin, and the ones in the video did seem to be.

So basically white girl defending white people.

People seem to think muslim is a race now too.

Racism is specifically:

Your pathetically flawed reasoning is based upon a premise which views race as a purely biological trait. Like the stripes of a zebra. If you're going to be snarky and correct me you make damn sure that you are indeed right instead of browsing over the first few lines of a wikipedia article. 

The law which you refer to actually groups race and ethnicity under the same denominator of racism. Amongst others things.