Pretty poor line-up in Linus's absence.

deusvult

Yes, your right your views don't represent the consensus, so I don't seen any point in complaining when this thread clearly shows that many other viewers are enjoying the content. When you say that the reviews are not detailed or long enough, well that's constructive criticism, but when you are just complaining because the products being reviewed don't interest you, well that's being a little bit ignorant.

I don't, your objections are based on a complete and utter misreading of my posts, quick assumptions, shallow projections with a buzzword ad hominem on top. If anything this elaborate layer cake of fallacies says more about your ignorance than mine. I don't know what bus you're riding here but I bet it's a short one. 

I don't, your objections are based on a complete and utter misreading of my posts, quick assumptions, shallow projections with a buzzword ad hominem on top. If anything this elaborate layer cake of fallacies says more about your ignorance than mine. I don't know what bus you're riding here but I bet it's a short one. 

How is this an utter misunderstanding of your posts? According to you, everyone in this thread is misunderstanding your post, which means that your OP is poorly written because it does not convey the argument you are actually trying to make. You are ignorant because you said that the videos were on "generally uninteresting subjects" when you were clearly unaware of the many people who were enjoying the video.

How is this an utter misunderstanding of your posts? According to you, everyone in this thread is misunderstanding your post, which means that your OP is poorly written because it does not convey the argument you are actually trying to make. You are ignorant because you said that the videos were on "generally uninteresting subjects" when you were clearly unaware of the many people who were enjoying the video.

*citation needed

Thank you, come again. 

*citation needed

Thank you, come again. 

No, citations are not needed for interpretation...

No, citations are not needed for interpretation...

*citation needed

I thought they were A+ videos! you are welcome to leave LTT at any time. nobody is holding your hand tell you that you have to stay here and watch every video. 

Or how about he has a valid criticism that needs to be learned for the next time linus goes away, so the ball isn't dropped next time...And it has been dropped.

Honestly Jay, you're a pissy little armadillo sometimes. :P

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

Ur mean m8

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Ur mean m8

who? me?

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

who? me?

No, OP

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

No, OP

oh ok. Thank you for clarifying.

I made several elaborate powerpoints to back me up on this. Could send you a few.

Wut

Pilates

Ok here is some valid feedback: This is how much I see the particular person on the video affect it overall, from best to worst host:

1) Linus and Luke. To me they're different yet equally good video hosts

2) Taran: He's charismatic enough and he could easily take care of more than just tech quickie videos if needed

3) Ed & Brandon: Both a bit awkward. I'm sure that with more practice an sure they'd be better on camera and such but not the ideal situation

-------

Current Rig

-------

Ok here is some valid feedback: This is how much I see the particular person on the video affect it overall, from best to worst host:

1) Linus and Luke. To me they're different yet equally good video hosts

2) Taran: He's charismatic enough and he could easily take care of more than just tech quickie videos if needed

3) Ed & Brandon: Both a bit awkward. I'm sure that with more practice an sure they'd be better on camera and such but not the ideal situation

Is it Brandon or Ed with the lisp ?? and one of them also has an awkward accent ?? or my audio is broken.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Thanks for the feedback. I personally think the team's done a great job in my absence, and I appreciate the support of the (majority) of our regular viewers who have been tuning in.

With that said, It's had to consider this constructive criticism when I see my longtime colleagues referred to as "interns". Everyone who has been in front of a camera while I've been gone has worked for me in a full time capacity for over 2 years, and is a knowledgeable source of information about the subject they were presenting.

It's admirable to want to grow; I admire anyone that wants to spread their wings, but I think it's also acceptable and admirable to acknowledge your limitations. They're your friends, and it's hard to remain objective in that respect - that said, I might suggest that as opposed to jumping in with both feet, they be given the chance to co-present, get comfortable with being an on camera presence first and foremost so that it is less awkward, and proceed from there.

I would also humbly suggest that while being their friend and their boss, the best way you can help them grow is by being critical of their work. The only way anyone can ever hope to improve and be stronger Linus, is through adversity.

Ive liked the recent camera video's although i wish they were longer (but i understand there at a show etc) and i like Brandon i think he sounds good and fluent especially for someone that hasn't had alot of exposure in the videos. As for the one's with Luke, I've never really like them, it's not that i don't like Luke, it's just i think he suits a different video genre?  e.g game streaming or something where it doesn't sound like he's reading of script because he tends not to sound very fluent in these video's imo.

Is it Brandon or Ed with the lisp ?? and one of them also has an awkward accent ?? or my audio is broken.

Its Ed whose the weird one

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Its Ed whose the weird one

Is he the same one that didn't climb the mountain and has that scar ? - going to check MLG -

Yeah it's him.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Is he the same one that didn't climb the mountain and has that scar ? - going to check MLG -

Yeah it's him.

yeah, its the weird kid 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro