Pretty poor line-up in Linus's absence.

deusvult

Honestly, it's no better or worse than when Linus was here. Quality was good, the topic quality are subject to your personal interests. Overall, it was pretty good.

Bleeding nipples ??? dafuq ?? is this like natrual ?? I mean blood comes from your nipples from time to time ??

Common with many long distance runners.

I thought they were A+ videos! you are welcome to leave LTT at any time. nobody is holding your hand tell you that you have to stay here and watch every video. 

This is what I dislike about this community .

Say anything remotely negative about LMG and get a bunch of people being defensive and offended.

I dont agree with OP but still whenever this happens its the knee jerk reaction , I mean I get you like LMG videos a lot

but if we don't give constructive criticism they will never improve the things that might be at fault.

Why do we need to go along with their every decision like sheep?

Say anything remotely negative about LMG and get a bunch of people being defensive and offended.

I dont agree with OP but still whenever this happens its the knee jerk reaction , I mean I get you like LMG videos a lot

but if we don't give constructive criticism they will never improve the things that might be at fault.

+1 the kool-aid is strong here we are all quick to berate AMD/INTEL/PCMR/Console/Razer fanboys but are blind to other fanboyisms going on Linus is god you must not defame his lords honor. 

Because we are the LMG Sheep?

IDK

Havent watched any of their latest videos. And why were they uploaded on YT the same time as Vessel? I hope they keep doing the Youtube and Vessel uploads on the same day.

God i hate vessel. 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

mimimimi

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

-snip-

I agree especially given that this wasn't the case of the OP not understanding a video and going on a diatribe about it, which is pretty common among negative postings. 

Rant engaged

Mediocre videos made by interns, rushed reviews which feel more like watching a product showcase on day-time television and generally uninteresting subjects viewed from overly elaborate perspectives yielding no fresh insight whatsoever.It feels like the channel obligatory shitting out a new video every day. Choosing quantity over quality, giving to much leash for supporting roles and their playthings. Perhaps i'm a bitter oaf, but to me Luke struggling on a 5 minute stroll, summing up the specs on the website wearing his regular khaki shorts and shoes in which no sane person dares to run- does not count as a review of sport orientated headphones. Same as any elaborate shot bonanza droning up specs, same as camera videos pointed at the utmost fringe of niche, same as a shoddily made keyboard praised beyond worth.This feels like filler after filler. And i'm getting full before we get to the good stuff.

My opinion is, perhaps, highly personal. It certainly does not reflect the views of everyone here. Maybe not anyone. Still, feels like it has to be said. 

Rant disengaged

Some of your points are totally legitimate. The testing of the headphones for example. I do have a question though. Do you think that Linus hadn't approved of the video topics? Not sure how Linus being here would make much difference in that complaint.

And the "interns" I hope you don't mean Luke cause that doesn't make much sense, and Brandon (who has been doing a good job) has already been making videos of more niche products. So I am not sure where you are going with that.

I think some of the problems was them expanding beyond your particular interests trying to reach some of the interests of the rest of the community. I give them credit for it, not berate them for it. I don't watch every video they make, especially if I have no interests in it, and you should probably do the same.

As for production quality? It was pretty much the same.

I thought they were A+ videos! you are welcome to leave LTT at any time. nobody is holding your hand tell you that you have to stay here and watch every video. 

Dude, this is like saying 'we don't like yer kinda folk 'round here' 

You and everybody who upvoted you .......what the hell man. Extreme fanboyism.

Because we are the LMG Sheep?

IDK

Havent watched any of their latest videos. And why were they uploaded on YT the same time as Vessel? I hope they keep doing the Youtube and Vessel uploads on the same day.

God i hate vessel. 

No, they said that's only for live conference coverage. Which I'm glad for the rest being delayed a week later.

Also, vessel is amazing. Glad it exists, absolutely willing to pay the $3 after my free year.

Let's see where this goes..

eh, I see where your coming from. and yes, LTT can always use constructive criticism. 

that being said, I cant complain about free content. 

Dude, this is like saying 'we don't like yer kinda folk 'round here' 

You and everybody who upvoted you .......what the hell man. Extreme fanboyism.

its cause its not directed at ltt or us. its just a blurt of noise on which to fall onto people who will listen. no ltt admin as tagged, and linus was not pm'ed. if he asked if we felt the same I would have said something different. if he pm linus this not body would be responding. his complaint is falling on def ears. 

im only responding to you about this. ive had mulitple notifications about this already. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Honestly, it's no better or worse than when Linus was here. Quality was good, the topic quality are subject to your personal interests. Overall, it was pretty good.

Common with many long distance runners.

Good to know.

No, they said that's only for live conference coverage. Which I'm glad for the rest being delayed a week later.

Also, vessel is amazing. Glad it exists, absolutely willing to pay the $3 after my free year.

Let's see where this goes..

You aren't suffering from those slow buffering speeds, I feel like I'm using DS/dial-up again.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You aren't suffering from those slow buffering speeds, I feel like I'm using DS/dial-up again.

That's because after the second or third day using Vessel they fixed the buffering. It hasn't given me a problem and the UI simply works. Aside from the mouse cursor not disappearing when a video plays (I just move it to a corner) I have no problems with it. I don't mind supporting Linus and I don't mind early content.

Well this is constructive criticism so no need to become a jerk. Linus, Luke or anyone @LMG is able to handle it.

It's just whining, there's nothing constructive about it.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

That's because after the second or third day using Vessel they fixed the buffering. It hasn't given me a problem and the UI simply works. Aside from the mouse cursor not disappearing when a video plays (I just move it to a corner) I have no problems with it. I don't mind supporting Linus and I don't mind early content.

I tried it after a 2 weeks and still slow buffering.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Thanks for the feedback. I personally think the team's done a great job in my absence, and I appreciate the support of the (majority) of our regular viewers who have been tuning in.

With that said, It's had to consider this constructive criticism when I see my longtime colleagues referred to as "interns". Everyone who has been in front of a camera while I've been gone has worked for me in a full time capacity for over 2 years, and is a knowledgeable source of information about the subject they were presenting.

Thanks for the feedback. I personally think the team's done a great job in my absence, and I appreciate the support of the (majority) of our regular viewers who have been tuning in.

With that said, It's had to consider this constructive criticism when I see my longtime colleagues referred to as "interns". Everyone who has been in front of a camera while I've been gone has worked for me in a full time capacity for over 2 years, and is a knowledgeable source of information about the subject they were presenting.

Faye-Valentine-Shots-Fired-On-Cowboy-Beb

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Just because you don't like a video doesn't mean there aren't heaps of other people who are enjoying the content. LTT can't just make videos on whatever suits you, they are trying entertain a wide audience not just one person.

Just because you don't like a video doesn't mean there aren't heaps of other people who are enjoying the content. LTT can't just make videos on whatever suits you, they are trying entertain a wide audience not just one person.

+1 but still I want live action style of videos - I really like them -

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I don't really like any of this recent videos. But Linus has reviewed dumb shit like "high end" wireless speakers in the past so I wouldn't say this is because of his prolonged absence.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Gotta cause a little ruckus to get heard. Soap boxes don't tend to reach the upper echelons. There's plenty of Linus Justice Warriors on this forum, and I wouldn't be here if I didn't have love myself. Sometimes the overly harsh unwarranted, tendentious sneers of a generally unpleasant anonymous shit-flinger can prove invaluable. I made several elaborate powerpoints to back me up on this. Could send you a few. 

I never stated in any way that my views represent the consensus. Perhaps I was wrong to assume that such a thing was self-apparent. 

I never stated in any way that my views represent the consensus. Perhaps I was wrong to assume that such a thing was self-apparent. 

Yes, your right your views don't represent the consensus, so I don't seen any point in complaining when this thread clearly shows that many other viewers are enjoying the content. When you say that the reviews are not detailed or long enough, well that's constructive criticism, but when you are just complaining because the products being reviewed don't interest you, well that's being a little bit ignorant.

GO LINUS!

I agree, it is disrespectful, but no-one really cares about cameras. I did like Slick's TechQuickie though. Hopefully LMG returns to its original self after your holiday. 

How's the Vessel uploads going? Wish u guys could do the uploads on both Vessel and Youtube the same day 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

GO LINUS!

I agree, it is disrespectful, but no-one really cares about cameras. I did like Slick's TechQuickie though. Hopefully LMG returns to its original self after your holiday.

How's the Vessel uploads going? Wish u guys could do the uploads on both Vessel and Youtube the same day

Original ?? Never dream of it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ