Experiences with non-techies

Sorry, bit of a short one here but someone just complained to me how Dell sucks.  Now, I can see if he meant their desktops, but their xps 12-13s look balls-to-the-wall glorious, so I asked why he thought that they suck.  He said they don't offer os x computers.

WWW died laughing 

"Death to gamer's ears"

''holy shit its so good my ears are bleeding wait shit shit shit thats not good oh fuck *dead*'' -TerrahBite reviews.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

''holy shit its so good my ears are bleeding wait shit shit shit thats not good oh fuck *dead*'' -TerrahBite reviews.

Best last words ever.

"my ears are bleeding wait shit shit shit thats not good oh fuck" ~ TerrahBite Reviews

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Best last words ever.

"my ears are bleeding wait shit shit shit thats not good oh fuck" ~ TerrahBite Reviews

^~^ 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Some people want me to transfer hd movies via bluetooth. They think hard drive and RAM are same. Once you fix their PC they blame you for anything dumb that follows (because of their stupidity) and expect you to help them all the time. Some people actually think storing more data on hard drives will make their laptops heavier!

Core i5 4440 - Gigabyte H97M-DS3P - Corsair Vengeance 4GB - Samsung 850 Pro 128 GB SSD - Sapphire ATI R7 240 - Panasonic L42ET60D / Dell S2240L [Dual Display] - 5TBs HDD - Audio Technica ATH M50 - FiiO E10 - Swans M50w - Asus Xonar DX - Corsair VS350 - Corsair Carbide 400R - Logitech Mx518 -Razer Goliathus - Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

Some people want me to transfer hd movies via bluetooth. They think hard drive and RAM are same. Once you fix their PC they blame you for anything dumb that follows (because of their stupidity) and expect you to help them all the time. Some people actually think storis more data on hard drives will make their laptops heavier!

My younger brother tries to be better at me than everything and I heard him talking to his friends about computers and I heard him saying all the wrong information!  I tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen, so now pretty much everyone at his school has the wrong information. 

Some people want me to transfer hd movies via bluetooth. They think hard drive and RAM are same. Once you fix their PC they blame you for anything dumb that follows (because of their stupidity) and expect you to help them all the time. Some people actually think storis more data on hard drives will make their laptops heavier!

Oh god let's not start with the whole "data in hdd makes it heavier" topic because it lasted for several pages...

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Oh god let's not start with the whole "data in hdd makes it heavier" topic because it lasted for several pages...

He's already got a warning from a mod, lol.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

My younger brother tries to be better at me than everything and I heard him talking to his friends about computers and I heard him saying all the wrong information!  I tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen, so now pretty much everyone at his school has the wrong information. 

Yeah man! You don't need to buy RAM! Just go to http://www.downloadmoreram.com!

I told someone to go to that site and they believed me. *facedesk*

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Same thing happened to me... a lot of explaining happened afterwards...

Same thing happened to me... a lot of explaining happened afterwards...

Just that they can't see in the bottom "This whole website is a joke : ) hope it made you laugh"... lol

To be honest, majority of people wouldn't bother to check it...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Agggh my eyes...

Please change the font to automatic so night theme users can read it without having to highlight it.

Dark theme fixer 

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Apparently the new vendor for HP boards is "Pegatron". That sounds like the shittiest name ever. And that's coming from a brony. 

Free-shipping-for-font-b-HP-b-font-Holly

AAAAAAAA NON-SOLID CAPS ON AN AM3+ BOARD

I'm done.

Non-techies buy this shit like crazy. WHY!??!!?!!??!

What are non solid caps? 

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

it is updated now it also suports ddr4

Bullshit.  Where did you find ddr4?

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

My brother thought

8ydu3azu.jpg8y3ajavu.jpgetate4yv.jpgwas a graphics card.

IT IS

It is the 168gb extra gamer xtremeee graphic card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nvm I found it.  Sorry for the outburst lol.

I remember last year some ignorant person in my grade said a magnet could wipe a HDD. It's pathetic that people believe him just because he has perfect 100%s in every single class. So he brought a magnet to school... And tried it on one of the laptops... He didn't put it even remotely near the HDD. He also says Tor has "hacker" software and is meant for those who like doing illegal activities.

Well yes actually, a magnet can very much distort the data on a hard drive by messing with the fields. Hard disk drives use magnetic fields to store data and use certain thresholds to determine if a certain field is a 0 or 1. The remnants of a field can still exist on the platter even when overwritten with other data, that's why you have software that will work at overwriting a disk multiple times to make it unrecoverable. Destroying remnants of magnetic fields using magnets is called degaussing.

ddr2/3/4 so ddr4 it under each product

Well yes actually, a magnet can very much distort the data on a hard drive by messing with the fields. Hard disk drives use magnetic fields to store data and use certain thresholds to determine if a certain field is a 0 or 1. The remnants of a field can still exist on the platter even when overwritten with other data, that's why you have software that will work at overwriting a disk multiple times to make it unrecoverable. Destroying remnants of magnetic fields using magnets is called degaussing.

I know that, but him not knowing where the HDD is in the computer leading him to stick it right above a CPU cooler isn't going to affect anything...

Spoiler

Spoiler

I know that, but him not knowing where the HDD is in the computer leading him to stick it right above a CPU cooler isn't going to affect anything...

oh, hahaha. never mind then.

so i put a harddrive on top of a desktop pc in college today, teacher says the hard drive and the pc will break due to magnetism. I then told the teacher it would highly benefit the class if i was the teacher from now on.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

oh, hahaha. never mind then.

Lol. :P

IT IS

It is the 168gb extra gamer xtremeee graphic card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just realized you replied to @Lanoi's post that is about to be a year old this month. Only a week and a half till. xD

Spoiler

Spoiler

so i put a harddrive on top of a desktop pc in college today, teacher says the hard drive and the pc will break due to magnetism. I then told the teacher it would highly benefit the class if i was the teacher from now on.

Nice. :-)

Lol. :P

I just realized you replied to @Lanoi's post that is about to be a year old this month. Only a week and a half till. xD

I was bored at work so was reading through old posts. :)