Experiences with non-techies

I just happened to see they were throwing it out and asked if I could have one. 

The youtube videos I saw where at night, and they where just opening black garbage bags. A dude found two servers (company probably upgraded). No HDDs but worked 100% fine [intel xeons].

I wouldn't mind running a awesome MC server.

The youtube videos I saw where at night, and they where just opening black garbage bags. A dude found two servers (company probably upgraded). No HDDs but worked 100% fine [intel xeons].

I wouldn't mind running a awesome MC server.

I can understand upgrading but just throwing the machines out to a landfill? They could give them to goodwill or someone that donates them to the less fortunate. 

I can understand upgrading but just throwing the machines out to a landfill? They could give them to goodwill or someone that donates them to the less fortunate. 

Well as you can see from prior posts mr garbagegif, they just throw them out (there's reason too).

Find a reason to buy new computers on the state's dime, get more funding, all that.

They don't throw out laptops because they're stupid and know it's a simple fix, they label them as "dead" to get a new + better one.

Well as you can see from prior posts mr garbagegif, they just throw them out (there's reason too).

Find a reason to buy new computers on the state's dime, get more funding, all that.

They don't throw out laptops because they're stupid and know it's a simple fix, they label them as "dead" to get a new + better one.

This basically describes the NYCDOE.

Heh, I've had that gif for a long time. Thinking of making my own avatar. 

Yeah I mean my old C2D laptop with an even slower proc still works just fine for anything a school could use it for. Office products, basic video editing + rendering, hell it can even play portal at somewhat decent framerate. Youtube 720p60fps or 1080p works just fine and so does netflix. 

Heh, I've had that gif for a long time. Thinking of making my own avatar. 

Yeah I mean my old C2D laptop with an even slower proc still works just fine for anything a school could use it for. Office products, basic video editing + rendering, hell it can even play portal at somewhat decent framerate. Youtube 720p60fps or 1080p works just fine and so does netflix. 

my college has the highest end macs, and 100up/down wifi.

just because it gets the job done for that crap, doesn't meant a science teacher doesn't want a super duper computer to play games on. sorry i mean "work on exel shit at home".

edit: i remember people by icons.

Edited by marat569

my college has the highest end macs, and 100up/down wifi.

just because it gets the job done for that crap, doesn't meant a science teacher doesn't want a super duper computer to play games on. sorry i mean "work on exel shit at home".

edit: i remember people by icons.

All the teachers at our school had c2d desktops in their rooms, well they dumped those and gave them all i5 laptops. And all the 6th and 7th graders iPad 3rd generations. Guess what is loaded on those? Shit ton of games.

All the teachers at our school had c2d desktops in their rooms, well they dumped those and gave them all i5 laptops. And all the 6th and 7th graders iPad 3rd generations. Guess what is loaded on those? Shit ton of games.

Who can blame them, anybody would do the same.

I actually flipped out today because during a quiet work session kids kept hitting SHIFT five times (which enables Sticky Keys and makes the most fucking annoying sound) and at a girl who asked "HOW DO YOU GET TO MS WORD?" I was just like "FUCK YOU" and got up, walked to the laptop, hit START+R, entered "winword", and left.

I actually flipped out today because during a quiet work session kids kept hitting SHIFT five times (which enables Sticky Keys and makes the most fucking annoying sound) and at a girl who asked "HOW DO YOU GET TO MS WORD?" I was just like "FUCK YOU" and got up, walked to the laptop, hit START+R, entered "winword", and left.

I also do many things through run (notepad, mspaint, sublime (added it to variables))

I also do many things through run (notepad, mspaint, sublime (added it to variables))

I just type the name of the program into Start. That way I can get an elevated command prompt just by typing cmd pressing ctrl+shift+enter.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I just type the name of the program into Start. That way I can get an elevated command prompt just by typing cmd pressing ctrl+shift+enter.

Didn't know about that! Does it work for other programs too? Too tired to check myself (going to sleep in a few minutes lol)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm basically programmed to do windowkey-r + cmd; also I have a custom shell to "run cmd in this directory"

I'm basically programmed to do windowkey-r + cmd; also I have a custom shell to "run cmd in this directory"

I'm programmed to do that too. Whenever I need to take a screenshot I automatically do WinKey + R and type in "snippingtool".

I'm programmed to do that too. Whenever I need to take a screenshot I automatically do WinKey + R and type in "snippingtool".

you know if you do alt+printscreen it takes a screenshot of the active window. 

then I go straight to imgur and just ctrl-v and it uploads right away :)

you know if you do alt+printscreen it takes a screenshot of the active window.

then I go straight to imgur and just ctrl-v and it uploads right away :)

And win+printscreen will save the screenshot to the pictures folder.

Anyway, on to my non-thechie story. I was at church tonight, and they were having trouble let with their projector pc connecting to the Internet. Well, I opened cmd, and everyone around me were like MIND=BLOWN.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Watching other kids use school laptops (like now) is painful.

Hey did you play a few rounds of CS:GO with a kid with an AWP Asiimov named harcu or harcu_is_boss? He said he played with someone named "WingNut" and offered to lick his butthole if you cluchted the round with the Scout.

Look at my shiny. The logo lights up

Why all the hate towards Norton?

I use OSX, and generally don't download and execute random .bat shite, so I don't need no antivirus software.

-_-

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Hey did you play a few rounds of CS:GO with a kid with an AWP Asiimov named harcu or harcu_is_boss? He said he played with someone named "WingNut" and offered to lick his butthole if you cluchted the round with the Scout.

The only game I play is OpenBVE and that's an open-source train simulator...so no.

The only game I play is OpenBVE and that's an open-source train simulator...so no.

Damnit. I got excited about that for a second.

Look at my shiny. The logo lights up