Experiences with non-techies

So my school just updated their proxy and now a whole load of sites were blocked (including the schools own website) and the internet is crawling.post-109353-0-38195400-1421956784.jpeg

So that happened.

It started off about 0.05Mbps and slowly dropped to that. Everytime it happened over and over again.

My school needs to get their act together.

So my school just updated their proxy and now a whole load of sites were blocked (including the schools own website) and the internet is crawling.

So that happened.

It started off about 0.05Mbps and slowly dropped to that. Everytime it happened over and over again.

I was going to say, cover up that IP, but it is your schools. :P

Also, that sounds like my internet.. I had to bitch at the owner last night of my internet provider I run through to get him to fix my speeds... He tried to say the speedtest of .73Mb/s down, .8Mb/s up, and a ping of 114 wasn't reliable since we were redlining... SPOTIFY DOESN'T PIN A FUCKING 3Mb/s CONNECTION GODDAMMIT. AND MY PING SHOULDN'T RISE BY 80-300+ WHEN UNDER LOAD.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

zdfgadfvadfabadhbadfb

Sorry guys. Left the computer unattended. And my friends did that...

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

I was going to say, cover up that IP, but it is your schools. :P

Also, that sounds like my internet.. I had to bitch at the owner last night of my internet provider I run through to get him to fix my speeds... He tried to say the speedtest of .73Mb/s down, .8Mb/s up, and a ping of 114 wasn't reliable since we were redlining... SPOTIFY DOESN'T PIN A FUCKING 3Mb/s CONNECTION GODDAMMIT. AND MY PING SHOULDN'T RISE BY 80-300+ WHEN UNDER LOAD.

I don't care if my school gets DDOS attacked.

That must be rough, I feel sorry for you...

Speaking of throttling connections, my Mum is sure our ISP is throttling outs to try and get us on to fiber but there is no fibre in our area :( I am not so sure but it is possible.

zdfgadfvadfabadhbadfb

"friends" Are they on LTT?

zdfgadfvadfabadhbadfb

One time I signed out of LTT and then a friend hit back and tried to post a status saying "my mom sucks dick" but since I was signed out it gave him an error when he tried to post it.

zdfgadfvadfabadhbadfb

This is why I have trust issues...

jk

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

I don't care if my school gets DDOS attacked.

That must be rough, I feel sorry for you...

Speaking of throttling connections, my Mum is sure our ISP is throttling outs to try and get us on to fiber but there is no fibre in our area :( I am not so sure but it is possible.

"friends" Are they on LTT?

Nope. I'm in band class. Walked out to get my trumpet. SO yea.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

So my school just updated their proxy and now a whole load of sites were blocked (including the schools own website) and the internet is crawling. 0.00Mbps 19.1.15.jpeg

So that happened.

Blocking your own website? Good fucking lord...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Me: Can your potato xbox run crysis 3?

Kid at camp: Yeah, at glorious 1080i resolution!

Me: Thats crap you know..

Kid at camp: I like it because it's brighter

Everyone in the room: tumblr_ml3zjyGk2f1s2kzvmo1_500.gif

That's like putting together a PC part list and cheaping out on everything except the case and lighting...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

That's like putting together a PC part list and cheaping out on everything except the case and lighting...

Buys 900D, goes with stock cooling, GT640, Pentium G3258, and an ITX board. Pretty sure I saw someone post a picture of their rig and it had a 900D and ITX motherboard.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Buys 900D, goes with stock cooling, GT640, Pentium G3258, and an ITX board. Pretty sure I saw someone post a picture of their rig and it had a 900D and ITX motherboard.

to be fair I hve an mATX motherboard in an 800d... but that's only because I got the case used for free and I already had the other parts ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I see people restarting the monitor and not the actual computer at school when something goes crappy.

then when someone actually restarts the PC, they complain about the slow boot times xD

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

As a network engineer... seeing all these posts about people not understanding the Internet makes me sad  -_-

I mean, come on. My mom knows more than these people, and she's in her mid-50's.

I also see a shit ton of people at school using IE and complaining about the school internet being so slow. It's a 15/10 connection.

I also hate the boot times on school computers after having used an SSD.

I also see a shit ton of people at school using IE and complaining about the school internet being so slow. It's a 15/10 connection.

I agree. When my computer didn't have an SSD, I could get some cereal, and a cup of coffee to come back to see it just finish the Welcome screen... Now after the splash screen, it literally skips the Welcome screen. I can't even leave my chair faster then it.

Then my school computers take literally 20-30 minutes to boot.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I agree. When my computer didn't have an SSD, I could get some cereal, and a cup of coffee to come back to see it just finish the Welcome screen... Now after the splash screen, it literally skips the Welcome screen. I can't even leave my chair faster then it.

My computer goes through the orbs in 7 seconds but after the orbs it says "Please Wait" for about 15 seconds before presenting my login screen.

I've never used an SSD but besides the fact that I can't FUCKING AFFORD ONE my 7200RPM wd blue seems to do the job pretty well.  It takes like 1-2 seconds on the windows loading screen, boots from cold in ~20-30 secs.

But if you have an SSD lying around I'll gladly take it off your hands...

EDIT:  I just booted it, takes approx. 15 secs to get to the login screen.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

my classmate bragging his laptop went "faster" because he added a stick of ram..

downloadram

well excuuuuuse me but it's www.downloadmoreram.com, I happen to have downloaded 128GBs of ddr4 myself.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

well excuuuuuse me but it's www.downloadmoreram.com, I happen to have downloaded 128GBs of ddr4 myself.

oh, stand corrected.lol

can you spot me some of those ddr4 rams you got? that website is blocked here in the office..  :D

Me too lol.  My school computers take like 3 minutes to log in on a good day xD