Experiences with non-techies

This rich kid at my school has an Xbox one, Xbox 360, PS4, a 50 inch 1080p smart TV, with his own pool table in his man cave. But he still uses an XP computer with an athlon 7750x2 processor and a 8500 gt.

CPU: Intel i5-4590  ll CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo ll  Mobo:  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  ll  RAM: 4x4GB (16GB) Corsair Vengance  ll GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ll PSU: EVGA NEX650 G1 80+ Gold ll Storage:  Segate 7200PRM 1TB HDD , MX100 256GB SSD ll Case: CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced w/ modded window ll  Display: Insignia 22' 1080p Tv ll  Speakers: Logitch Z313 w/ subwoofer  ll Keyboard: Logitec G910 ll  Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

This rich kid at my school has an Xbox one, Xbox 360, PS4, a 50 inch 1080p smart TV, with his own pool table in his man cave. But he still uses an XP computer with an athlon 7750x2 processor and a 8500 gt.

Have you ever asked him why he doesn't replace his PC?

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

So my friend just bought this and said it was a good deal because it was on sale for 100$ off.
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX54327

Part 2:The Story Continues

So I was chatting to my buddy today after our English final exam and we get talking about games and he starts talking about witcher 3 so im listening and then he says this.

"It isn't as fluent as it needs to be"

This is his first ever time gaming on PC so a fluent 30fps would satisfy this guy, so I just stare at him and just say strait to his face

"Well no shit Sherlock your running a 760, I told you to get something else but you never listened so don't start crying and bitching about poor game performance."

He then said this

"But it's a i7 it should be amazing at games"

I then had a 10 minute discussion about the basics of gaming PC building and hardware to educate his sorry soul, in the end I told him to do research and ask advice from knowledgeable people before spending money on things.

Part 3 it gets better.

So he cant return it now, because its been too long. But today I was at the place he bought it from, looking at the clearance shelf, low and behold there is one sitting there for 1000$, I'm not telling him though because he will just get more upset.

Part 3 it gets better.

So he cant return it now, because its been too long. But today I was at the place he bought it from, looking at the clearance shelf, low and behold there is one sitting there for 1000$, I'm not telling him though because he will just get more upset.

Even at a $1000 it's Kindda a rip,off. It can't be as bad as ibuyPower, a i7-5820k, 1tb drive, 256gb SSD 16gbs of ram, a sick noctis 450 case, all this good windows, Microsoft stuff, and wait.

THEY PUT A 750Ti Into it hahahahahahahahaha. A $1920 prebuilt PC with a 750Ti

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Ugh. You guys need to to pity me here. So my cousin has seen the light and he decides to build one of his own PC (Disclaimer: This is not one of THOSE stories) So I shave about 400 dollars off the build. Anyways. Me and my cousin are so excited to build it. Then my mom has to fucking ruin it. (God fuck newegg's disclaimer) she brings up the point that it's my uncles and aunts money and to throw in a great depression bit as well? Anyways, she yells at me as I need supervision cause it cause a fire. I know that and everyone else on the forum know that. She has no say, neither does my grandma, which is also saying I need supervision. Say hi to my dad's friend. Mom forced him to supervise. And he basically took all of the credit for building it, despite he just told me what to do despite I knew everything.he's asking for his approval, well thank god I can. Guess everyone hates me. Well fuck u, mom.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

When people at school save their items into the D: Drive instead of the H: Drive (H: Drive is personal and can be accessed by any computer you log into) and I "accidentally" type a batch file with " del D: " , and me spamming N and my friend pressing enter, and then I purposely press Y and he reacts too slow to it and presses enter.

RIP work.

oh man im going to have to try this when school starts! 

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

Even at a $1000 it's Kindda a rip,off. It can't be as bad as ibuyPower, a i7-5820k, 1tb drive, 256gb SSD 16gbs of ram, a sick noctis 450 case, all this good windows, Microsoft stuff, and wait.

THEY PUT A 750Ti Into it hahahahahahahahaha. A $1920 prebuilt PC with a 750Ti

But it has a 6 core i7 that would destroy games, xD

It's still kind of a rip off but it's Canadian so it's not that bad, and I have to say the case looks damn sexy.

Wait till you see our police officers in Croatia... some of them, when they take your PC, they also take your printer and monitor. If accidentally you have some data on them...

And my friend also is getting a new PC, and he says he's getting a i5. I'm like "okay...". Later next day he says "I'm getting a 6 or 8 core i5!". To which i respond "There is no such a thing..." Then he says "Well then it's a i7". THEN AGAIN I SAY "You are going have to change your motherboard...." He responds "No i don't have to...." I respond "Yes you do because all 6 and 8 cores are on 2011 platform, and you planned to have 1150." Then he says the last one "What are platforms?" Then i just went away... xD

Wait till you see our police officers in Croatia... some of them, when they take your PC, they also take your printer and monitor. If accidentally you have some data on them...

Why would they take your PC ?

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Why would they take your PC ?

If you have hacked something governments and stuff like that...

And my friend also is getting a new PC, and he says he's getting a i5. I'm like "okay...". Later next day he says "I'm getting a 6 or 8 core i5!". To which i respond "There is no such a thing..." Then he says "Well then it's a i7". THEN AGAIN I SAY "You are going have to change your motherboard...." He responds "No i don't have to...." I respond "Yes you do because all 6 and 8 cores are on 2011 platform, and you planned to have 1150." Then he says the last one "What are platforms?" Then i just went away... xD

If it was me in your place i would've asked him "Show me this i5 6 or 8 core you speak of , would love to see it"

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

If you have hacked something governments and stuff like that...

Oh yeah, of course. I was worried it was about some smaller things. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

If it was me in your place i would've asked him "Show me this i5 6 or 8 core you speak of , would love to see it"

Yeah xD, but the most disturbing thing is that he doesn't know the model of the CPU like 4690, 4440, 4460 and stuff like that... and he says that there is a 4.0 gHz i5, like no turbo and stuff. I checked and every i5 doesn't come out of factory with 4 gHz clock speed... only turboing to 3.8.... it made me cringe more than Linus "watercooling" iMac...

When people at school save their items into the D: Drive instead of the H: Drive (H: Drive is personal and can be accessed by any computer you log into) and I "accidentally" type a batch file with " del D: " , and me spamming N and my friend pressing enter, and then I purposely press Y and he reacts too slow to it and presses enter.

RIP work.

I save to the d rive (unless i use it on another pc, then it's to my h drive) but, I do that because I'm too lazy to keep files organized on a slow computer that I only use for 80 mins every other day. Save it to downloads and be done with it.

(people who save everything to downloads annoy me so much (even though i do it on the school computers). On my computer at home, I have nada on my desktop and nada in my downloads ('cept after I download something) I keep MY stuff nice and clean. I don't like having to go searching through everything for one word document that is for some reason saved under pictures. There's a "My Documents" folder for a reason people.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I save to the d rive (unless i use it on another pc, then it's to my h drive) but, I do that because I'm too lazy to keep files organized on a slow computer that I only use for 80 mins every other day. Save it to downloads and be done with it.

(people who save everything to downloads annoy me so much (even though i do it on the school computers). On my computer at home, I have nada on my desktop and nada in my downloads ('cept after I download something) I keep MY stuff nice and clean. I don't like having to go searching through everything for one word document that is for some reason saved under pictures. There's a "My Documents" folder for a reason people.

I have a 118GB Downloads folder, and that is because it mostly contains software. There are a crapton of installers, ISOs and other kinds of stuff in there.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

But it has a 6 core i7 that would destroy games, xD

It's still kind of a rip off but it's Canadian so it's not that bad, and I have to say the case looks damn sexy.

thaty case is just an overpriced "gamery" h-440 with a better fan controller and nice led's at the bottom

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

I have a 118GB Downloads folder, and that is because it mostly contains software. There are a crapton of installers, ISOs and other kinds of stuff in there.

The cringing is real., I would jut make a folder for "ISO's" and delete the installers, because if you need to fix or reinstall something, you've got the control panel thingy (too lazy to check the name).

btw, I can't even, that many installers doe...

top left in the back

Sorry about replying so late, I was in France for a few weeks. Holy shit it lights up! Look at my shiny the logo lights up! I cant believe I went 6 months without noticing that... O.o

Look at my shiny. The logo lights up

Sorry about replying so late, I was in France for a few weeks. Holy shit it lights up! Look at my shiny the logo lights up! I cant believe I went 6 months without noticing that... O.o

led master-race

The cringing is real., I would jut make a folder for "ISO's" and delete the installers, because if you need to fix or reinstall something, you've got the control panel thingy (too lazy to check the name).

btw, I can't even, that many installers doe...

I have a folder for ISOs on my server, but I keep local copies too for quicker access. And there's a lot more in there than ISOs and installers...

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Internet Download Manager pretty much keeps my Downloads folder all tidy in separate folders depending on the filetype so i don't have to bother with tidying it up myself.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Also i can relate to Paperchase. Well in a way. That friend i was talking about used to say that he knew everything about hardware. So i put that to a theory. We had a poster at the back of the classroom with all the components and the list and the names of them.... so i cover it up, and i ask him to show me the motherboard. He pointed at the CPU. I still facepalm to this day. It was like a year ago...

I have a folder for ISOs on my server, but I keep local copies too for quicker access. And there's a lot more in there than ISOs and installers...

liek pr0nz?

Internet Download Manager pretty much keeps my Downloads folder all tidy in separate folders depending on the filetype so i don't have to bother with tidying it up myself.

interne download manager??? O.o

Also i can relate to Paperchase. Well in a way. That friend i was talking about used to say that he knew everything about hardware. So i put that to a theory. We had a poster at the back of the classroom with all the components and the list and the names of them.... so i cover it up, and i ask him to show me the motherboard. He pointed at the CPU. I still facepalm to this day. It was like a year ago...

i think 70% of LTT forums can relate to this. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen