Star Wars: Battlefront - 40 Player battles, pre-order and No battlelog

werto165

Actually, it doesn't try it out.

One phrase: Offline Access.  Battlelog requires you to be online to play, making it impossible to play single player when the net is down (or non-existent).

I just watched the trailer. Oh Lord I need this game! I wonder what the requirements will be, as well. 

What was up with Vader? Does that mean people can play him or what? If not, then I thought there wasn't going to be a single player/story mode...?

and off topic but still needing attention.....

They released a poster for S2 of Rebels. Oh lordy. <33

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I have waited this game so long!! :D  I really hope that Battlefront series gets the game that it deserves!  :)

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

Actually, it doesn't try it out.

When offline (computer connected to no network (internal or WAN), it (on at least BF3) results in a Error 404 using Firefox and Battlelog. Did it change after BF3 (tested yesterday)? Maybe. Will that make me trust Battlefield, EA, or DICE? Hell no. Not buying their games again, and definitely not with multiplayer only (as it is likely not going to even attempt to emulate a singleplayer with bots).

The more that is released and leaked about BattleFront 3, the less I am impressed. If it runs and has a game, it would be surprising at this point.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

What was up with Vader? Does that mean people can play him or what?

Yes- some kind of hero unit with special abilities.

You can storm in as the Dark Lord himself," said "Battlefront" design director Niklas Fegraeus. "You can wield a lightsaber. You can Force choke the rebel scum, which is fun. Basically, you are the boss of the battle. This means that you, as Vader, can lead your team to victory — if you play well."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/b92adeca75b7425a84fe4bb02b115db0/star-wars-battlefront-unleashed-fan-convention

Yes- some kind of hero unit with special abilities.

You can storm in as the Dark Lord himself," said "Battlefront" design director Niklas Fegraeus. "You can wield a lightsaber. You can Force choke the rebel scum, which is fun. Basically, you are the boss of the battle. This means that you, as Vader, can lead your team to victory — if you play well."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/b92adeca75b7425a84fe4bb02b115db0/star-wars-battlefront-unleashed-fan-convention

Sweet, as long as there can only be one Vader per battle...is there a Rebel equivalent?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

When offline (computer connected to no network (internal or WAN), it (on at least BF3) results in a Error 404 using Firefox and Battlelog. Did it change after BF3 (tested yesterday)? Maybe. Will that make me trust Battlefield, EA, or DICE? Hell no. Not buying their games again, and definitely not with multiplayer only (as it is likely not going to even attempt to emulate a singleplayer with bots).

The more that is released and leaked about BattleFront 3, the less I am impressed. If it runs and has a game, it would be surprising at this point.

offline has always worked for me, since sp is the only thing you can do offline, origin will launch the SP menu, you obviously don't try to go to battlelog for it, origin tries to connect, as soon as it fails, launches hidden.exe which opens the menu for single player, that's how it has worked for me at least, since i have played a few bf3 levels with the internet disconnected, though i didn't got the game on day one, got it like 8 months post launch 

Sweet, as long as there can only be one Vader per battle...is there a Rebel equivalent?

yes, they said each faction has its own set of heroes, only vader and boba feet where revealed, they also said the way they work will depend mainly on the gamemode

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

offline has always worked for me, since sp is the only thing you can do offline, origin will launch the SP menu, you obviously don't try to go to battlelog for it, origin tries to connect, as soon as it fails, launches hidden.exe which opens the menu for single player, that's how it has worked for me at least, since i have played a few bf3 levels with the internet disconnected, though i didn't got the game on day one, got it like 8 months post launch 

What happened when I tried yesterday was Click on Battlefield 3 in Origin, click launch and it opened Firefox attempting to connect to battlelog. NO single player available as it would not load without a network to connect on.  

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

What happened when I tried yesterday was Click on Battlefield 3 in Origin, click launch and it opened Firefox attempting to connect to battlelog. NO single player available as it would not load without a network to connect on.  

does origin shows up as offline mode?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I never knew that this and Witcher 3 could come the same year. I love 2015

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

This game does not seems like a new battlefront. They stripped it of all things that make it battlefront. No real single player, no space battles, no galactic conquest. It seems like they really fucked it up, I am willing to wait another year to get all of that stuff into the game, instead of Starwars: Battlefront Multiplayer. Is this what you have been working so hard on DICE? A game with basically just multiplayer? I expected more. This is my childhood, and I have wanted a new one for basically my entire life,and they give me just multiplayer. I say take it back and give it to me when it is completed, space battles and all.

EDIT: Now dont get me wrong, I respect the Devs, Im just saying they should wait and make the full game not just multiplayer

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

This game does not seems like a new battlefront. They stripped it of all things that make it battlefront. No real single player, no space battles, no galactic conquest. It seems like they really fucked it up, I am willing to wait another year to get all of that stuff into the game, instead of Starwars: Battlefront Multiplayer. Is this what you have been working so hard on DICE? A game with basically just multiplayer? I expected more. This is my childhood, and I have wanted a new one for basically my entire life,and they give me just multiplayer. I say take it back and give it to me when it is completed, space battles and all.

EDIT: Now dont get me wrong, I respect the Devs, Im just saying they should wait and make the full game not just multiplayer

A game of that sort of scope, something similar to GTA would take at least 3-5 years of development, DICE/EA don't have that time, as EA are most likely pressuring DICE to get the game out the door as soon as possible. It's a shame, however I will still buy it regardless, many youtubers have said it looks amazing visuals wise in actual gameplay, and I tend to agree. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

A game of that sort of scope, something similar to GTA would take at least 3-5 years of development, DICE/EA don't have that time, as EA are most likely pressuring DICE to get the game out the door as soon as possible. It's a shame, however I will still buy it regardless, many youtubers have said it looks amazing visuals wise in actual gameplay, and I tend to agree. 

It looks like a great game, its just a bit of a disappointment, such huge potential in such incompetent hands

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

If it would take 3-5 years to make a great game then EA should give them the time. All this yearly franchise rush job bullshit is why it took BF4 nearly a year to get fixed, causes full priced expansion packs like Hardline, and means a game with the huge potential of Battlefront will be nothing but a Star Wars skin slapped lazily over BF4. EA would have my money right now if Battlefront sounded like something special, but it doesn't. I've never been a huge fan of the franchise, but it's not felt more like a poor imitation of Battlefield like it does now. It won't look as good as the "in engine" trailer they showed and the "gameplay" they showed off at the event was probably just a heavily scripted sequence recorded. EA and DICE have a tall mountain to climb before they convince me on this one.

I have never watched any star wars movies but still I am hyped for no reason.

If it would take 3-5 years to make a great game then EA should give them the time. All this yearly franchise rush job bullshit is why it took BF4 nearly a year to get fixed, causes full priced expansion packs like Hardline, and means a game with the huge potential of Battlefront will be nothing but a Star Wars skin slapped lazily over BF4. EA would have my money right now if Battlefront sounded like something special, but it doesn't. I've never been a huge fan of the franchise, but it's not felt more like a poor imitation of Battlefield like it does now. It won't look as good as the "in engine" trailer they showed and the "gameplay" they showed off at the event was probably just a heavily scripted sequence recorded. EA and DICE have a tall mountain to climb before they convince me on this one.

They honestly should give them the time, but we all know they won't. We all know they are creating hype so people will buy it, make money, then do the same thing next year. I hate this, I would rather have a great game every 3-5 years, than a half assed game every year.

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

They honestly should give them the time, but we all know they won't. We all know they are creating hype so people will buy it, make money, then do the same thing next year. I hate this, I would rather have a great game every 3-5 years, than a half assed game every year.

Yeah. The big three (EA, Ubi, Acti) for some reason believe they have to release yearly installments of their big franchises instead of giving the studios time to really make something new and special. If anyone actually gave a damn and wanted to make something special instead of yet another soulless multiplayer Battlefield/COD game Battlefront could have been something special and amazing. Can you imagine what 32 or even 64 person huge space battles would look like in the Frostbite engine with all of DICE's rather impressive resources behind it? A big galactic conquest mode surrounding that concept.

All I wanted to be confirmed are hero/villains. I always loved playing Han Solo in BF2 and destroying my buddies.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

No battlelog? fuck off

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I think this is great, Battlelog was always a lazy thing to me, all of it (maybe not the news and forum parts) should be in the game.

Egws7yO_zaqd.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Star Wars: Battlefront Assistant Producer Jesper Nielsen has confirmed that, in spite of what you may have heard elsewhere, the game will not make use of the multiplayer portal Battlelog.

The initial claim seems to have come from Game Rant, which said back in February that Star Wars: Battlefront would incorporate Battlelog. It sounded reasonable: Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, and even Medal of Honor: Warfighter employ it for their multiplayer functionality, and Star Wars: Battlefront is most definitely a multiplayer-focused game. But Nielsen's response on NeoGAF was unequivocal.

"That article is based on the fact that the Uprise website mentions that Uprise is working on Star Wars Battlefront. While Uprise has been doing Battlelog, does that automatically mean that we will do Battlelog for Star Wars Battlefront?" he wrote. "No, it won't. That can only be an assumption, and I can tell you, no, there won't be Battlelog for Star Wars Battlefront."

As for what it will use, a DICE rep said on Reddit that the system "is built from scratch," and that there will be "no browser game launching." Beyond that, however, he said only that "all will be revealed in due time." Cue dramatic music!

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-will-not-use-battlelog-after-all/

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Battlefrontlog

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

i heard no single player either:(

hopefully there will be an offline mode 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled