Experiences with non-techies

My friend thinking that maybe he can put a r9 270x on his laptop

Well, there are ways to do it like Alienware Graphics Amplifier and some others. But simply put it in the laptop itself.... yeah, good luck with that. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Woops, wasn't even thinking.  Trying to reset my sleeping schedule, so I've been awake for just about 24 hours now.  Sorry!

I'll refrain from posting until I've had some rest.

are you seeing imaginary bugs yet?

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

My friends wants a 300 dollar PC, so I made him this link:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s3CDFT

Then I ask him how buy a decent monitor keyboard and mouse.

So he just says, MONEY. DUH. And then he says, I dont need that crap

:( :( :( :(

the 5800k has the game GPU as my current laptop. (not nice. T^T ) 

go with a A8 7600 instead, it has the highest end GPU amd has so far fit into an APU but with a slgihtly weaker cpu than stuf like the 7850k. 

also upgrade that ram to like 1866 or 2000+ 

memory speeds are SUPER important awith an APU build. why ya think graphics cards have gddr5 at 6000mhz or more. :P

some compatability issue you might wanna watch out for but heres a badass list. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XfdJZL

:D 

back on topic. 

ive been having a shitload of dumbness myself, 

powersupply as a 8 pin and a 6 pin. 

i need two 6 pins and an 8 pin. 

so i got a 3x molex to single 6 pin adapter. 

now i need a male to male molex adapter. 

shit. x'D 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I think he means that the laptops are good enough for the price... the desktops are a different matter altogether...

Yep and the Alpha is great for it's form factor, some of their PCs are great on sale I mean on time I saw a system with 4770K cheaper that buying it alone where I live, Dell support here is also good not horrible like US.

I hope it is the laptops he is talking about.

Above.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

go with a A8 7600 instead, it has the highest end GPU amd has so far fit into an APU but with a slgihtly weaker cpu than stuf like the 7850k. 

memory speeds are SUPER important awith an APU build. why ya think graphics cards have gddr5 at 6000mhz or more. :P

Prove that it has the same GPU.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Try working in a call center. oh the horror!

are you seeing imaginary bugs yet?

that doesnt happen for me untill i reach about 3 days without sleep. x'D 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Prove that it has the same GPU.

a 7660D gives me abour 30 frames a second in starbound with like two character mods installed. (at 1366x768)

a 7850k has the on-dye version of R7. gave jays two cents 70-ish frames a second in battlefield. (either 3 or 4, still fkn impressive) (720p, high settings) 

a 7600 with R7 on dye is a great deal. yes, its a weaker CPU and the iGPU is lower clocked, you can fix that yourself for free. 

do i reccomend APU machines? or really anything under 500$ (if you're buying new) NO

only in certian situations are APUs and sub 500$ (new parts() systems worht it. 

if you have some old A10 or A8 laptop, upgrade to some faster ram and make sure thigns stay cool. it'll work aight. 

buying used parts? go for it. 

want a low-power LAN machine? itx? under 600 dollars? quiet? APU APU APU APU

all the way. 

anyway. 

now, back on topic. 

im off to freegeek later today to try and find 3 male to male molex adapters...

i feel really dumb...

-Jim Hensen

some compatability issue you might wanna watch out for but heres a badass list. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XfdJZL

:D 

back on topic. 

ive been having a shitload of dumbness myself, 

powersupply as a 8 pin and a 6 pin. 

i need two 6 pins and an 8 pin. 

so i got a 3x molex to single 6 pin adapter. 

now i need a male to male molex adapter. 

shit. x'D

This guy is has no money, as he is relying on his birthday money to get a pc. All he wants to do is play COD and minecraft, and his step dad is very tech savvy, so he could OC his RAM to squeeze more preformance. Maybe when APU's go down in price ill get that A8, btw thanks for the advice, but heres what he can afford now: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gtnXNG he will upgrade so it wont hurt it to bad.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

a 7660D gives me abour 30 frames a second in starbound with like two character mods installed. (at 1366x768)

a 7850k has the on-dye version of R7. gave jays two cents 70-ish frames a second in battlefield. (either 3 or 4, still fkn impressive) (720p, high settings) 

a 7600 with R7 on dye is a great deal. yes, its a weaker CPU and the iGPU is lower clocked, you can fix that yourself for free. 

now, back on topic. 

im off to freegeek later today to try and find 3 male to male molex adapters...

i feel really dumb...

You didn't prove it has the same GPU in your laptop, so yeah.

R7 can mean 240, 250, 250X, 260, 260X, 265 chosse what you mean.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

In the 7850K it's R7 250.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Source ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

This guy is has no money, as he is relying on his birthday money to get a pc. All he wants to do is play COD and minecraft, and his step dad is very tech savvy, so he could OC his RAM to squeeze more preformance. Maybe when APU's go down in price ill get that A8, btw thanks for the advice, but heres what he can afford now: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gtnXNG he will upgrade so it wont hurt it to bad.

8470D? :o

even mah bae jack who is hardcore AMD fan says dual core AMD chips are REALLY not that fun. 

if we're entering the sun 60$ CPU and need okay graphics, 

for minecraft and some first person shooters? 5350 could do okay.... 

:/:D

-Jim Hensen

Source ??

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/dual-graphics#overview

Considering the fact that the R7 250 is the recommended card for dual graphics, it should be safe to assume that it's the same GPU that's on the 7850K itself. It's definitely not the 250X, because that's a GCN 1.0 card. And from personal experience I can tell you that it's definitely not a 260X.

Source ??

the A10 4600m with a 7660D has a 7660D

the 5800k has a 7660D. 

thats fkn proof. 

i dont care which it is, any R7 card is better than the 7660D. better then some other non- R7 igpus? no. its still better than the 7660D. 

can we get back on fkn topic? 

back on topic or i show you all hailey. 

you really dont wanna see hailey. 

-Jim Hensen

the A10 4600m with a 7660D has a 7660D

the 5800k has a 7660D. 

thats fkn proof. 

i dont care which it is, any R7 card is better than the 7660D. better then some other non- R7 igpus? no. its still better than the 7660D. 

can we get back on fkn topic? 

back on topic or i show you all hailey. 

How about no, the A10 4600M has the 7660G, the A10 5800K has the 7660D, so your fucking wrong and next time don't get mad when your clearly wrong and have no source, you didn't prove anything and I have proven that you are wrong so yeah girl next time try to make sure as me asking for a prove wasn't for nothing.

If I'm being harsh then I'm sorry but that pisses the fuck out of me.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/dual-graphics#overview

Considering the fact that the R7 250 is the recommended card for dual graphics, it should be safe to assume that it's the same GPU that's on the 7850K itself. It's definitely not the 250X, because that's a GCN 1.0 card. And from personal experience I can tell you that it's definitely not a 260X.

That isn't a source, it dual graphics with it because they both have DDR3 and GDDR5 with DDR3 sadly wont work, Dual Graphics doesn't need to be the same GPU as it's already known.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

How about no, the A10 4600M has the 7660G, the A10 5800K has the 7660D, so your fucking wrong and next time don't get mad when your clearly wrong and have no source, you didn't prove anything and I have proven that you are wrong so yeah girl next time try to make sure as me asking for a prove wasn't for nothing.

That isn't a source, it dual graphics with it because they both have DDR3 and GDDR5 with DDR3 sadly wont work, Dual Graphics doesn't need to be the same GPU as it's already known.

How about you take a detailed look at mobile APUs? The only difference between the 7660G and 7660D is that one is for mobile APUs, the other is for desktop.

And after taking a more detailed look, it seems that the 7850K has an R7 250 with more shaders (512 instead of 384) while the A8-7600 has the exact same core config as the R7 250.

noo, there is a A10 4600m with a 7660g and an A10 4600m with a 7660D. 

dont ask my why. 

also. 

FUCK IT. 

YOU DIDNT GO BACK ON TOPIC. 

TIME FOR HAILEY

*whispers very close to your face*

i warned you... 

SICK EM HAILEY

post-122995-0-02070000-1427487623_thumb.

-Jim Hensen

How about you take a detailed look at mobile APUs? The only difference between the 7660G and 7660D is that one is for mobile APUs, the other is for desktop.

And after taking a more detailed look, it seems that the 7850K has an R7 250 with more shaders (512 instead of 384) while the A8-7600 has the exact same core config as the R7 250.

^^^^^

i also mentioned there are two different 4600m's.

i dont know either. x'D 

the first time i botted this guy it said 7660G but ever scicne its said 7660D. so im calling its a different version. 

now cna we PLEASE get back on topic. 

-Jim Hensen

So it isn't the same GPU in the R7 250 and I never talked about the 7600, you just contradicted yourself you said it's safe to assume it's the GPU on the 7850K then say that it has more sharers, and sources please.

And no the 7660D is higer clocked that the 7660G and the 7660D can be OCed so yeah.

Source for 7600D

Source for 7660G

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

noo, there is a A10 4600m with a 7660g and an A10 4600m with a 7660D. 

dont ask my why. 

also. 

FUCK IT. 

YOU DIDNT GO BACK ON TOPIC. 

TIME FOR HAILEY

*whispers very close to your face*

i warned you... 

SICK EM HAILEY

Again you prove nothing, you don't have any sources.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Again you prove nothing, you don't have any sources.

im not trying to prove anything. 

im trying to end the fucking conversation. 

T^T 

-Jim Hensen

One of my neighbors gave me her relatively new mac laptop (junk imo) because she thought her lcd was defective on it when really she was using the laptop in a bright room, with the lcd brightness as low as it goes causing the lcd to look superrr dim, almost black.

So it isn't the same GPU in the R7 250 and I never talked about the 7600, you just contradicted yourself you said it's safe to assume it's the GPU on the 7850K then say that it has more sharers, and sources please.

And no the 7660D is higer clocked that the 7660G and the 7660D can be OCed so yeah.

Source for 7600D

Source for 7660G

Sauces:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Radeon_Rx_200_series#Chipset_table

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_accelerated_processing_unit_microprocessors#.22Kaveri.22_.282014.2C_28_nm.29