Experiences with non-techies

The only game I play is OpenBVE and that's an open-source train simulator...so no.

Damnit. I got excited about that for a second.

Look at my shiny. The logo lights up

Hey did you play a few rounds of CS:GO with a kid with an AWP Asiimov named harcu or harcu_is_boss? He said he played with someone named "WingNut" and offered to lick his butthole if you cluchted the round with the Scout.

WAT?

Can't even begin to tell you how annoyed I get when people spell Apple's computers, Apple iMacs, Macbooks etc with a whole Caps layout.

You didn't buy a MAC you bought a Mac.

God dammit Bobby.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I had a friend who would say he knows everything there is to know about computers

Once one of my teachers deleted a file but it was up on a windows media player. ( I don't know how she did this)

So i was going to tell her that im good with computers, but here comes my friend LITERALLY ON TOP OF HER saying he knows everything. So she lets him work on it for a good 2 minutes and he's like "Yea your screwed" and closed out the window, I was crying so hard.

another time I was hanging out with him, talking about the usual android vs apple argument. I swear some of the things he says

Him:"Can you play Tiny wings on a Samsung?"

Me:"But i don't wanna play games, i use my phone as a utility"

Him:*he walks away flustered*

Most of the time it was geek vs nerd kinda thing though, he had posters of stuff like Dr who (eww) and star wars (eh) i have a shelf dedicated to usbs with os' on em.

Wished i asked more questions so i could make him regret his existence, but he moved before i could do that.

Can't even begin to tell you how annoyed I get when people spell Apple's computers, Apple iMacs, Macbooks etc with a whole Caps layout.

God dammit Bobby.

Whenever they say "MAC" instead of "Mac" I keep thinking they're talking about Media Access Control addresses.

Whenever they say "MAC" instead of "Mac" I keep thinking they're talking about Media Access Control addresses.

1f8bb5f6b13e9845d628a2734aa0f3a6468dbe76

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

God dammit Bobby.

Well, technically, whenever you buy a device with a networking component (i.e. bluetooth, WiFi, Ethernet), you get a MAC (address) or two (depending on how many networking components there are)... You also get an IMEI with it sometimes...

By this logic, I've got plenty of MAC (addresses)s...

Well, technically, whenever you buy a device with a networking component (i.e. bluetooth, WiFi, Ethernet), you get a MAC (address) or two (depending on how many networking components there are)... You also get an IMEI with it sometimes...

By this logic, I've got plenty of MAC (addresses)s...

I am 99.99% sure though that this is not what they mean though.

I get where you're coming from. It's just that most people do not know what a MAC address is to start with and I hate when people all-caps it.

I get where you're coming from too, but as STRM said, most people don't know what means MAC address and tend to capslock Mac because... stuff.

Speaking of MAC addresses, it's always fun asking nontechies what their MAC address is and getting the response of "but I don't have a Mac"

even better if they asked where their Mac would live.

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

[snip]

Most of the time it was geek vs nerd kinda thing though, he had posters of stuff like Dr who (eww) and star wars (eh) i have a shelf dedicated to usbs with os' on em.

Wished i asked more questions so i could make him regret his existence, but he moved before i could do that.

Doctor Who?  EW???

Anyways, what if you have usb's and DW posters?

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

I've got a spectacular story to tell Direct from the classroom! A few days ago, my friends and I were playing some n64 games stored in the depths of the school servers, when the emulator crashed and the resolution defaulted to 800x600. I tried to fix it without admin privileges by opening Intel HD Graphics Control panel, but the windows is so big that the apply and ok buttons aren't shown on-screen and the window is not dragable. The teacher said don't worry (she had no idea we were playing games) and she would get it fixed. I come in today, the resolution is still set to 800x600. At the end of class I stay after, made her sign in as admin and set the resolution back to full in less than 30 seconds. She was amazed, and gave me a piece of candy! :D

And she's the tech com teacher.....

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

The tech manager at the school says he can download a new graphics card for the school compter to run a program, and I'm trying to explain to him that he cant. Its more ridiculous as downloadable ram.

http://www.downloadmoregpu.com ? :P

Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE

Here is what that laptop's condition is: 

-snippity-

WANT. i would love one of those. if that's the laptop that i think it is (latitude d30orsomethingsimilar), there is a spare mpci-e slot, supposed to be used for a mobile data card that you could possibly put a SSD into. also if it is the version i'm thinking of the model with nvidia quardo graphics is unreliable, the gpu fails quite a lot.

I just type the name of the program into Start. That way I can get an elevated command prompt just by typing cmd pressing ctrl+shift+enter.

Thank you, learned something new.

WANT. i would love one of those. if that's the laptop that i think it is (latitude d30orsomethingsimilar), there is a spare mpci-e slot, supposed to be used for a mobile data card that you could possibly put a SSD into. also if it is the version i'm thinking of the model with nvidia quardo graphics is unreliable, the gpu fails quite a lot.

I have four Dell Latitude e6410/e6400 Mobile workstations. They are absolutely rock solid. The 2 e6410's have i5s and Intel HD. The other 2 e6400s have C2d's, One with Chipset graphics and another with a Quadro. I have had no problems with the Quadro, seems to work fine. But best of all,, they all have standard DP and eSATA ports. Absolute workstations.

Also, quick question, what would have more power driving a 1080p display with WMC. I am currently using the Core i5, but it struggles to run WMC. Would the 2c/2t C2d with a Quadro (I think NVS 130) beat a 2c/4t Core i5 with Intel HD graphics?

Thank you, learned something new.

It does have an extra mpcie slot but idk if the bios supports that. Also the one i have is the integrated graphics so overheating is not a problem. Its the d630

Long time reader, time to contribute something to the topic.

So i was chatting with the brother of a buddy of mine. In the last 2-3 years, i know for a fact that he has owned several Android phones, varying from mid range models to flagships.

I own an LG G2, his latest buy was a G3 so since he knows i like tech stuff and have the previous model, he gives it to me to take a look and play with. I unlock the screen and face a home screen setup that the only term i would use to describe it, was iphone-like.

He had the default number of home screens side by side, and almost all of them just filled with the icons of all the apps he had downloaded. Let me mention here that he has never owned an iphone, so it was not a matter of wanting a familiar interface.

So after seeing this cluttered mess of home screens i ask him why doesn't he use widgets for his most frequent used apps, since they can provide useful info at a glance and also give you access to the app if needed.

So the owner of several past and current Androids asks me with total ignorance in his eyes: "What is widgets?"

I proceeded to a HUGE inner /facepalm, trying not to show any emotion, and then actually took the time to show him widgets on my phone and how he could use them himself on his own device.

His home screens look way better now and less cluttered, but man....

The Scarlet Dawn - CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz | Cooling: Corsair H60 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 | RAM: Kingston Fury Red Series 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory | Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" SSD +

Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" HDD + Western Digital RED SERIES 1TB 3.5" HDD | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti DirectCU II 1GB | Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

post-184390-0-31348200-1421427622_thumb.

Dammit, now I have a headache

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Hey guys, how do I download a GTX 970?

Just go to http://www.downloadmoregpu.com :P

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

I have a new one.

My mother has just recently got a new laptop and needed office 2013 with it. She called me today and asked me where the cd was. She wasn't aware that most stuff is digital now and handled with keys.

Also, this blew up.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

I have a new one.

My mother has just recently got a new laptop and needed office 2013 with it. She called me today and asked me where the cd was. She wasn't aware that most stuff is digital now and handled with keys.

Also, this blew up.

Well, you're back!