Experiences with non-techies

Internet Download Manager pretty much keeps my Downloads folder all tidy in separate folders depending on the filetype so i don't have to bother with tidying it up myself.

Oh noes.... useless crap software.  :P I guess it is nice and saves you time,  but personally I really don't like having much running in the background.

I don't do signatures.

When me and my friends watch movie using laptop but it's not set to full screen

I'll be like:

rw99Now_700wa_0.gif

DOUBLE CLICK THE DAMN SCREEN

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I have a folder for ISOs on my server, but I keep local copies too for quicker access. And there's a lot more in there than ISOs and installers...

If you know what I mean *wink wink*

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

This rich kid at my school has an Xbox one, Xbox 360, PS4, a 50 inch 1080p smart TV, with his own pool table in his man cave. But he still uses an XP computer with an athlon 7750x2 processor and a 8500 gt.

Oh god, the gaming HTPCs I have on PCPartpicker are dying to played on that 50 in....

Even at a $1000 it's Kindda a rip,off. It can't be as bad as ibuyPower, a i7-5820k, 1tb drive, 256gb SSD 16gbs of ram, a sick noctis 450 case, all this good windows, Microsoft stuff, and wait.

THEY PUT A 750Ti Into it hahahahahahahahaha. A $1920 prebuilt PC with a 750Ti

Still waiting for a manufacturer who knows how to balance CPUs and GPUs...

Ugh. You guys need to to pity me here. So my cousin has seen the light and he decides to build one of his own PC (Disclaimer: This is not one of THOSE stories) So I shave about 400 dollars off the build. Anyways. Me and my cousin are so excited to build it. Then my mom has to fucking ruin it. (God fuck newegg's disclaimer) she brings up the point that it's my uncles and aunts money and to throw in a great depression bit as well? Anyways, she yells at me as I need supervision cause it cause a fire. I know that and everyone else on the forum know that. She has no say, neither does my grandma, which is also saying I need supervision. Say hi to my dad's friend. Mom forced him to supervise. And he basically took all of the credit for building it, despite he just told me what to do despite I knew everything.he's asking for his approval, well thank god I can. Guess everyone hates me. Well fuck u, mom.

Wow your family just kinda sucks.... And why would that guy just take credit for something you did?

And my friend also is getting a new PC, and he says he's getting a i5. I'm like "okay...". Later next day he says "I'm getting a 6 or 8 core i5!". To which i respond "There is no such a thing..." Then he says "Well then it's a i7". THEN AGAIN I SAY "You are going have to change your motherboard...." He responds "No i don't have to...." I respond "Yes you do because all 6 and 8 cores are on 2011 platform, and you planned to have 1150." Then he says the last one "What are platforms?" Then i just went away... xD

2011-3 or Haswell-E. That's the refresh, 2011 is older

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Okay so a friend of mine wanted to build a computer by him self. (He has zero experience he's only seen me build them that's it...)

So I order most of the parts and he orders the power supply and hard drive.. 

I had everything shipped to his house it was all their in June the 15th... 

He calls me June the 25th... 

Sooo kyle, I have tried to put this dam blasted crap together a thousand times now and I just can't fiqure it out like where does the CD even go in at? And blah blah blah... I couldn't stop laughing half way threw.

So I get their at his house and I'm looking at this disaster on the floor... (HORRIFIED) 

The Hard drive was for an IDE cable... (WHERE DID HE EVEN FIND AN IDE HARD DRIVE???)

the sata cables where crammed into the hard drive like he had bought more because he said their was still pins left over... (face palmed)

The GPU was in the bottom slot at least it was in a GPU slot...

The fans where duck-tapped on...

The CPU cooler had no paste on it (he used it when inserting the GPU....) Was told by one of his friends I guess that it would help slide it in.....

The power supply was not even in the case he tapped it to the top... I don't even know how the cables managed to reach...

I mean I could go on... but I'm just gonna let you figure the rest out...

Okay so a friend of mine wanted to build a computer by him self. (He has zero experience he's only seen me build them that's it...)

Sooo kyle, I have tried to put this dam blasted crap together a thousand times now and I just can't fiqure it out like where does the CD even go in at? And blah blah blah... I couldn't stop laughing half way threw.

So I get their at his house and I'm looking at this disaster on the floor... (HORRIFIED) 

The Hard drive was for an IDE cable... (WHERE DID HE EVEN FIND AN IDE HARD DRIVE???)

the sata cables where crammed into the hard drive like he had bought more because he said their was still pins left over... (face palmed)

The CPU cooler had no paste on it (he used it when inserting the GPU....) Was told by one of his friends I guess that it would help slide it in.....

The power supply was not even in the case he tapped it to the top... I don't even know how the cables managed to reach...

Any pics?

Also I have 2 IDE HDDs on me... just waiting for a dock and another HDD to get the data off...

Ya but he had ordered that IDE new...not used........ I didn't know WD even made IDE's anymore.

No sadly I don't. I tried but he got angry unfortunately.

We did need to replace the motherboard tho... and some cables, and clean up the GPU. And ya... just so much went wrong with that. 

this was last year too.. 

Ya but he had ordered that IDE new...not used........ I didn't know WD even made IDE's anymore.

Well, knowing the way shops work, new probably means unopened rather than literally new.

thaty case is just an overpriced "gamery" h-440 with a better fan controller and nice led's at the bottom

This is true, H440's are the most beautiful things ever, I got one for my new build last week and I love the sleek look it has.

that moment when people say a cpu is a whole computer..

Sometimes I just go with this when dealing with people who want their PCs fixed since explaining stuff would take too long...

Oh god, the gaming HTPCs I have on PCPartpicker are dying to played on that 50 in....

Still waiting for a manufacturer who knows how to balance CPUs and GPUs...

Wow your family just kinda sucks.... And why would that guy just take credit for something you did?

2011-3 or Haswell-E. That's the refresh, 2011 is older

There wont be a good balanced prebuilt until you need a high end i7 to run whatever gpu setup is in it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

There wont be a good balanced prebuilt until you need a high end i7 to run whatever gpu setup is in it.

*ahem*

i7 with GT210

*ahem*

I would have to disagree, there is this one that is sold at the place I buy almost all my hardware from.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX55726

It's overpriced, but balanced and even supports adding more ram or SLI as a upgrade, the only thing they managed to fuck up royally is the SSD.

I don't know how anyone else feels but some people just shouldn't be allowed to use technology

They're just not included in anyone's tech roadmap. They stray from the path and should be brought back to the right way

We need to have a tech version of Jehovah's Witness and go to everyone's door preaching the teachings of the almighty GabeN and our other saviours 

They're just not included in anyone's tech roadmap. They stray from the path and should be brought back to the right way

We need to have a tech version of Jehovah's Witness and go to everyone's door preaching the teachings of the almighty GabeN and our other saviours 

holy crap this must happen

He told me that he couldnt get the "mounting system" to work properly.

I said id come over in 20 mins. I had just stepped outside when he called and said he figured it out.

My mind said uh-oh. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

So last summer my friend decided his cpu cooler was too loud (stock amd)

He asked me what cpu cooler he should buy.

"Idk get the noctua nh-u12s or something similar"

And so he did

3 days later (package arrival)

He told me that he couldnt get the "mounting system" to work properly.

I said id come over in 20 mins. I had just stepped outside when he called and said he figured it out.

1 week later he came up to me and that he wasnt impressed with the cpu cooler "Its not quiet and my cpu is like 60°c after ideling for 5 min ,im never buying Noctua again"

So i went to his house to check his pc.

I removed the side panel, only to discover that there were no mounting brackets for the cooler, i asked why. With a smile on his face he said "I just got some superglue from my dad! They included some in the box but it was shit so i threw it away"

Luckily i mannaged to salvage both the cpu and the heatsink..

How the hell is he that stupid, did he not see that what was holding on the old cooler was not superglue, and can he even read?

No, if you have a low end card, it should have a low end CPU, and same for high end stuff. If you upgrade to a better GPU setup, then you get a better CPU

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Did no one tell him all you really need these days is a Phillips screwdriver and possibly an anti-static wristband?